Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2013, 11:13 AM

32,820 posts, read 19,516,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
If you can't hit the home invader with the first 10 bullets
.... Wouldn't you really be better of just getting the hell out of there?
if you cant hit them.....you need a bigger spread with your shotgun
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 11:13 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,597,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Oh yeah, that's exactly how it's going to work for all gun fondlers - no doubt about it!.
Who ever said that? Nobody, it's just more of your vitriol.

Quote:
Hey, why aren't you posting cases in which mere wisdom has saved people from house invasion?
"Oh yeah, that's exactly how it's going to work for all"

Quote:
And why aren't you posting cases in which people who owned guns were shot? Because stories reporting dead or injured from home invasions will never tell you if the persons shot owned guns or not.
I didn't post those because that was not the topic.
Secondly, what difference does that make. In such cases, it would seem that the ownership of the gun was pretty much irrelevant. Are you suggesting that if they didn't have a gun in their closet that they would be okay?

Quote:
I can start posting robberies and home invasions last month in my own town, or the city I previously lived in, in which the owners or people present ended up dead or injured, with no heroes shooting the perp.
I bet they wish they had.

Quote:
But in daydreams things always work out perfectly for us, don't they?
In daydreams there would be no need to protect oneself, no car accidents, no need for insurance etc. Do you get upset about seat belts and motorcycle helmets because they don't always save people either or are you a selt belt fondler?

Quote:
And there's nothing as satisfactory as a handful of stories in which a gun fondler WAS able to shoot somebody.They sell super well on TV and in newspapers.
You seem pretty upset that I was quickly able to produce several stories that made you mocking post look silly.

Quote:
What doesn't sell is the ones that turn out bad. Those suck and no one wants to hear about them.
This might be one of the most ridiculous points I've ever seen? Do you watch the news or read the paper? It's full of bad stories.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:28 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,091,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
And you, sir/madam, are totally out of touch with the realities of today's home invasion violence, small business store robberies, and other WELL PLANNED attacks. All while you blithely assume that your local police, your local Law Enforcement Officers (LEOs), will RSVP ASAP, and save you. Unfortunately, they will tell you that..
Yes they are, but the goal is not to get embroiled in a running gun battle since the entire point of "planning" how to us the element of surprise to overwhelm the victim. You treat the whole scenario as if the victim is the target of some cartel hit squad who are willing to sustain loses in order to accomplish their objectives. That makes for great TV but has little basis in reality.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:40 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,356,466 times
Quote:
Here's how gun fondlers think it will work for them:

Perp walks up to the house he's going to rob. He makes lots of noise and wakes up the gun fondler who lives in the house, who then jumps up in his pajamas, tells his wife and kids (if he has any, after driving them frikkin' nuts with his gun fondling) and tells them to hide in the basement as he grabs his gun. The perp then makes a lot of noise breaking in (hopefully a window), and the gun fondler takes aim at the window and shoots him dead. VOILA! See how easy it is for gun fondlers?
Here's how moonbats who want to limit the rights of others based on their personal feelings think it will work for them:

Perp breaks in the house. Moonbat tells his wife and kids (if he has any since he's such a social misfit) to roll up in a ball, hide in the corner, and give the crooks anything they want. Moonbat then gets down on his hands and knees begging the perp to spare his life hoping that the cops will get there before anything can happen. Here's an example of how that sometimes works out:

Police Still Searching for Answers in Violent Home Invasion - Bedford, NH Patch

A friend of mine is neighbors with those people. The perp went Hanibal Lechter on the wife and she was seriously disfigured. She was found dead last month in what appears to be a suicide. Maybe she couldn't handle her new looks........

Old 02-06-2013, 11:41 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,592,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I'll say it again. It's ridiculous to think that the average citizen is going to effectively use a handgun or an assault rifle for home defense.

If you truly think you need a firearm to protect your home in the event of a home invasion you are much better off with a shotgun. It will compensate for the shaking you will be doing and the sound of it will scare the crap out of the intruder.

You have no clue about firearm or self-defense. I am sorry but it's true.

You don't know how hard to shoot a shotgun and how easy it is to shoot an AR15.

By the way, where can I get the assault rifle you were talking about? I thought they practically banned that in 1934.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:55 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,356,466 times
Quote:
I'll say it again. It's ridiculous to think that the average citizen is going to effectively use a handgun or an assault rifle for home defense.

If you truly think you need a firearm to protect your home in the event of a home invasion you are much better off with a shotgun. It will compensate for the shaking you will be doing and the sound of it will scare the crap out of the intruder.
The sound of a bolt slamming home on an AR-15 isn't exactly welcoming either. A woman that I know from my gun club is about 5'1" and probably weighs around 100 lbs. For her shooting a 12 gauge would be like getting hit in the shoulder with a sledge hammer. Her home defense gun is an AR-15. You clearly know nothing about guns.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:56 AM

1,469 posts, read 1,803,311 times
Default If you can't hit the home invader with the first 10 bullets....

Hit em with the next 20 bullets

Hope I solved the problem

Old 02-06-2013, 11:56 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,741,619 times
Quote:

Makes sense to me that noise would scare someone about to carry out a home robbery, and would think about it twice before going forward with it. The last thing someone about to carry out a home robbery wants is noise, people awake, voices, people dialing 911, neighbors waking up in a neighborhood in which everyone is home, etc., which is why robberies in homes are generally done when the people aren't there to begin with.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:58 AM

1,469 posts, read 1,803,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
if you cant hit them.....you need a bigger spread with your shotgun

Dang I forgot about the shotgun! No way one of those pellets don't enter a living being!

Old 02-06-2013, 12:07 PM

50,429 posts, read 47,155,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Why do you care what I do in my home? That is the question....

And why are you making the victim the problem?
That pretty much sums it up. It must suck to spend every waking moment worrying about what the neighbor next door is doing with that evil piece of steel behind that closed door. Talk about obsessive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies