Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 11:45 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,296,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
Not really. You at least had the foresight to acknowledge the government for what she is and admit your position of complete indifference to it. Men of principal are few and far between, I hope to find some of them and awaken them.
Anti gubiment types are selective when it comes to their outrage over tyranny.

They whine about the 2nd being under attack yet support the patriot act. These are the same douchbags that want the gubiment to ban abortions and force sterilization. The same ones that were outraged by Janet Jackson's nipple on tv.

Anti gubiment types are often the biggest nanny staters around. Gubiment, hands off my Medicare and social security!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 11:47 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,064,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Huh? What the hell are you talking about? Lobsters?
If you read the article instead of just spouting of uninformed opinion you'd read a woman getting 2 years and a felony conviction for importing lobsters in clear plastic bags.

Now, do you know all the felonies on the books? And you want to claim that it's bull****? Why so sure with such little knowledge?

Your gut reaction is a symptom of your mental enslavement. You trust the wrong people.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Are you a potential felon, but don't know it?

You, too?

Amazon.com: Three Felonies A Day: How the Feds Target the Innocent (9781594035227): Harvey Silverglate: Books

Isn't it time that we stop our federal government from descending into tyranny?
If you had your way, a woman who has an abortion would be thrown in jail, along with the doctor. Big gubiment controlling a woman's womb

End of thread....

Old 01-23-2013, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Anti gubiment types are selective when it comes to their outrage over tyranny.

They whine about the 2nd being under attack yet support the patriot act. These are the same douchbags that want the gubiment to ban abortions and force sterilization. The same ones that were outraged by Janet Jackson's nipple on tv.

Anti gubiment types are often the biggest nanny staters around. Gubiment, hands off my Medicare and social security!!!
I have been vocal against the patriot act. You try to ridicule me but I stay behind my convictions and am open about my identity.

Anyways, I make my living as selling stuff "hard to get" by normal people. I'm completely off the tax grid.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:56 PM

Quote:
If you had your way, a woman who has an abortion would be thrown in jail, along with the doctor. Big gubiment controlling a woman's womb

End of thread....
This is a thread about the Federal government. Harrier wants to strip the Federal government of mandating abortion and allow it to be decided by each state. Less Federal laws == smaller government. Perfectly consistent.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:00 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,109,537 times
Quote:
If you read the article instead of just spouting of uninformed opinion you'd read a woman getting 2 years and a felony conviction for importing lobsters in clear plastic bags.

Now, do you know all the felonies on the books? And you want to claim that it's bull****? Why so sure with such little knowledge?

Your gut reaction is a symptom of your mental enslavement. You trust the wrong people.
The thread title and topic is a claim that the average American commits 3 felonies a day. I find that to be total bull ****. That means if you pick any poster on here - you, me, etc - it's pretty much a given he or she has committed 10's of thousands of felonies. That's utterly ridiculous. I can assure you I - nor anybody I know - have not commited 10,000+ felonies in my adult life.

And what article are you talking about? The OP contains SPAM - a link to a site where you can purchase a book. I don't click on SPAM advertising.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:02 AM

Quote:
This is a thread about the Federal government. Harrier wants to strip the Federal government of mandating abortion and allow it to be decided by each state. Less Federal laws == smaller government. Perfectly consistent.
So an oppressive state government is fine??

The fact that you claim the federal government is mandating abortions proves you aint no rebel.

Sorry, but what a crock of horse crap.

I'm done with this pseudo anarchist thread. Go watch easy rider or the Wild one

Old 01-24-2013, 12:09 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,024,945 times
Quote:

End of thread....
Wrong - I oppose all imprisonment and capital punishment.

It is up to the states what type of laws they would draft.

I would prefer a system where abortion clinics are not allowed to operate and where doctors who perform abortions lose their license to practice.

I would also support abortion to be classified as a malpractice tort that could be litigated in civil courts with the claimant being the state.

This system would hold only the doctors liable, however not criminally.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:12 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,313,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I would prefer a system where abortion clinics are not allowed to operate and where doctors who perform abortions lose their license to practice.

I would also support abortion to be classified as a malpractice tort that could be litigated in civil courts with the claimant being the state.

This system would hold only the doctors liable, however not criminally.
What punishment would you support for fathers who fail to provide emotionally, financially, and domestically (changing diapers, feeding, etc) for their children?

Old 01-24-2013, 12:13 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,024,945 times
Quote:

Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies