Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2013, 10:34 AM

46,332 posts, read 27,171,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Why should people want others packing heat? I'd have to be crazy to want the country armed and losing it whenever their moods strike, then turning into serial killers, mass killers, shooting their wife, their neighbor, whoever. This country is rife with gun killings, and before a person becomes a gun killer because he's pissed at somebody, he's just one happy-go-lucky gun owner. So you're right, I don't want people packing heat unless they have the emotional centers of their brains removed surgically.
Cause this happens on daily basis, right? ANd when you answer that, cannot add in the "thug" murders that happen on a daily basis....but keep believing the BS that you SPEW....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2013, 10:40 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,846,981 times
Default Number of bullets

If I could not stop a home invasion in 8 rounds I would grab the other gun and have my wife reload the first.

Some posters cannot accept the fact that the majority of gun owners are sane skilled people with the judgment to only shoot to eliminate the threat. These people also value the lives of their friends, family and themselves more than an armed intruder. Killing humans in self defense is not a sin or, in most places, a crime. Sometimes it is just a necessity.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:55 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,381,285 times
Quote:
Why should people want others packing heat? I'd have to be crazy to want the country armed and losing it whenever their moods strike, then turning into serial killers, mass killers, shooting their wife, their neighbor, whoever. This country is rife with gun killings, and before a person becomes a gun killer because he's pissed at somebody, he's just one happy-go-lucky gun owner. So you're right, I don't want people packing heat unless they have the emotional centers of their brains removed surgically.
What kind of bizarre fantasy world do you live in? The country IS armed. Every other house in the country has at least one gun, if not several. Your liberal gun hating fantasy about people going crazy simply isn't true. Fewer than 1:300,000,000 go crazy and do a mass shooting and no laws you can pass will stop them from killing.

Frankly it's disturbing how often you liberals fantasize about people going crazy with guns. Clearly people like you shouldn't own guns for the safety of your family and neighbors.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:11 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,918,623 times
Quote:
Are you familiar with the physiological term projection? Raging Against Self Defense: A psychiatrist Examines The Anti-Gun Mentality, By Sarah Thompson, M.D.

As I've mentioned in other posts responding to you, I carry daily. Outside of sports (football in particular), I have never intentionally inflicted physical pain on anyone. I've never been in a fight where there wasn't a helmet involved. On a down day, I don't think about hurting anyone. On an angry day, I don't think about hurting anyone. In fact, I'm held to a higher standard because I am armed. If someone on the street insults my wife, I can't escalate the incident. The law requires me to deescalate it.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:40 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,742,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Cause this happens on daily basis, right? ANd when you answer that, cannot add in the "thug" murders that happen on a daily basis....but keep believing the BS that you SPEW....
Oh, so because it hasn't happened to me I have an invalid reason? I don't think so. We have one of the highest per capita gun murder rates. The highest of the advanced nations. I don't want to wait around until the situation gets closer to home to express my opinion, which is that I don't want people armed, so that when they suddenly have a "little mood problem" they can shoot whoever the hell they want.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Are you familiar with the physiological term projection? Raging Against Self Defense: A psychiatrist Examines The Anti-Gun Mentality, By Sarah Thompson, M.D.

As I've mentioned in other posts responding to you, I carry daily. Outside of sports (football in particular), I have never intentionally inflicted physical pain on anyone. I've never been in a fight where there wasn't a helmet involved. On a down day, I don't think about hurting anyone. On an angry day, I don't think about hurting anyone. In fact, I'm held to a higher standard because I am armed. If someone on the street insults my wife, I can't escalate the incident. The law requires me to deescalate it.
Again, simply because YOU haven't, doesn't mean it hasn't happened. It already has, it already does, and it happens every single day in this country, at an alarming rate. When armed people have a little mood situation, there's their gun, waiting patiently to be used on the object of their wrath. I don't want to have to be psychic and mentally gauge just how much of a nutjob the gun owner might turn out to be if he gets angry, p_ssed off, or goes off the deep end in anger.

Besides, the whole discussion is ridiculous. The reason you have a gun is to protect yourself from other gun nutjobs. There's something really f'd up with this whole gun ownership thing.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:45 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,815,136 times

MRCOLIONNOIR

Old 03-11-2013, 02:46 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,836,913 times
Quote:
Oh, so because it hasn't happened to me I have an invalid reason? I don't think so. We have one of the highest per capita gun murder rates. The highest of the advanced nations. I don't want to wait around until the situation gets closer to home to express my opinion, which is that I don't want people armed, so that when they suddenly have a "little mood problem" they can shoot whoever the hell they want.
Love the logic, so banning all guns would stop criminals from getting them. That makes complete sense, obviously they wouldn't break all your new gun laws.

Here in reality, guns are used to protect family's from criminals. To protect women from rapists, seniors from home invaiders. I am responsible for my family's safety, you can choose to wait for the police, hope you don't get a busy signal when you call 911.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Love the logic, so banning all guns would stop criminals from getting them. That makes complete sense, obviously they wouldn't break all your new gun laws.

Here in reality, guns are used to protect family's from criminals. To protect women from rapists, seniors from home invaiders. I am responsible for my family's safety, you can choose to wait for the police, hope you don't get a busy signal when you call 911.
Oh I see. From "criminals." Love the way you limit your "protection" to that word - criminals. Never mind the nutjobs that shoot people every day, from their wives, to their kids, to coworkers, to friends, to people on the street, to someone who p_ssed them off, etc. But you keep your little gun to protect yourself ****ONLY**** against criminals. lol Lovely.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:49 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,836,913 times
Quote:
Again, simply because YOU haven't, doesn't mean it hasn't happened. It already has, it already does, and it happens every single day in this country, at an alarming rate. When armed people have a little mood situation, there's their gun, waiting patiently to be used on the object of their wrath. I don't want to have to be psychic and mentally gauge just how much of a nutjob the gun owner might turn out to be if he gets angry, p_ssed off, or goes off the deep end in anger.

Besides, the whole discussion is ridiculous. The reason you have a gun is to protect yourself from other gun nutjobs. There's something really f'd up with this whole gun ownership thing.
I have guns to protect myself and my family from criminals, not gun owners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies