Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2013, 10:02 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,735,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Wouldn't you really be better of just getting the hell out of there?
Here's how gun fondlers think it will work for them:

Perp walks up to the house he's going to rob. He makes lots of noise and wakes up the gun fondler who lives in the house, who then jumps up in his pajamas, tells his wife and kids (if he has any, after driving them frikkin' nuts with his gun fondling) and tells them to hide in the basement as he grabs his gun. The perp then makes a lot of noise breaking in (hopefully a window), and the gun fondler takes aim at the window and shoots him dead. VOILA! See how easy it is for gun fondlers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 10:08 AM

147 posts, read 119,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post

Perp walks up to the house he's going to rob. He makes lots of noise and wakes up the gun fondler who lives in the house, who then jumps up in his pajamas, tells his wife and kids (if he has any, after driving them frikkin' nuts with his gun fondling) and tells them to hide in the basement as he grabs his gun. The perp then makes a lot of noise breaking in (hopefully a window), and the gun fondler takes aim at the window and shoots him dead. VOILA! See how easy it is for gun fondlers?
Your post is too funny, but there have been family members killed that way too. Son forgot his keys, tried to get in through a window, and dad shot and killed him, so sad.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:08 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:

No, that is how anti gun idiots think because they say it so much it has to be true.....

But keep up the good work in showing just how ignorant the anti gun people are....

And you are going against all your previous asserations....Rapes always start off with a gun to the head and so do robberies....

Old 02-06-2013, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
No, that is how anti gun idiots think because they say it so much it has to be true.....
Oh yeah? Then how do you visualize you'll be the gun-fondling hero in a house invasion? I mean, I just KNOW you guys review this in your mind, with you guys always turning out to be the life-saving hero. What else, right?

Old 02-06-2013, 10:19 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Quote:
Oh yeah? Then how do you visualize you'll be the gun-fondling hero in a house invasion? I mean, I just KNOW you guys review this in your mind, with you guys always turning out to be the life-saving hero. What else, right?
It is funny. I know I had difficulty coming to grips with the fact my wooden Tommy Gun wasn't really protecting me from those Commies comin' down the street and it really couldn't shoot down Sputnik as it passed overhead. Hard lessons to learn but, I had to do it.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:24 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,588,653 times
Quote:

Without inserting crude remarks in response, I'll say that of course there are many ways things happen but the scenario that you mockingly suggest does occur as well:

COLUMBUS, GA - One Columbus homeowner took full advantage of his second amendment rights this morning.
Officials say he shot a man allegedly trying to break into his home on Woodland Drive around 2:30 this morning.
Columbus homeowner shoots alleged home invader - WLTZ 38 | Columbus Georgia Regional News & Community

A Des Moines man fired a shot as he watched an intruder stick his leg inside his basement window early Tuesday.
The incident was reported in the 200 block of East Hart Avenue in Des Moines about 4 a.m.
Read more: Man fires shot as intruder enters window | Local News - KCCI Home

STOCKTON, CA - A man suspected of trying to break into a home on the 300 block of Berkshire Ln. in Stockton on Sunday was shot by the homeowner while trying to enter the house.

Stockton police reports indicate the homeowner was awoken around 3:00 a.m. by strange noises at the property. Upon investigating, he saw 23-year-old Yobenrico Well coming in through his child's bedroom window.
Suspected intruder shot by Stockton homeowner while coming through child's window | news10.net

A Grand Prairie homeowner was on the phone with 911 operators when he shot a knife-wielding intruder who was later identified as a neighbor, police said.

It happened about 2:30 p.m. in the 2000 block of Clark Trail. The resident heard a side window shatter and armed himself with a .40 caliber handgun, police said.
Homeowner Shoots Intruder in Grand Prairie: Police | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

Old 02-06-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
It is funny. I know I had difficulty coming to grips with the fact my wooden Tommy Gun wasn't really protecting me from those Commies comin' down the street and it really couldn't shoot down Sputnik as it passed overhead. Hard lessons to learn but, I had to do it.
florida bob, I know exactly what you mean.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:26 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,349,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I`m unaware of anyone trying to restrict your right to buy a firearm.
Obama says assault weapons ban deserves a vote in Congress | Reuters

You are now.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:31 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,349,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Kickinit View Post
Not exactly, they're trying to restrict large capacity magazine and those often wrongly referred to assault rifles.

Let's face it, if one or two people invade a home, and the home owner has a 10 round magazine for protection, that's about enough, don't you think? Unless some people couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.
Why does a person need a 30 or more round magazine fully loaded for home protection? To spray bullets everywhere? That's nonsense.
We already have a 10 round magazine limit here in Mass. There's a bill currently in committee to reduce that to 7. WHEN there's another high profile shooting what will they want to do next? Set the limit at 5 or maybe 3? 2? 1? 0?

Statistically shots fired under stress hit their intended target about 35% of the time. It also usually takes more than one hit from a handgun to stop an attacker. You mention home invasion. What about out on the street?

Old 02-06-2013, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Without inserting crude remarks in response, I'll say that of course there are many ways things happen but the scenario that you mockingly suggest does occur as well:

COLUMBUS, GA - One Columbus homeowner took full advantage of his second amendment rights this morning.
Officials say he shot a man allegedly trying to break into his home on Woodland Drive around 2:30 this morning.
Columbus homeowner shoots alleged home invader - WLTZ 38 | Columbus Georgia Regional News & Community

A Des Moines man fired a shot as he watched an intruder stick his leg inside his basement window early Tuesday.
The incident was reported in the 200 block of East Hart Avenue in Des Moines about 4 a.m.
Read more: Man fires shot as intruder enters window | Local News - KCCI Home

STOCKTON, CA - A man suspected of trying to break into a home on the 300 block of Berkshire Ln. in Stockton on Sunday was shot by the homeowner while trying to enter the house.

Stockton police reports indicate the homeowner was awoken around 3:00 a.m. by strange noises at the property. Upon investigating, he saw 23-year-old Yobenrico Well coming in through his child's bedroom window.
Suspected intruder shot by Stockton homeowner while coming through child's window | news10.net

A Grand Prairie homeowner was on the phone with 911 operators when he shot a knife-wielding intruder who was later identified as a neighbor, police said.

It happened about 2:30 p.m. in the 2000 block of Clark Trail. The resident heard a side window shatter and armed himself with a .40 caliber handgun, police said.
Homeowner Shoots Intruder in Grand Prairie: Police | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

Oh yeah, that's exactly how it's going to work for all gun fondlers - no doubt about it! Hey, why aren't you posting cases in which mere wisdom has saved people from house invasion? I'll tell you why, because those don't sell newspapers or TV time, or online news time. And why aren't you posting cases in which people who owned guns were shot? Because stories reporting dead or injured from home invasions will never tell you if the persons shot owned guns or not. Same s___. You gun fondlers live and die by a notion that any potential situations will be perfect for you to shoot a perp, and perfectly handled by you, with your gun, as if it were a scene from a frikkin' movie.

I can start posting robberies and home invasions last month in my own town, or the city I previously lived in, in which the owners or people present ended up dead or injured, with no heroes shooting the perp.

But in daydreams things always work out perfectly for us, don't they? And there's nothing as satisfactory as a handful of stories in which a gun fondler WAS able to shoot somebody. They sell super well on TV and in newspapers. What doesn't sell is the ones that turn out bad. Those suck and no one wants to hear about them. In fact, they cause gun fondlers to move to the sticks and start building bunkers.

Dream on with your perfect future scenarios.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies