Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 01:44 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
The girl was 15, even if open carry was allowed, she wouldn't be eligible, unless you want to change that also.
What the hell does open carry have to do with this? Even if she did have open carry, she would not have been able to react to a drive-by shooting - she would still be dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Hey, if it saves one child's life shouldn't they just kick doors in and rifle (pun intended) through their homes looking for illegal weapons? How about allowing the cops to pull drive-by's on the gangs themselves? It's for the children after all!
I'm sure Biden would agree, even if just one life was saved, it would be worth doing.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:48 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,213,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Elaborate for us, what gun laws were changed to make it "less restrictive?".

I ask because I think i know where you are going with this, and if I'm correct, you are being deceptive and disingenuous.
Supreme court overturned Chicago's hand gun ban in 2010

U.S. Supreme Court: Chicago's gun ban struck down - UPI.com

Old 01-30-2013, 01:51 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
Current gun laws in Chicago are less restrictive then they were 10 years ago, yet the homicide rate continues to climb.
Has it come across your mind that maybe, just maybe gun isn't the problem?

Old 01-30-2013, 01:52 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,213,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Has it come across your mind that maybe, just maybe gun isn't the problem?
Not the problem, nor the solution.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:53 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
Not the problem, nor the solution.
Then why are we focusing on guns? Let's focus on things that are truly relevant.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:55 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,169,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Then why are we focusing on guns? Let's focus on things that are truly relevant.
If you have an automobile that is continually causing accidents or death, you're going to take a look at that make & model & possibly recall it, are you not? Same simple logic applies.

18,782 posts, read 17,369,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
No, it doesn't.

The most ironic thing about this, is that they adamantly argue, when talking about F&F, that if not for the guns, that agent wouldn't have been killed. Notice the "but he could have been killed some other way" argument never comes up. Oh, no.
If not for the fact that those guns "walked" from the U.S. to Mexico, that poor man would be alive today.

But somehow, when we are talking about American children, it's not the guns.

Do you think that it occurs to them that we saw through that hypocrisy months ago which is why their chest-beating over F&F wasn't taken seriously?

Some serious cognitive dissonance here folks.
The cognitive dissonance cuts both ways, though. You can't blame the NRA for murders on the grounds that they have made guns so easily accessible, then turn around and exonerate the BATF for gun murders by Mex drug gangs to whom the BATF shipped guns.

Personally I was careful not to fall into this trap during the debate. It is doubtless true that if F&F had never existed, the Mex drug gangs would have simply looked elsewhere for a supply of weapons. My issue with F&F was all the lies that came out of the BATF, and the fact that they never did offer a plausible explanation as to why the op was conducted. After all these people are supposedly working for us (I know, I know...height of naivete).

Quote:
Supreme court overturned Chicago's hand gun ban in 2010

U.S. Supreme Court: Chicago's gun ban struck down - UPI.com
The high court extended its 2008 ruling in Heller vs. United States, which allowed residents in Washington, a federal enclave, to have guns for self-defense in their homes.

Exactly where I thought you were going.

This law has nothing whatsoever to do with this girl's death, nor would it have prevented her death.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
If you have an automobile that is continually causing accidents or death, you're going to take a look at that make & model & possibly recall it, are you not? Same simple logic applies.
Wrong!!!

If the accidents those cars are involved in are because criminals are using them to flee from bank robberies and other crime scenes, you would not blame the car or recall it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies