Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should gays and lesbians be allowed to have children?
Yes 111 79.29%
No 27 19.29%
Unsure 2 1.43%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 05:55 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I don't care.

Just don't get angry when that child is picked on for having two mommy's or two daddy's.

Don't be offended when your children have trouble making friends.
And don't be surprised when most of the other kids laugh and tell those little bigots who's parents have taught them to hate to pull their heads in and grow up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2013, 05:58 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,850,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SETI_listener View Post
It's because mommy(s) or daddy(s) don't need to have sexual orientations tagged on. Drawing attention to fetishist sexual behavior by tagging gay or lesbian on every single thing you do grosses enough people out to be cold to the whole idea. I'm saying, leave the title out and live a lie if you must have children. What is so hard about taking off your activist shoes to raise a child? Why do we all have to accept the activity and not the person?
Its you that's drawing attention to sexual behavior. It wasn't a part of the original question and isn't relevant to it.

Its like my previous post - should left-handed people have children? The sexual activity involved isn't relevant to the question at all.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:01 AM

Quote:
It's because mommy(s) or daddy(s) don't need to have sexual orientations tagged on. Drawing attention to fetishist sexual behavior by tagging gay or lesbian on every single thing you do grosses enough people out to be cold to the whole idea. I'm saying, leave the title out and live a lie if you must have children. What is so hard about taking off your activist shoes to raise a child? Why do we all have to accept the activity and not the person?
You're the one obsessed with sex.

Perhaps if you stopped thinking about it so much you might actually see gay and lesbian people as....just people.

Spoiler

Instead of searching for Extra-terrestrial intelligence, try searching for some closer to home.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:03 AM

389 posts, read 616,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
What a bizarre and intrusive question.

Got any others? How about people above or below a certain IQ? Should they be allowed to have children? Or left-handed people... How about them? People of certain ethnic or racial backgrounds? People with disabilities? People living near earthquake or flood zones? People who didn't finish high school or college? Vegetarians? People with tattoos? Veterans?

What about them?

I could go on but it would just get sillier and sillier.
Touchy subject of sex and children, society kinda frowns on those two words so close together, but "Gays" and "Lesbians" want to define themselves over what goes on behind closed doors AND have children in that same home.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:04 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
I don't have any sexual activity in front of my children. So my sexual activities have nothing to do with my parenting activities.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Touchy subject of sex and children, society kinda frowns on those two words so close together, but "Gays" and "Lesbians" want to define themselves over what goes on behind closed doors AND have children in that same home.
No, you're the one defining people by what 'goes on behind closed doors.'

And your attempt to link gay and lesbian people with child sexual abuse is just disgusting as well as ignorant.
"In over 12 years of clinical experience working with child molesters, we have yet to see any example of a regression from an adult homosexual orientation. The child offender who is also attracted to and engaged in adult sexual relationships is heterosexual. It appears, therefore, that the adult heterosexual male constitutes a greater sexual risk to underage children than does the adult homosexual male."

“The belief that homosexuals are particularly attracted to children is completely unsupported by our data.â€

(Groth and Birnbaum, “Adult Sexual Orientation and Attraction to Underage Persons.â€)

Old 02-01-2013, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
No, you're the one defining people by what 'goes on behind closed doors.'

And your attempt to link gay and lesbian people with child sexual abuse is just disgusting as well as ignorant.
Not at all, sorry to make the closed door/same home link, I didn't mean it that way. I'm saying whats so hard about not introducing your family like: "we're gay, this is our kid." That is what links sex too close to the home. All the nasty activists have turned the term gay and lesbian sour to a lot of people. Drop those definitions and raise all the children in loving homes you will likely provide

Old 02-01-2013, 06:13 AM

Quote:
How is living with the person I love, having a life together, and planning for our future defining myself by what goes on behind closed doors? Don't heterosexual parents have sex? Are you concerned that they have children in the house when they might be doing something behind closed doors?

Why are you focusing on an activity that no one sees, and takes up a tiny fraction of day to day life?
We get up with the alarm, cook breakfast, go to work, help with homework, do the PTA, shuttle kids to sports, go to the park, go shopping, play games, do yard work, paint the house, do the dishes, go out to eat, have birthday parties, laugh, cry, work to overcome problems, etc just like any other family.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Not at all, sorry to make the closed door/same home link, I didn't mean it that way. I'm saying whats so hard about not introducing your family like: "we're gay, this is our kid." That is what links sex too close to the home. All the nasty activists have turned the term gay and lesbian sour to a lot of people. Drop those definitions and raise all the children in loving homes you will likely provide
I don't introduce myself "Hi I'm gay" I introduce myself " Hi I'm Jen, and this is my wife _____, and these are our children ____, ______, and _______."

Old 02-01-2013, 06:18 AM

To everyone else, this is what comes to mind the second we hear "gay" or "lesbian." Video is disgusting and gave me nightmares (wish my Americans for Truth site didn't link it),
Anti-Gay Demonstration Against Folsom Street Fair - YouTube

Last edited by SETI_listener; 02-01-2013 at 06:20 AM.. Reason: removed imbedded, too gross
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies