Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 08:20 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The women could have chosen to terminate their contract with the electric company. No electricity, no meter needed.
That's pretty hard to do when the government (or it's cronies) own the service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 08:23 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
My meter runs fine right now and there is no need for a "smart meter" on my house. Especially nice is that my wife who sleeps pretty near our meter doesn't have any of those problems listed in the link.
You don't own that meter. The electric company can change it anytime they choose, they own the meter.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:25 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,001,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caughtinaweb View Post
Let's see. Invading privacy and violating civil rights in the name of public safety....sounds about right. Ignoring possible health concerns to pass their agenda. Yep, these ladies need to sue the crap out of the city.
And, just how far do you honestly think you'll get without a full-blown revolution behind you??????

No, revolution is not the answer, but I suggest you get some different people in office. And, they had better be people that currently do not have any political connections. Another words, anyone but a politician would be a far better choice. Of course, either way, it's still a type of revolution. But, neither one is going to happen until they get bold enough to step on EVERYBODY'S TOES.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:26 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
When they bring those things around my tiny town I wonder if they will pay me because we keep our house at 68 in winter and 72 in summer. That cuts down on electricity a bunch but we don't do it to help the electric company or to make the UN and Agenda 21 happy. We do it to save money. Of course, we have electric everything and do manage to use some of it for all those things.
How does keeping your house that hot in the winter and that cool in the summer "cut down on electricity a bunch"?

Old 01-25-2013, 08:26 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
That's pretty hard to do when the government (or it's cronies) own the service.
Funny, I canceled several electric company contracts. Every time I have moved I have stopped service, the government didn't force me to keep the service.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:32 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
I wonder if they will pay me because we keep our house at 68 in winter and 72 in summer.
You want the government to pay you money?

Congratulations! Between that and those social security checks you collect every month you are officially a part of the 47%. Make sure to call your congressman and let him know.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:44 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
They are also concerned on having the government control their energy. If you use too much a day or at certain times of the day they can turn it off from outside your home. From the grid.

They are also concerned about privacy in all areas. On the web if you google anything it's recorded and cookies are put on your computer that follows you. Then advertisers can send you their ads but we already know that. Just look at the ads you see, it's tailored to your interests.

Google keeps a record of what you search. If you want some privacy you can do your searches from the site--- www.startpage.com they will go to Google for you and then pass on the info to you. They will be the go between so Google does not know it was you then startpage will delete the info after sending it to you.

Seems the government wants to know all about us, it can be creepy.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:54 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Go ahead and say something about what I said and the video said about Agenda 21 and those meters. Maybe you would like to mention all the physical problems that were mentioned in that video, just for kicks. You did not watch the video and we both know it.
Ehm - you linked to blog post, not a video. So in a sense, I suppose, you're correct.

The "physical problems" have never, not once, been replicated in double blind tests. I consider them quite on par with dowsing or using a pendulum or crystal therapy.

As for the Agenda 21 speculation, well - it's kinda silly. So your meter is suddenly going to take control of your thermostat without your knowledge - how?

Old 01-25-2013, 09:08 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
What happens when the government, no matter what level, begins to measure what we use and tells us that we don't need that much and cuts down what we can use? I said in an earlier post that we keep our house at 68 degrees in winter and about 70 in summer. How much credit will we get for using less than most people do? Nothing, you say? That is just what I thought.
You're right. Nothing.

[what do you want - a cookie?]

Old 01-25-2013, 09:15 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
I don't like all those cookies on my computer, it messes it up. I try to delete them everytime I log off. It's just smart to keep your computer up to date and try to keep advertizers off your screen, get rid of all the spam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies