Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 10:47 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
In most cases yes...... most girls have a pimp and drugs are used as a form of coercion. Many of the "massage" parlors in big and small cities consist of underage girls from abroad who are forced into that lifestyle to service degenerate loser men who lack self control. Very few girls choose the lifestyle of prostitution. It is often, at best, the last resort for someone to sell themselves to someone

There are many logical reasons why it should never be legalized and never will be here
While your comment may be true, I went to college in which a group would, during break, go to Vegas to earn money in this way to pay tuition. Probably, this was a better idea than graduating neck deep in debt and not getting a good job after graduation, though I wouldn't do it. I think it's scary to see normal, clean cut kids, doing this, personally. Who knows what could have happened to them?

I once was sent on a convention by my company. I met another woman there from the South. She was married with a couple of kids and a Sunday School teacher. After spending some time seeing sights together we ended up in the bar of our hotel. Two fat old guys came over to us. I opted to leave. She insisted that she was safe being left alone with the creeps. I don't know for sure what her game was, but boy, was I shocked.

These were all decent, presentable, women who were educated and did not use excessive profanity and dressed presentably. So, although prostitution was not a chosen lifestyle, it sure was on their list of choices of things to do.

Frankly, even if prostitution were legalized, which I think it should be, these women would never register as such. The college students had their parents and their future careers to consider and the Sunday School teacher had her status in the community and job and marriage

Last edited by goldengrain; 01-29-2013 at 10:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 10:48 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
The article abolut the Girl Who Got Away- a Hero, does not seem to do justice to the topic.

Maybe I watched Liam Neeson in "Taken" too many times and my perception of human trafficking has become jaded. I don't equate this 18 year old's story with human trafficking. I don't track how once day your a high school kid with dreams of college working a part time job in a diner and the next day you run off with a guy and get talked into stripping in a club. The kid sounds naive and impressionable- typical for the age. Nothing suggests force. She was allowed to return home and did.

She had a home to return to, a family who cared and apparently told her parents the truth.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:50 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,667,875 times
The ABC article from Salt Lake City argues my point. It states, "The Utah Attorney General SECURE Strike Force, local police, and federal agents busted four men who allegedly used underage girls to perform sex acts at local massage parlors." The system worked. The place was busted and the people responsible were arrested.

What more do you want done?

The second site you posted is from the International Pentecostal Holiness Church. There is no evidence that this story is true. Stories like this are used to solicit donations from gullible people.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:54 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
In most cases yes...... most girls have a pimp and drugs are used as a form of coercion. Many of the "massage" parlors in big and small cities consist of underage girls from abroad who are forced into that lifestyle to service degenerate loser men who lack self control. Very few girls choose the lifestyle of prostitution. It is often, at best, the last resort for someone to sell themselves to someone

There are many logical reasons why it should never be legalized and never will be here
They busted such a ring less than 2 miles from my house a couple years back. Chinese sex slaves.

If I recall correctly, the people running the ring were facing the death penalty which is fine with me.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:57 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,075,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
The ABC article from Salt Lake City argues my point. It states, "The Utah Attorney General SECURE Strike Force, local police, and federal agents busted four men who allegedly used underage girls to perform sex acts at local massage parlors." The system worked. The place was busted and the people responsible were arrested.

What more do you want done?

The second site you posted is from the International Pentecostal Holiness Church. There is no evidence that this story is true. Stories like this are used to solicit donations from gullible people.
There is nothing more that can be done except to maybe police the internet more. I can talk with you because you are sensible unlike a few of the "men" with agendas

Old 01-29-2013, 10:57 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,822,090 times
Quote:
Its only insane because you are not using any logic in your arguments. There is a need to keep certain things illegal because it benefits the greater good. You can't have a TOTALLY free society, that would be anarchy

It is not just a moral issue, I am looking at it from a human rights issue.
That is nonsense. There are ZERO human rights abuses in the legalized brothels in Nevada because the people involved are free to choose whether or not they either become a prostitute or seek to engage in free exchange with someone who is a prostitute. It is called the free market. The ONLY problem is YOU do not approve of the choices these grown adults are making, therefore you want to impose YOUR beliefs, values and morality upon everyone who would willingly participate in the business.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
They busted such a ring less than 2 miles from my house a couple years back. Chinese sex slaves.

If I recall correctly, the people running the ring were facing the death penalty which is fine with me.
That sounds like an appropriate punishment

Old 01-29-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
That is nonsense. There are ZERO human rights abuses in the legalized brothels in Nevada because the people involved are free to choose whether or not they either become a prostitute or seek to engage in free exchange with someone who is a prostitute. It is called the free market. The ONLY problem is YOU do not approve of the choices these grown adults are making, therefore you want to impose YOUR beliefs, values and morality upon everyone who would willingly participate in the business.
It is not just my beliefs.... most people feel this way

The women in Nevada have most of their lives controlled. There is a reason why almost m=no woman chooses this lifestyle unless desperate or drug addicted. It does not change the fact that it is not a victimless activity.

You can't have a completely free market in a civilized society. You speak of grownups? Well a "man" who cheats on his wife with some ho is a loser, not a grownup

Stop imposing your morals (or lack of) on the rest of us here

Old 01-29-2013, 11:03 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,822,090 times
Quote:
It is not just my beliefs.... most people feel this way

The women in Nevada have most of their lives controlled. There is a reason why almost m=no woman chooses this lifestyle unless desperate or drug addicted. It does not change the fact that it is not a victimless activity.

You can't have a completely free market in a civilized society. You speak of grownups? Well a "man" who cheats on his wife with some ho is a loser, not a grownup

Stop imposing your morals (or lack of) on the rest of us here
All I keep hearing is your obvious hatred for men. You really need psychological help.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
All I keep hearing is your obvious hatred for men. You really need psychological help.
You need psychological help if you defend adulterers and if you yourself don't have the self control to keep it in your pants

I am a man, more of one than you will ever be, and I respect women, unlike you who seems to think of them as property and something to stick your "thing" in
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies