Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2013, 02:36 PM

20,495 posts, read 12,420,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Hey, thank God you're not the law. Thank God you're a complete nobody. And now that you've contributed absolutely nothing but anger on here, run along and get back in your bunker.

LOL! Shows what you know. I dont carry. I aint mad at nobody.

However, I do not believe that criminals should be protected while in the act of committing a crime. period. And I live in Texas so the law is with me.

Now if you live in some progressive paradise you better serve tea and crumpits to the criminal who is robbing you.... good luck with all that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 02:50 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,745,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
LOL! Shows what you know. I dont carry. I aint mad at nobody.

However, I do not believe that criminals should be protected while in the act of committing a crime. period. And I live in Texas so the law is with me.

Now if you live in some progressive paradise you better serve tea and crumpits to the criminal who is robbing you.... good luck with all that.
Excuse me? You're declaring that all burglars need to be shot and you don't carry? You're here defending the gun fondlers, but you don't carry? You hold the same ideology as the gun fondlers, but you don't carry?

Excuse me for a moment:

AHAHAHAHA!

Thanks for letting me get that out of my system. Wow, there's no end to the gun fondlers' weirdness and comments.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:03 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,492,094 times
Quote:
While your situation was unorthodox, and no two situations are alike, it is a fact that burglars (except for the dumbest criminals and the druggies) will go looking for the easiest place to rob, NOT THE MOST DIFFICULT.
So anecdotal evidence is bad when it counters your argument but is okay when it supports it huh?

Do you know why the media has a field day when someone does a mass shooting? It's because they are rare...practically anecdotal when compared to the population!

Wanna know why there are no reports of citizens stopping a mass shooting...other than the fact that the media is biased against guns? It's because they have determined that a "mass" shooting is one in which there are at least four victims....so that eliminates every instance where an armed citizen stopped the shooter after only one or two victims...which is what happens most of the time. ...just like the Aurora CO church shooting last April.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:09 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,603,539 times
Quote:
Excuse me? You're declaring that all burglars need to be shot and you don't carry? You're here defending the gun fondlers, but you don't carry? You hold the same ideology as the gun fondlers, but you don't carry?

Excuse me for a moment:

AHAHAHAHA!

Thanks for letting me get that out of my system. Wow, there's no end to the gun fondlers' weirdness and comments.

That your daughter tortured, gang-raped and murdered is morally superior than she having a dead rapist at her feet and a smoking gun in her hand.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:24 PM

46,376 posts, read 27,204,962 times
Quote:
What don't you understand about burglars robbing homes where there is no one, and that the #1 thing that needs to be done is make sure burglars know there are people at home? What superior reasoning ability are you going to have to resort to, to understand that?

The burglary basics:
  • Make your home look occupied, and make it difficult to break in.
Burglary Prevention Tips
Why are you mad that I have for the millionth time proven you wrong, that people are home when a robber attempts to rob?

I gave you examples, yet you once again, you provide a statement, the you are unable to substantiate.

Why are you making the law abiding citizen, the problem? Why is that?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, that's right, I guess we need to add that all robberies are conducted when NOBODY is home and rapes happen with the gun already at the victims head....

But the first scenario goes directly against you stating that all robberies start with the gun already to the head of the victim?

Man, you really need to make up your mind....

Old 02-06-2013, 04:31 PM

46,376 posts, read 27,204,962 times
Quote:
Oh for chrissakes. There are exceptions to everything. For example, there are people that are cured from terminal cancer (unlikely but I saw 1 case). There are people who think that because their marriage failed, that all women are bad (unlikely that every woman is "bad.") There are people you become friendly with whom you started out the relationship as enemies (case in point - my best friend). There are exceptions to everything. However, the reason there are studies done, is because there are trends, there are higher likelihoods of certain things over others, and so on.

While your situation was unorthodox, and no two situations are alike, it is a fact that burglars (except for the dumbest criminals and the druggies) will go looking for the easiest place to rob, NOT THE MOST DIFFICULT.

As for my bf, he's an attorney.
You are contradicting yourself.....

If no 2 situations are a like then why are you talking in such a narrow corridor? How can you say anything you have? If no 2 situations are a like you have been wrong numerous times, especially about guns....

Old 02-06-2013, 05:08 PM

20,495 posts, read 12,420,141 times
Quote:

Excuse me for a moment:

AHAHAHAHA!

LOL! yea im the weird one. you are making sexually deviant remarks about guns but im weird...

well err.... uhm...

and yes. I do not carry. I own firearms but i dont not conceal carry. and Yes, I do not believe that people actively engaged in the commission of a crime deserve protection from the law. The Great State of Texas agrees with me. We call it the Castle Law. It is a great law.

And for the record, My ideology is that of liberty. I support all who stand for liberty

Old 02-06-2013, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
So anecdotal evidence is bad when it counters your argument but is okay when it supports it huh?

Do you know why the media has a field day when someone does a mass shooting? It's because they are rare...practically anecdotal when compared to the population!

Wanna know why there are no reports of citizens stopping a mass shooting...other than the fact that the media is biased against guns? It's because they have determined that a "mass" shooting is one in which there are at least four victims....so that eliminates every instance where an armed citizen stopped the shooter after only one or two victims...which is what happens most of the time. ...just like the Aurora CO church shooting last April.
You can spend all night telling me about exceptions. Fact is, burglars will rob the easiest place to rob. Unless they're mentally ill. A burglar with 2 neurons to rub together will want money and valuables fast and easy, not requiring lots of effort, tremendous risk, and ultimate capture. That's why they look for places where the family is off on vacation, or out at work, etc.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:39 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,603,539 times
Quote:
You can spend all night telling me about exceptions. Fact is, burglars will rob the easiest place to rob. Unless they're mentally ill. A burglar with 2 neurons to rub together will want money and valuables fast and easy, not requiring lots of effort, tremendous risk, and ultimate capture. That's why they look for places where the family is off on vacation, or out at work, etc.
You think way to high of them. If they are that smart, they would be doing something productive.

You also forget that a lot of them are drug addicts and most likely high during their crime.

Here's a nice article for you to enjoy. It's called "Frank Faizones Story"

Sanford Strong / At Home

Old 02-06-2013, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
LOL! yea im the weird one. you are making sexually deviant remarks about guns but im weird...

well err.... uhm...

and yes. I do not carry. I own firearms but i dont not conceal carry. and Yes, I do not believe that people actively engaged in the commission of a crime deserve protection from the law. The Great State of Texas agrees with me. We call it the Castle Law. It is a great law.

And for the record, My ideology is that of liberty. I support all who stand for liberty
Oh boy. So at least you're a gun fondler, just one that doesn't touch them as often. Fine.

And please, don't start with the typical bs about how patriotic you are, and how great an American are, and don't be telling me about your flag lapel pin, and yada yada, bs, bs. There's no bigger amount of crap than the continuous and false patriotic declarationa gun fondlers love to use. To prove something, no doubt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies