Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2013, 04:54 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
So what about teenagers? Although it's nice in theory, in practicality it doesn't work so well. Today you need more education and experience before you can afford a kid when compared to 100 years ago. Without abortion we will need public funding one way or another.
What about teenagers? Teenagers should not be having sex. No one should until they are mature enough to shoulder the responsibilities - and that is best done within the framework of marriage.

Why can't young people enjoy their youth while they have it - and leave adult things like sexual intercourse for later once they find a lifelong mate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 04:56 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
No, it isn't.

When I want a snack....I might go get an apple to munch on......I certainly am not going to go get an apple seed to munch on.
Ah - but you could plant that seed in the ground, give it water, and then have a lot of other snacks available at a future time.

That wouldn't be possible if you threw the seed in the trash.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:57 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,736,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Once again - where did I ever mention religion - let alone a church?
The second you mentioned being against abortion I knew you were a Bible banger. I'm surprised. Are you an atheist? If you are, you'll have no problem saying that God is dead. Say it. I'll put money on it you won't.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:57 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,267,905 times
Quote:
What about teenagers? Teenagers should not be having sex. No one should until they are mature enough to shoulder the responsibilities - and that is best done within the framework of marriage.

Why can't young people enjoy their youth while they have it - and leave adult things like sexual intercourse for later once they find a lifelong mate?
Teenagers are going to have sex, there is no stopping that. While it might not be ideal it is going to continue. There is no way to convince people to wait until they are 25/28 to have sex.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:59 PM

8,894 posts, read 5,376,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
If you don't like the way things are done here, feel free to move elsewhere. I can google some flights for you. In fact, I'm d*mned good at making flight arrangements. May I suggest Somalia. Excellent country - no Medicaid and almost no govt, in case you're one of those, "there's too much government" nutjobs.
Actually I'm making do quite well ..... most states Medicaid doesn't paqy for elective abortions, Federal dollars don't pay for them at all. We may just have our first abortion free state soon, and a couple of others are coming along nicely.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:00 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,736,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Actually I'm making do quite well ..... most states Medicaid doesn't paqy for elective abortions, Federal dollars don't pay for them at all. We may just have our first abortion free state soon, and a couple of others are coming along nicely.
See, that's what pisses me off about you people. You have no problem with shoving your disgusting religion down other people's throats, do you?

Old 01-23-2013, 05:01 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,520,612 times
Default Atheist against Abortions

Atheists Against Abortion - YouTube

Old 01-23-2013, 05:01 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,267,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Those people will just travel to other states for the procedure, or Mexico, possibly Canada.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:03 PM

8,894 posts, read 5,376,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Those people will just travel to other states for the procedure, or Mexico, possibly Canada.
Your point being .....

Old 01-23-2013, 05:04 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,054,775 times
Quote:
Is it or is it not possible that a pregnancy will result if a man and a woman engage in intercourse?

If your answer is yes - then the knowledge that this may occur, coupled with the willful decision to engage in such activity, is enough to prove that a possible pregnancy was planned.

Abortion just allows such decisions to be made with zero responsibility.

Engaging in activity that may result in a pregnancy and wanting a child should not be mutually exclusive.
No.....just because you have sex does not mean a pregnancy was planned.

Anymore than your decision to use a set of stairs means you planned to fall and break your leg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies