Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 01:07 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,454,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
And my point is that's absurd. It's about the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. You made the claim - support it.

I can assure you I committed no felonies today, and I can assure you I haven't even come close to committing some 13,600 felonies (3 per day) in the 12+ years since I turned 18.

I so agree with you, most likely as others on this post, within our power, i am sure most of us do not commit felonies. And come on now how many people have gotten in trouble for things on that list.

But as you say sometimes things being absurd, is what makes them true. Yes it is ridiculous, and that is what makes it real.

Most of us on this forum, democrats and republicians, liberals, and conseratives, i am sure live their life without commiting any felonies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 01:08 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The first link gives plenty of examples.

I am not about to plagiarize, so if you want to protect yourself, why don't you bother to click on the link and become educated?
you dont know what that word means.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:09 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,064,843 times
Let me guess, a convicted felon = bad person in your book?

And you're a good person, so it's impossible to conceive you will be convicted of a felony?

In general, a convicted felon is more honest and more moral than the government.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:15 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,064,843 times
It's time to stop worshiping government laws. It's time to stop attaching any significance to them. It's time to stop framing your morals around them. It's time to stop vilifying people for breaking the laws to protect the government.

The government only gets her power from people who think like the above. A slave master should never be able to hold 20 slaves and live but the weakness of the people spirit shows. In Haiti, the slaves realized they could be masters, and hung their owners.

The judge who sentenced that woman to 2 years is earning thousands of dollars from your check to throw you in prison for such offenses.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-24-2013 at 05:03 AM.. Reason: threat?

Old 01-24-2013, 01:59 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,208,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Are you a potential felon, but don't know it?

You, too?

Amazon.com: Three Felonies A Day: How the Feds Target the Innocent (9781594035227): Harvey Silverglate: Books

Isn't it time that we stop our federal government from descending into tyranny?
I'm surprised it's only three.....

You gotta remember, the government will not be happy until every American is in jail leaving America to the illegal aliens.....

Old 01-24-2013, 10:15 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,070,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
Who is paying you to work for the federal government? Why do you seek to minimize these atrocious crimes? Why do you seek to ignore a woman going to jail for 2 years for importing lobsters? Do you have any morals? Any sense of justice? Any sense of fairness?
What I have is a distaste for are websites, blogs, forums, or new media reports that proclaim some sort of alleged outrages based upon few facts that later become holy writ.

For example: Poor Ms Huang wasn't indicted by a grand jury, convicted in federal court, or lost her appeal and was denied a writ of certiorari by the U.S. Supreme Court for just importing lobsters but for "conspiracy, smuggling, money laundering, and Lacey Act violations in connection with the importation, sale, and purchase of Caribbean spiny lobsters from Honduras."

http://www.uniset.ca/other/cs3/331F3d1228.html

As for my sense of justice? I when I see or hear of an injustice based upon facts and not some "anti-government" screed whether that screed comes from the left or the right.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:25 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
For a different perspective, those inclined to not take conspiracy theories at face value, take a look at the reviews in the order of fewest to greatest stars.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:31 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,024,945 times
Quote:
Each one of what felonies? And what is this lobster crap you keep talking about? What does the fact that some women was apparently convicted and put away for a felony involving lobsters have to do with the OP's claim that the average American commits 3 felons every single day?

My grandfather must be a criminal genius. Apparently he's been able to get away with about 100,000 felonies in his life.
You, too?

Read this page.

It is relevant because she was convicted of violating a foriegn law, which due to the Lacey Act makes every American responsible for knowing foriegn laws and to avoid violating them.

Are you 100% sure that you did not violate a foriegn law yesterday? If not, then you just might have committed a felony.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:33 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,213,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
Let me guess, a convicted felon = bad person in your book?

And you're a good person, so it's impossible to conceive you will be convicted of a felony?

In general, a convicted felon is more honest and more moral than the government.
I've never been to prison so I don't really know a lot of felons. Average American will not get locked up, the ones who constantly worry about getting arrested are the ones who are breaking laws left and right.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:38 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,024,945 times
Quote:

I can assure you I committed no felonies today, .
The day is young.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies