Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 07:47 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Please tell me where it says hand guns will be banned.

Also tell me if you agree that stinger missiles and rocket launchers should be banned or not (as this bill proposes) ?

read the witches bill to get more insight. certain firearms that are considered pistols are named. also magazines are listed. reead up on the 2nd Amendment as well, stinger missles and rocket launchers are not for the individual citizen.

guess you didnt know that.

to me any laws at all against any Amendment in the Bill of Rights is unconstitutional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 07:50 AM

2,468 posts, read 1,919,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
read the witches bill to get more insight. certain firearms that are considered pistols are named. also magazines are listed. reead up on the 2nd Amendment as well, stinger missles and rocket launchers are not for the individual citizen.

guess you didnt know that.

to me any laws at all against any Amendment in the Bill of Rights is unconstitutional.
Banning handguns with more than 10 rounds? Yea I am all for it.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:53 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
The Senator continues to point out that she witnessed two shootings in one incident as justification for the proposed legislation. What she does not say and nobody points out, is that the crime she witnessed was committed with a revolver, and the gunman simply reloaded and fired more rounds. Her proposed legislation is completely irrelevant to the crime she witnessed.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:54 AM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Banning handguns with more than 10 rounds? Yea I am all for it.
And, as in CA it does nothing about the current millions of hi cap mags already in existence. Or semi-auto rifles.

It's become a battle over an object. Even if passed it wouldn't prohibit me from buying a 10 round semi-auto. That gun would still accept my grandfathered hi-cap mags.

What exactly is this ban going to do?

Old 01-25-2013, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
The Senator continues to point out that she witnessed two shootings in one incident as justification for the proposed legislation. What she does not say and nobody points out, is that the crime she witnessed was committed with a revolver, and the gunman simply reloaded and fired more rounds. Her proposed legislation is completely irrelevant to the crime she witnessed.

feinstein also forgets to add that she used to have one of the few CCW's in the whole san fransisco area.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:02 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
feinstein also forgets to add that she used to have one of the few CCW's in the whole san fransisco area.
Indeed; and she's now surrounded by people with "assault" weapons to keep her safe.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Indeed; and she's now surrounded by people with "assault" weapons to keep her safe.

yep, if congress actually moves to ban misnamed lookalike assault rifles, then all politicians except for the potus does not get any kind of security for themselves. no government or private security. nothing, nada.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:23 AM

1,137 posts, read 972,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Good for her, but the power has to come from the Amer people. Congress is still too afraid of the gunners. What the gun industry knows is that the assault weapon ban impacted gun sales, that's what is most important to them. That is why the army of NRA operatives ^^, are working so hard to enlist more "soldiers" to to carry their nonsense message. They are losing that battle.
250,000 new members in a month is losing the battle?

Not hardly

Old 01-25-2013, 08:27 AM

490 posts, read 650,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
The people will ignore the old bat and the dolt in the White House. Both dolts if you include Biden, I guess I should say.
As usual conservatives underestimate the big picture and resort to name calling.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:34 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
As much as the cable media tries to persuade me, I do not see guns as a red vs blue issue. Too many people on both sides have guns for there to be meaningful change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies