Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 05:54 PM

1,596 posts, read 1,159,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
And or say they will ignore any federal law, exactly how is this being a patriotic american ? Also why are the one's saying this seem to be the dumbest hicks around ?

Gun Laws - South Wants Secession & Impeachment Again - YouTube

Just curious
Hey, man. No constitution, no states.

How many times to you have to be told that, the Constitution has been made into "just a piece of paper"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 05:56 PM

1,596 posts, read 1,159,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilsav View Post
You're not worth anyone's time.
I never signed mine, either.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:00 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
He will get around to it. Don't underestimate the man. He is a moron in his sense of what he wants done,but he is dangerous and a threat to this country and to the people of this country.
and the rest of the world that depends on the steady, solid leadership of the US for preserving freedom globallly.

The world would be one huge dung hold (like Detroit, for example), if it were not for the US.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:29 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,756,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilsav View Post
You're not worth anyone's time.
So I guess not...oh well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
and the rest of the world that depends on the steady, solid leadership of the US for preserving freedom globallly.

The world would be one huge dung hold (like Detroit, for example), if it were not for the US.

LMAO...do you believe what you just typed? Holy crap....a neo con if I have ever seen one....Iraq and Afghanistan are in great shape thanks to us. I bet Japan appreciates the US dropping 2 nukes on them as well...Germany ah yeah they loved us for murdering hundreds of thousands of civilians then letting communism take over half of Europe for 50 years! Give me a break lady.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:40 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post

but the rural regions of the South are as devoid of economic activity as Detroit. They belong with Detroit, although at least for decades, Motown was economically viable.

We have many counties nearby that have NEVER been economically viable. They also never will be.

When moving here, I cherry picked where I would live to insure it was a town that lived in the same century as the calendar indicated it was.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:56 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,444,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
When you make assumptions you make an ass out of you and, well out of you!

The 1st Amendment has been infringed upon in recent years and yes, people are more careful what they say in public to avoid being slandered and labelled.

Obama extended the Patriot act which he promised not to do during his 2008 campaign. He passed NDAA and now that he is in his 2nd term with nothing to lose is showing his hatred and contempt for this country with his arrogance and absolute refusal to take responsibility much less negotiate on the spending that is pushing us over the edge. He is attempting to infringe the 2nd Amendment by EO. He is implementing Obamacare despite his promises not to raise taxes on the middle class. He is quietly implementing his propaganda program (Common Core) in our public schools.

Yes, he is a tyrant and our congress is appropriately standing up to his attempts to bypass their authority.
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
The Mexicans are leaving and Migration has slowed.
Why wave of Mexican immigration stopped - CNN.com

And the wealthy are leaving too: More Wealthy Americans Voting With Their Feet, Fleeing The U.S. | Wealthy People Leaving U.S. | Fox Nation

The only ones that are staying who would love to leave, are the ones who don't have any options.
I agree with you in that the 1st amendment has been encroached but don't forget many were cheering it on. After all look at the attitudes towards those in the ows movement, now at the time I was not on this site but can only imagine the amount of people cheering as many were either maced,beat, or arrested so for that abuse of freedom you have the american people to blame for this as well as many on the right and even some on the left. Also you state that congress is standing up to this tyrant yet that same congress voted on and agreed with the patriot act they also UNANIMOUSLY voted YES on NDAA as well as the president. Which by the way I was not a fan of then and I still am not a fan of, ALSO Daily Kos: National Defense Authorization Act -- 13 Senators voted NO And these are the 13 senators notice I said 13 out of how many ?? The 13 senators who voted against the bill were
Dick Durbin (D-Ill.),
Ben Cardin (D-Md.),
Al Franken (D-Minn.),
Tom Harkin (D-Iowa),
Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.),
Ron Wyden (D-Ore.),
Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.),
Jim Risch (R-Idaho),
Rand Paul (R-Ky.),
Mike Lee (R-Utah),
Jim DeMint (R-S.C.),
Mike Crapo (R-Idaho) and
Tom Coburn (R-Okla.).
So give me a break when you say our congress is fighting obama the tyrant when they themselves were perfectly ok with it in the first place. And did you ever think the wealthy move because they can afford it ? I mean I'm sure there are cheap billionaires out there but I seriously doubt they would move and leave the money they make for whatever silly reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statutory Ape View Post
Hey, man. No constitution, no states.

How many times to you have to be told that, the Constitution has been made into "just a piece of paper"?
Yep and it started with bush 2 and the patriot act !

Old 01-18-2013, 07:18 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times
Default Have you ever picked up a book on history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
The only one trying to change America is Obama and his followers. What is Obama's quote, oh yea---"fundamentally transform, America".
That statement right there clinched it for me - you have 0 knowledge of history, world or U.S., with current events, and you're probably hard pressed to know where your shoes are. In fact, I think you are utterly unfamiliar with any form of history, world, U.S., any.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:30 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
And or say they will ignore any federal law, exactly how is this being a patriotic american ? Also why are the one's saying this seem to be the dumbest hicks around ?

Gun Laws - South Wants Secession & Impeachment Again - YouTube

Just curious

The core of conservatism is exclusion. conservatives don't like democracy. They hate millions of their fellow citizens and don't view them as real Americans. As the US government attempts to help voters who are not white, conservatives will increasingly become more anti American, and democracy. conservatives will increasingly see elections as tyranny if they continue to lose. conservatives will grow to see elections as those dark hordes of illegitimate Americans voting themselves more benefits at their expense.

Add up all of those perceived wrongs mix in self righteousness, the belief that their nation is being stolen from them by those people and minds dominated by fear and paranoia, you get people ripe for talk of secession and civil war.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:37 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Default Obama: "Fundamentally Transforming the United States of America"

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell
The only one trying to change America is Obama and his followers. What is Obama's quote, oh yea---"fundamentally transform, America".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
That statement right there clinched it for me - you have 0 knowledge of history, world or U.S., with current events, and you're probably hard pressed to know where your shoes are. In fact, I think you are utterly unfamiliar with any form of history, world, U.S., any.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrefKCaV8m4

I'm new to the thread, so which poster said, quit trying to change America? Well Ditto for me too. Stop it!

Now for history. What was it Hitler wanted to do for Germany? lol omg. You people crack me up.

The handwriting is clear and on the wall. I can read it. Why can't you? Obama is very clear on his, 'let me be clear'.

The States, some states, they have had enough of the Federal Governments control. Apparently though there are citizens who are going to go out of their way so as to insure the Federal Government gains control of every facet of life in this country.

How'd that end for Germany? May want to read it, learn it, because soon, you'll be living it, right here in the good 'ole U.S. of A.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 01-18-2013 at 07:57 PM..

Old 01-18-2013, 07:47 PM

518 posts, read 406,781 times
I love it when Bubba and Bobby Joe try their hand at Constitutional Law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies