Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 08:30 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,028,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I didn't see any examples of "felonies" that I might commit. Maybe if I read thru the comments, but I don't care enough to do that past page 1. Sorry, I don't think I DO commit felonies but whatever, if I do so be it.
Read the first link - named "You Too?"

It gets very specific about examples of felonies.

Being from the Bay Area, I find it quite likely that you might run afoul of a few of those federal statutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 08:31 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,231,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I plan to become a public defender.

If you keep your assets up, you won't need my services.

I will bill the taxpayers.
Don't commit any felonies now, but I'm sure you trust yourself not to do that.

Oh wait - you don't 'fully' trust yourself at all, do you?

Whelp, looks like you'll never be that lawyer you wanted to be since you don't trust yourself. Oh well.

Why do you care if people do or don't commit three felonies a day? Worry about yourself, sparky.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:35 PM

217 posts, read 361,059 times
We need stronger law enforcement so all Americans can get their 3 felony charges to be sent by mail every day. I'd just toss them in the garbage and let felony go the dodo like the term racist has.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:39 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,270,883 times
Dumb laws exist everywhere.

LIS > Code of Virginia > 18.2-361
Statutes
10 States That Illegally Make Sodomy Illegal – And The 4 That Do Only If You’re Gay | The New Civil Rights Movement

Old 01-23-2013, 08:39 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,211,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I plan to become a public defender.

If you keep your assets up, you won't need my services.

I will bill the taxpayers.
I hope the government is paying your law school tuition too, because public defenders make barely enough to eat, let alone pay back student loans.

As for the rest--I didn't see anything in the examples listed that would apply to me committing one felony, let alone three a day. If you have examples, lets hear them.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:41 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,077,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Don't commit any felonies now, but I'm sure you trust yourself not to do that.

Oh wait - you don't 'fully' trust yourself at all, do you?

Whelp, looks like you'll never be that lawyer you wanted to be since you don't trust yourself. Oh well.

Why do you care if people do or don't commit three felonies a day? Worry about yourself, sparky.
For someone who wants someone to worry about themselves, you seem to awfully worried about them..... why don't you worry about yourself, bro?

At least be consistant, Mr Misrepresentation

Old 01-23-2013, 08:46 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,028,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I hope the government is paying your law school tuition too, because public defenders make barely enough to eat, let alone pay back student loans.

As for the rest--I didn't see anything in the examples listed that would apply to me committing one felony, let alone three a day. If you have examples, lets hear them.
Circumstances are variable.

If I find that I am unable to make enough working as a public defender, I will consider joining a firm, or beginning a private practice.

People should live within their means.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:46 PM

37,146 posts, read 42,245,999 times
Nope, I don't do any of that stuff.
While I understand the idea that things CAN or MAY be "arugued" to mean this or that the reality is that even the link couldn't find any for some of those gotchas. Plus this is just way to reminicent of the"Are you a good person?" razzledazzle that ignorant christains try to use on people to convert them.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:49 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,065,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Nope, I don't do any of that stuff.
I'm sure the book contains more examples. But what's funny is instead of you noting how ridiculous and immoral the federal government is for prosecuting such garbage you snarkly respond: Nah, I don't do that.

This above is what's wrong with America here. No sense of justice.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:51 PM

37,146 posts, read 42,245,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
I'm sure the book contains more examples. But what's funny is instead of you noting how ridiculous and immoral the federal government is for prosecuting such garbage you snarkly respond: Nah, I don't do that.

This above is what's wrong with America here. No sense of justice.
I wrote more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies