Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 10:33 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,916,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by proverbs23and7 View Post
Its not odd, Jesse and Al know if they rally the black community to be more accountable to their families, it would eliminate their jobs. See, their job of victimizing the black community is profitable. Showing up when Trayvon Martin is shot by a non-black gets you media attention, not when Tyrone shoots Maurice. Al and the other race pimps were saddened when they figured out the shooter was Hispanic.
1 drop rule: Zimmerman was a "Black" dude AND a Hispanic dude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 10:44 AM

73,062 posts, read 62,670,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
We all know the OP doesn't give a flying **** about who was affected. It was spite. As for Edward, you tell us to stop worry about motivation and address the issue. We try to but he runs his ****ing mouth about "blacks did this and blacks did that". I'm well aware of the issue, but as I've said before It does not matter how much I talk about it, I cannot be inside every black person's brain. Those blacks are a small population of the black race but yet some how we are ALL expected to take the heat for their actions.
You have basically said everything I've tried to say. I would be just as happy to call out those criminals who did that shooting on Dr. King Day. However, I will do it because I CARE. I'm not going to do it out of spite. I care because of Dr. King's legacy. We have Dr. King Day to celebrate because of what he stood for and what he did. For this to happen on Dr. King Day is a tragedy. However, for it to happen on any other day of the week is just as tragic.

However, like you, I agree that the entire Black population should not be made to pay for the actions of a few. That isn't fair. I haven't done anything to make those criminals shoot and kill. When Bill Cosby was making his speech, he wasn't making ALL Black people pay for the stupidity of a few. He confronted those who were acting like fools. When Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter called out the teenagers involved in the mob violence in the summer of 2011, he called out those individuals, not the entire Black population. It floors me alot. Why should the entire Black population be made to pay for the actions of a few thugs? I didn't tell those thugs to act like idiots. I don't even live in the impoverished parts of New Orleans,and neither do you. How are we responsible?

Old 01-27-2013, 01:14 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,618,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Slavery is wrong in any capacity, but the slave system in the Americas was particularly cruel compared to everywhere else. For instance, slaves in Africa still had their languages, culture, religion, etc, and were not purposely torn from their families as a means of breaking their psyche as they were over here.
What are you reading in terms of the history of slavery and human rights in Africa? Not only were the worst forms of slavery in Africa, it still exisists today, and black African nations have the most consistent records of human rights violations in world history.

But anyway, one African tribe would conquer another and sell the captives to the white slave traders. The surplus would be killed if they could not be of use, or worked to death. It makes no historical sense at all to believe in something so ludicrous as that the conquering tribes would sell them to the white slave traders, knowing ahead of time what the conditions on the ships were, and then turn around and treat the rest as family members. And that STILL, slavery exists in Africa.

I guess some things just don't add up...no matter how much some want to pretend it wasn't what it really was...

Old 01-27-2013, 01:29 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,708,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
What are you reading in terms of the history of slavery and human rights in Africa? Not only were the worst forms of slavery in Africa, it still exisists today, and black African nations have the most consistent records of human rights violations in world history.

But anyway, one African tribe would conquer another and sell the captives to the white slave traders. The surplus would be killed if they could not be of use, or worked to death. It makes no historical sense at all to believe in something so ludicrous as that the conquering tribes would sell them to the white slave traders, knowing ahead of time what the conditions on the ships were, and then turn around and treat the rest as family members. And that STILL, slavery exists in Africa.

I guess some things just don't add up...no matter how much some want to pretend it wasn't what it really was...
What was it really, then? That the white slave traders were evil just like the african's who sold the slaves to the white slave traders? Yeah, I agree they both were evil. The Confederacy was evil(they fought the war, because the aristocracy led by Jefferson Davis knew the end was coming to their king cotton days, due to industrial expansion in the north and its expansion to the west. And the southern aristocracy didn't want to cede their kingly roles. Please, no revisionist history allowed). Some of the Founders were evil(a lot of them owned slaves). And Africa, which we're talking about the USA not Africa, still has slavery going on(a lot of it is intertwined with the history of white colonialism/exploitation, the Arab slave trade, and of course the tribal problems). I think that you think there is some type of "end game" trying to be played here. Well, there isn't. To be aware of these atrocious acts committed against humans is a good thing. To be aware of the systematically racist policies enacted in this country against the slaves and their present progeny is a good thing. Awareness makes us aware. Only our ego's can stop us from this awareness, and that's because it likes the comfort it felt when the world was all sugarplums and rainbows.....and when the ego shouted out, "the south is gonna rise again!" and all that jazz.

Old 01-27-2013, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
You're partly correct, but it still took a buyer. And those buyers treated that new human property they purchased with violence, humiliation and then even continued that violence/humiliation against them after they were no longer property, but were allowed to be human(just like the white man). Also, we're talking about this country, TexReb, not the African continent who has seen its fair share of white colonization which has helped contribute to its unstableness. Nobody is wrong here, TexReb. It's just that there are more variables to the situation than I think your eyes are being able to see, at this moment in time. The cute ad hominem "marxist line" was just too darn cute, too, in one of your post to me. I can tell this info is troubling to your psyche, since you feel it's stomping on your proud confederate roots. Don't let it be, though, because awareness is one of our greatest gifts. It helps us to grow as an individual, and then as a species.
LMAO. Uhhh BusterK? To add to my last reply? Don't mistake me for a whole 'nother body and presume to condecend to me. I am more than equal to taking you on when it comes to that sort of angle on what could, actually, be a good debate/discussion. But that ball is in your court...

Now with that said? Yes, I DID use the term/phrase "marxist line"...because that is how it comes across. Now if I am wrong? Then tell me so, and I will personally and publicly apologize. If not? Then all is dependent, in future discussions, your ideological/historical foundations, as concerns the way to proceed.

Just as an aside here, while I await your answer to the question? You say something about "troubling my psyche"? Are you serious? Oh wow...

*getting over laughing fit* Uhhhh, believe it or not? I don't spend much time obscessing over so-called "past injustices". Quit assuming (for your own sake in life), that what consumes your time consumes every one elses!

To put it bluntly? I don't feel the slightest atom of guilt over anything my ancestors did. If you do over what yours did? Then that is between you, your conciouness, and your god as you believe...

Old 01-27-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
LMAO. Uhhh BusterK? To add to my last reply? Don't mistake me for a whole 'nother body and presume to condecend to me. I am more than equal to taking you on when it comes to that sort of angle on what could, actually, be a good debate/discussion. But that ball is in your court...

Now with that said? Yes, I DID use the term/phrase "marxist line"...because that is how it comes across. Now if I am wrong? Then tell me so, and I will personally and publicly apologize. If not? Then all is dependent, in future discussions, your ideological/historical foundations, as concerns the way to proceed.

Just as an aside here, while I await your answer to the question? You say something about "troubling my psyche"? Are you serious? Oh wow...

*getting over laughing fit* Uhhhh, believe it or not? I don't spend much time obscessing over so-called "past injustices". Quit assuming (for your own sake in life), that what consumes your time consumes every one elses!

To put it bluntly? I don't feel the slightest atom of guilt over anything my ancestors did. If you do over what yours did? Then that is between you, your conciouness, and your god as you believe...
It doesn't really consume my time. The past/present/future all meld into one, though. Heck, your username shows that the past still affects you. And if there is any condescending and assuming someone knows something about someone else, it comes from that "marxist line" bullpucky you slid in at me. Oh, but you'll retract that, right? Aren't you just totally awesome. Once again, no one is asking for you to feel guilty. If you think that that is the case, then maybe you feel that you should feel guilty about something? I dunno.

Old 01-27-2013, 03:14 PM

Quote:
It doesn't really consume my time. The past/present/future all meld into one, though. Heck, your username shows that the past still affects you. And if there is any condescending and assuming someone knows something about someone else, it comes from that "marxist line" bullpucky you slid in at me. Oh, but you'll retract that, right? Aren't you just totally awesome. Once again, no one is asking for you to feel guilty. If you think that that is the case, then maybe you feel that you should feel guilty about something? I dunno.
Uhhhh. will you answer the question? LOL Is or is not your world outlook/ideology, "Marxist"? Yes or no? I have not a problem at all stating that mine is paleo-conservative of the Southern states rights variety. Why do you seem to have one with my asking what yours is? I don't understand that...unless you are ashamed of it...

Main thing is, if you don't want to answer, directly, then fine. But my earlier point was that for two people to engage in honest and productive debate/discussion, then it might be a good formation to know, somewhat, if the whole essence of the "issue" is a totally different vision. As Thomas Sowell once described...

Off on a tangent? You ask about my user-name? What about it? It is TexasReb. It reflects that I am proud of my Texas and Southern heritage. So what is your point? *shrug*

Old 01-27-2013, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Uhhhh. will you answer the question? LOL Is or is not your world outlook/ideology, "Marxist"? Yes or no? I have not a problem at all stating that mine is paleo-conservative of the Southern states rights variety. Why do you seem to have one with my asking what yours is? I don't understand that...unless you are ashamed of it...

Main thing is, if you don't want to answer, directly, then fine. But my earlier point was that for two people to engage in honest and productive debate/discussion, then it might be a good formation to know, somewhat, if the whole essence of the "issue" is a totally different vision. As Thomas Sowell once described...

Off on a tangent? You ask about my user-name? What about it? It is TexasReb. It reflects that I am proud of my Texas and Southern heritage. So what is your point? *shrug*
You said "I don't spend much time obsessing over past injustices", and I believe you....you spend that time in the past(mainly the southern United States one) romanticizing it; that's why I giggled when you said that about the past, and I brought up your username. And you trying to imply that i'm some "marxist" is definitely your way of being a sly little dog. Don't kid yourself, I know you meant it as an insult, a way to say "that guys a marxist, and i've got him figured out". I've answered you on many things, it appears some of it flies by your head, because you yourself(as i'm guilty of too at times) believe you've got me figured out some, and we being humans can be stubborn to our specific mindset. I've had quite a few discussions where the conservative throws that "marxist" claptrap drivel out for the very purposes I previously stated. I'm one of those guys who follows economic philosophy, political philosophy and social philosophy like a sports fanatic follows the NFL/MLB/NBA. I takes jabs at the left just as much as I do the right. But for some odd reason on here(C-D) the righties just keep lobbing these chest high, slow balls straight down the middle that one would be a fool not to knock out of the park! There aren't too many coincidences when it comes to political things. These things can usually be pieced together, and it just takes one with a knack for a little detective work to do it, also an ability to see through the bull-excrement that the media/pundits/and the politicians themselves try to throw out at ya. Finding these links has always come easy to me. But, am I a marxist? No. Have I read 'Das Kapital'? Yes. Along with many other ones.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:00 PM

468 posts, read 553,863 times
Quote:

Good post. I think the race-slavery issue between blacks and whites can become so muddled with both sides being immature.

People think that if someone mentions black on black or arab on black slavery that you're negating white slave owners but that isn't true. It's just that some insist on exploiting the latter to justify and excuse their behaviour and actions. I've written about this before. I've seen many African academics excuse Arab slavery of blacks (Saudi only ended it in 1962 I think) due to silly things like they were allowed to marry Arabs (pathetic, almost as if they're saying "we had to work hard so that whites would marry us but Arabs let us do it right away"..well DUH, they want more Muslims ), & other crap like Arabs gave them more freedoms... Except blacks have way more equal rights and status in White nations than in Arab ones, not to mention Islam has had an equally devastating effect on African nations. And it's totally unfair for them to dismiss that.

There are MANY things about the history of slavery people don't know about because the media and education system are rigged. There were plenty of white slaves as well in America & even in Europe. Arabs have gotten off so easily when it comes to taking responsibility for their part in the slave trade, as people can't seem to separate the Western-Israel colonialism attack on muslim nations from the valid fact that their religion and culture are quite dangerous. Arabs enslaved not only blacks but whites as well.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:13 PM

Quote:
You said "I don't spend much time obsessing over past injustices", and I believe you....you spend that time in the past(mainly the southern United States one) romanticizing it; that's why I giggled when you said that about the past, and I brought up your username. And you trying to imply that i'm some "marxist" is definitely your way of being a sly little dog. Don't kid yourself, I know you meant it as an insult, a way to say "that guys a marxist, and i've got him figured out". I've answered you on many things, it appears some of it flies by your head, because you yourself(as i'm guilty of too at times) believe you've got me figured out some, and we being humans can be stubborn to our specific mindset. I've had quite a few discussions where the conservative throws that "marxist" claptrap drivel out for the very purposes I previously stated. I'm one of those guys who follows economic philosophy, political philosophy and social philosophy like a sports fanatic follows the NFL/MLB/NBA. I takes jabs at the left just as much as I do the right. But for some odd reason on here(C-D) the righties just keep lobbing these chest high, slow balls straight down the middle that one would be a fool not to knock out of the park! There aren't too many coincidences when it comes to political things. These things can usually be pieced together, and it just takes one with a knack for a little detective work to do it, also an ability to see through the bull-excrement that the media/pundits/and the politicians themselves try to throw out at ya. Finding these links has always come easy to me. But, am I a marxist? No. Have I read 'Das Kapital'? Yes. Along with many other ones.
Ok, that is all I asked and thanks for anwering as in that you are not a "marxist".

At the same time? I recognize attempts to steer things into the ditch. But whatever....so what are you? As I said earlier, I don't mind answering the question as to my political philosophy. Why should you mind doing the same. A socialist? Neo-conservative, what? And how old are you?

When it comes down to brass tacks? All you are doing is throwing up a cloud of fog under the cover of sound-bytes.

But bud? Again, don't make the mistake of condecending to me because you are getting peeved that I am honing in on your own motives. I am not much impressed, much less intimidated by all that.

And anyway, to go back to the beginning? You are the one who first attempted to deflect. And everyone knows it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies