Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 11:39 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,124,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
If I'm missing a chance to work with people like you I guess I just have another blessing to count, eh?
You could be giving up a lucrative career...I had a perfect position that you would fit in nicely....Gopher!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 11:58 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,745,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
RICE!!!???? The EPA is not having any of that, they are hell bend on punishing companies, municipalities and electric coops who use those generators for peak loading offsets or for other reasons.

All the EPA has been doing is increasing the costs of energy with no regard to what it will cost, or how it harms the economy or affects jobs during "the worst economy since the Great Depression."
While I agree they (EPA) are makeing it more expensive to run IC engines, we still run a large number of them and are installing more.. Currently adding oxycats to 60 engines to meet MACT Z requirements and both our new plants will have SCR/OXYCATS.... Of course the added costs will eventually trikle down to our member communities ......

Old 01-28-2013, 12:02 PM

68,352 posts, read 54,513,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
You could be giving up a lucrative career...I had a perfect position that you would fit in nicely....Gopher!!!
Seeing as you continue to refer to me as your buddy, I know you're a seriously deranged individual with little contact with reality other than your delusions. I would guess the real lucrative careers here are enjoyed by your pharmacist and/or dealer.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:06 PM

68,352 posts, read 54,513,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
EPA has become a weapon which is wielded by big government to extract fine revenue and discourage domestic industry.
another leech on an a tired blood drained host.
when the host dies the parasites die too.
45% of americans work the rest wait to be fed.
EPA is against any more americans going to work.
So, you'd let industry be self-regulated?

When it's a choice say between the free dumping of PCBs in the river or $$$ for safe disposable, you think they'd choose which?

Old 01-28-2013, 12:23 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,868,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
I'm sure most of the left wing fanatics would like us all to live with only horse and buggy power...
No, we want to progress to the new technologies that are cost effective and environmentally friendly.

If the right wing were given their way, we would still be burning leaded gasoline in our cars.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:25 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,868,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Those massive wind farms in West Texas didn't do diddly to help out the state's power grid during the terrible drought of the past two summers - when we needed it the most.

The wind DIDN'T blow during the critical peak months!

Perhaps if the wind farms would be located in Austin & Washington DC to capture the constant hot air blowing out of them..... lol

I for one would love to see all our coal-fired plants converted to natural gas.
You don't see a climate problem with using power sources that create CO2 emissions?

Old 01-28-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
No, we want to progress to the new technologies that are cost effective and environmentally friendly.

If the right wing were given their way, we would still be burning leaded gasoline in our cars.
Yea..just like Obama's Green energy boondoggle investments...I'm impressed...

Old 01-28-2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Seeing as you continue to refer to me as your buddy, I know you're a seriously deranged individual with little contact with reality other than your delusions. I would guess the real lucrative careers here are enjoyed by your pharmacist and/or dealer.
Well...my buddy..if thats true...you better watch out when Obamacare is fully implemented...I have a strange feeling medications will be rationed...And if that happens "MY BUDDY" I'll be right next to you holding AK-47

Old 01-28-2013, 01:00 PM

25,862 posts, read 16,574,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I wonder how much is truth and how much whining blather? Is it they can't or don't want to?

It's exactly what the auro industry said when emission control standards were enacted yet here we are with engines better, cleaner, and longer lived than ever.
We don't seem to be having a problem in Minnesota with complying with the newest EPA standards but we have been preparing for them for the last 10 years and now lead the nation in clean power and our rates have gone up very little.

Yes, DEMOCRATIC leadership that doesn't fight every regulation but WORKS with them.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:14 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,978,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
EPA has become a weapon which is wielded by big government to extract fine revenue and discourage domestic industry.
another leech on an a tired blood drained host.
when the host dies the parasites die too.
45% of americans work the rest wait to be fed.
EPA is against any more americans going to work.
That's just mindless nonsense. Environmental decisions are weighed by cost/benefit analysis. It is often in the best interest of the public at large to add costs to industry instead of subjecting the public to dangerous hazards -- like cancer causing chemicals dumped into the air by a factory.

to conclude that the purpose of these regulations is to discourage domestic industry has no factual support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies