Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 09:38 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,643,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
You obviously didn't read where I said "they didn't turn down the offer" part, did ya? Can you guess who I probably was talking about? I'll give you a hint......it wasn't the white dudes who offered the white dudes the slaves.
Yeah, I did read it. And I guess I am still not sure of your point. Africans sold other Africans into slavery, and in the United States, free blacks owned slaves. So I guess, no, I am not sure of what you are saying here...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 09:57 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,711,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Yeah, I did read it. And I guess I am still not sure of your point. Africans sold other Africans into slavery, and in the United States, free blacks owned slaves. So I guess, no, I am not sure of what you are saying here...
Who do you think sold the white dudes the slaves if it wasn't other white dudes? Remember they are in Africa Was it chinese dudes? Probably not. And once again, i'm not saying that those white dudes were the only ones committing evil, horribly atrocious acts against humanity. I'm saying that in this country there has definitely been a concerted effort by the ruling class(mainly composed of white dudes) to keep another class, which is primarily made up of poor black men, systematically down. The proof is in the historical pudding. Let he who has eyes, see!

Old 01-26-2013, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Who do you think sold the white dudes the slaves if it wasn't other white dudes? Remember they are in Africa Was it chinese dudes? Probably not. And once again, i'm not saying that those white dudes were the only ones committing evil, horribly atrocious acts against humanity. I'm saying that in this country there has definitely been a concerted effort by the ruling class(mainly composed of white dudes) to keep another class, which is primarily made up of poor black men, systematically down. The proof is in the historical pudding. Let he who has eyes, see!
Yeah, I know the Marxist line...but the only ruling class right now is in Washington...but anyway...

Oh good lord...what is this "white dudes" crap? Africans sold other Africans into slavery to the whites who bought them and those not sold were kept as slaves, or killed as useless baggage by the former. Slavery still exists in Africa. And free blacks owned slaves in the U.S.

Again, what is this "dudes" stuff? Can you carry on a discussion without that type silliness?

Dudes? How articulate! LMAO....

Old 01-26-2013, 10:27 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,700,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
Hood rats shot by more hood rats and they want to take our guns away because of the hood rats.
hood rats didn't shoot up a movie theater, sikh temple, school and mall.. they want to take your guns because of another reason

Old 01-26-2013, 11:05 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,711,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Yeah, I know the Marxist line...but the only ruling class right now is in Washington...but anyway...

Oh good lord...what is this "white dudes" crap? Africans sold other Africans into slavery to the whites who bought them and those not sold were kept as slaves, or killed as useless baggage by the former. Slavery still exists in Africa. And free blacks owned slaves in the U.S.

Again, what is this "dudes" stuff? Can you carry on a discussion without that type silliness?

Dudes? How articulate! LMAO....
When i'm waxing the unpoetic with you, the silliness just seems to come natural. And there most definitely is a ruling class in this country, and its clans coat of arms looks something like this "$$$$$$$$$". So yeah, the aristocracy is still fine and dandy, just like back in Jefferson Davis' day. Again how does some free blacks who owned slaves in the U.S. and some guys(sorry i'll try to refrain from using dudes) over in Africa selling their fellow countrymen into slavery, have anything to do with the more prevalent white slave owners in america during the early years of the nation; and the racist policies put into place against black people, because of their original status as property(they weren't even perceived to be human) in these United States? Remember it takes awhile to consciously change ideas concerning our realities.....just think how much longer it takes to change our unconscious ones? Heck, i'd be willing to bet that there are still quite a bit of these ideas/thoughts hiding within the deep recesses of our psyches, popping up from time to time. Also, take a bit of your time and read some on the prison-industrial complex, the illegal drug trade and how a bunch of dope ended up in the hands of poor black men in the ghetto and a few sociological papers/books touching on some of these subjects. And one more thing, you haven't seen the movie 'The Big Lebowski'? Because I must say that it was one of the great cinematic moments of articulation that my eyes and ears were blessed to have been a viewer/listener of. And the dude abides.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:38 PM

Quote:
When i'm waxing the unpoetic with you, the silliness just seems to come natural. And there most definitely is a ruling class in this country, and its clans coat of arms looks something like this "$$$$$$$$$". So yeah, the aristocracy is still fine and dandy, just like back in Jefferson Davis' day. Again how does some free blacks who owned slaves in the U.S. and some guys(sorry i'll try to refrain from using dudes) over in Africa selling their fellow countrymen into slavery, have anything to do with the more prevalent white slave owners in america during the early years of the nation; and the racist policies put into place against black people, because of their original status as property(they weren't even perceived to be human) in these United States? Remember it takes awhile to consciously change ideas concerning our realities.....just think how much longer it takes to change our unconscious ones? Heck, i'd be willing to bet that there are still quite a bit of these ideas/thoughts hiding within the deep recesses of our psyches, popping up from time to time. Also, take a bit of your time and read some on the prison-industrial complex, the illegal drug trade and how a bunch of dope ended up in the hands of poor black men in the ghetto and a few sociological papers/books touching on some of these subjects. And one more thing, you haven't seen the movie 'The Big Lebowski'? Because I must say that it was one of the great cinematic moments of articulation that my eyes and ears were blessed to have been a viewer/listener of. And the dude abides.
Simple. Because you don't want to address that aspect of it. If it had not been for Africans selling their fellow Africans into slavery? Then their decendents would still be in Africa...and all that implies. Perhaps even still slaves, since it still exists in some parts of the continent. Am I wrong? If so, how and why?

Old 01-26-2013, 11:46 PM

14,736 posts, read 14,719,637 times
Slavery is wrong in any capacity, but the slave system in the Americas was particularly cruel compared to everywhere else. For instance, slaves in Africa still had their languages, culture, religion, etc, and were not purposely torn from their families as a means of breaking their psyche as they were over here.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:30 AM

73,177 posts, read 62,867,835 times
I feel in my gut that this thread was started mainly out of spite. I know the OP's history. Something tells me this was more out of spite than any concern for the victims of such shootings. He could have picked better things to say. It was a tragedy that this happened at all, and especially on Dr. King Day. It was, especially when you consider that Dr. King stood for nonviolence. He made things work through nonviolence.

That being said, I have a feeling that this thread was started mainly to spite Dr. King Day, and to spite Blacks. If it wasn't, I would have heard more concern out of the OP than I did. Instead, I heard some stupid joke that went along the line of "SHM they're living the dream". Sounds more like an insult masqueraded as a joke.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:32 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,464,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I feel in my gut that this thread was started mainly out of spite. I know the OP's history. Something tells me this was more out of spite than any concern for the victims of such shootings. He could have picked better things to say. It was a tragedy that this happened at all, and especially on Dr. King Day. It was, especially when you consider that Dr. King stood for nonviolence. He made things work through nonviolence.

That being said, I have a feeling that this thread was started mainly to spite Dr. King Day, and to spite Blacks. If it wasn't, I would have heard more concern out of the OP than I did. Instead, I heard some stupid joke that went along the line of "SHM they're living the dream". Sounds more like an insult masqueraded as a joke.
Stop worrying about motivation address the issues.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:34 AM

73,177 posts, read 62,867,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Stop worrying about motivation address the issues.
I am not going to stop worrying about the motivation. If you are going to come at me with rude, disrespectful comments, then why should I listen to you? I could address this issue just as easily with someone else, in a more respectful manner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies