Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 06:47 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,472,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
So you're perfectly fine with handing over the security of this country to a UN Peaceforce?
What UN "Peaceforce?" In case you had not noticed, the UN has no "peaceforce" or military force of any kind. They are 100% dependent upon the military of their member nations to enforce UN Covenants. The very same military the UN wants to abolish.

The UN has absolutely no authority to implement anything they concoct. It requires their member nations to be complicit with their schemes, and it requires their member nations to enforce those schemes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 06:48 PM

1,369 posts, read 2,276,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Its only true in the minds of the gun-toting right.
Speaking as a member in good standing of the vast right wing conspiracy and a gun owner I would like to say I don't believe it to be true at all.

(welcome to my ignore list)

Old 01-27-2013, 06:53 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,472,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
New Orleans, Katrina....hello?
It was local law enforcement that illegally confiscated firearms from civilians in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. Furthermore, New Orleans was sued over those illegally confiscated firearms and they were required by the court to return every one of those firearms.
"City officials have agreed to return hundreds of firearms that police officers confiscated in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, part of a deal to resolve a lawsuit filed by gun lobbying groups." -- NRA to settle suit over Katrina gun seizures - USATODAY.com

Old 01-27-2013, 07:08 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,646,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Could the reason be was because it was a national disaster area, which was an abnormality?
Indeed. And as it has been said, never let a good crisis go to waste. I suppose, the only reason this weapons confiscation is not being cheered az loudly, by our lefty hoplophobic, freinds, is because this was W's debacle. Wouldn't want to give him credit for furthering a leftist agenda. Lmao.
Had it been O at the helm, the gun grabbing would have had a cheer squad, and there certainly wouldnt be any denying of door kicking by federal troops. Such would have been lauded, az good and proper.
I am quite surprised, actually, that the firearmsphobics have been denying the misconduct of the troops in NO . Seems a prime blame it on Bush opportunity. Bwahahaha ....

Old 01-27-2013, 08:56 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,301,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
When did raving insanity become a mainstream political position?
I will have to admit that you just got the better of me since I don't understand your words.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
He makes Glenn Beck look almost normal.

Then again, this carp sells and that's what it's all about. $$$$
And the last time you heard Glen Beck with your own ears was when? I bet you use the words of the leaner leader to talk like that.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
So, who says it is made up? You and the other anti-gun nuts who don't seem to even live in reality.
Old crone doesn't know any more about that video than any of the other leaners who didn't watch it. They make all those deflectionary noises but never manage to discuss anything from the videos. That tells me way too much about what they are doing.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8WytRvn View Post
I know all I need to know about Alex Jones to make an informed decision not to waste my time giving him a minutes worth of credibility, it's not like he just appeared on the conspiracy scene yesterday.
But just think of what you may learn from him if you listened and then did some research to prove he was right or wrong. You are listening to the leaner leaders too much of the time and letting them make up your mind for you.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
What part of the New Orleans Police Chief declaring that all guns will be confiscated, and the video and news reports of guns actually being confiscated by US Regular Military and National Guard do some of you mentally deficient, drooling brain dead nitwits mistake as a conspiracy theory?

I swear, the level of stupidity in some of these responses is beyond any definition.
THEY can't understand so many things because they don't read or hear them. I have been dealing with leaners for over 10 years now and they never seem to want to see or hear things that they don't want to hear. I have accused many of them of using built in shields above their heads to keep unwanted information from entering. I did that before any of their bloggers got wound out about tin foil hats. Maybe they got that from me and some of the old guys who have died or just quit this crap to avoid them.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
You mean legal gun owners who are exercising constitutional rights
Too many of THEM don't realize that there is a huge number of liberals who own guns and don't want to give them up, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies