Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2013, 02:50 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,830,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Oh I see. From "criminals." Love the way you limit your "protection" to that word - criminals. Never mind the nutjobs that shoot people every day, from their wives, to their kids, to coworkers, to friends, to people on the street, to someone who p_ssed them off, etc. But you keep your little gun to protect yourself ****ONLY**** against criminals. lol Lovely.
If someone shoots someone are they not a criminal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2013, 02:57 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,291,596 times
Quote:
Again, simply because YOU haven't, doesn't mean it hasn't happened. It already has, it already does, and it happens every single day in this country, at an alarming rate. When armed people have a little mood situation, there's their gun, waiting patiently to be used on the object of their wrath. I don't want to have to be psychic and mentally gauge just how much of a nutjob the gun owner might turn out to be if he gets angry, p_ssed off, or goes off the deep end in anger.

Besides, the whole discussion is ridiculous. The reason you have a gun is to protect yourself from other gun nutjobs. There's something really f'd up with this whole gun ownership thing.

No, the reason i carry is this; I am not a large, muscle builder type person. I have to sometimes go into bad areas. I've been attacked by 5 criminals with knives AT 1 time. Yes it hurt, and yes I still am paying on the hospital bill. I was lucky I survived but NO WAY IN HELL WILL I BE DEFENCELESS AGAIN !!! So all of you anti-gun people can go to hell as far as I am concerned because I will protect myself and you are helping the bad guys/gangs with your bull !!! And you can't always hit your attackers with just 10 shots and just because you hit 2 or 3 doesn't mean the rest won't still charge in to do their damage to you. Makes me wonder; are the anti-gun promoters really the bad guys, the bad guys lawyers, the P.R. people for the robbers and thieves, or just really that stupid ?

Old 03-11-2013, 03:02 PM

46,317 posts, read 27,139,668 times
Quote:
Oh I see. From "criminals." Love the way you limit your "protection" to that word - criminals. Never mind the nutjobs that shoot people every day, from their wives, to their kids, to coworkers, to friends, to people on the street, to someone who p_ssed them off, etc. But you keep your little gun to protect yourself ****ONLY**** against criminals. lol Lovely.

This is the 2nd time today I have asked you this: Does the bold happen everyday? When you answer that (which you won't) be sure you do NOT include the thug on thug shootings....

It's so sad that you have been brain washed to believe this is a daily occurrence, for families, dose it happens, sure.....but not nearly as much as you claim to state.....

So, I'm waiting for an honest answer, can you do that?

Old 03-11-2013, 03:05 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,738,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I have guns to protect myself and my family from criminals, not gun owners.
Oh yeah? LOL! And "criminals" (you wingies' favorite reason for gun ownership) don't have guns, eh? Come on, stop pretending. Gun crime in this country is out of control. OF COURSE YOU HAVE A GUN TO PROTECT YOURSELF AGAINST OTHERS WITH GUNS.

Old 03-11-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
this is the 2nd time today i have asked you this: Does the bold happen everyday? When you answer that (which you won't) be sure you do not include the thug on thug shootings....

It's so sad that you have been brain washed to believe this is a daily occurrence, for families, dose it happens, sure.....but not nearly as much as you claim to state.....

So, i'm waiting for an honest answer, can you do that?
yes, it happens every day. Every day someone shoots someone they know, someone they're pissed off at, someone they get angry with, someone they no longer like, someone they're simply unhappy with, or fear for whatever reason, or are trying to stop from doing something.

Old 03-11-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
No, the reason i carry is this; I am not a large, muscle builder type person. I have to sometimes go into bad areas. I've been attacked by 5 criminals with knives AT 1 time. Yes it hurt, and yes I still am paying on the hospital bill. I was lucky I survived but NO WAY IN HELL WILL I BE DEFENCELESS AGAIN !!! So all of you anti-gun people can go to hell as far as I am concerned because I will protect myself and you are helping the bad guys/gangs with your bull !!! And you can't always hit your attackers with just 10 shots and just because you hit 2 or 3 doesn't mean the rest won't still charge in to do their damage to you. Makes me wonder; are the anti-gun promoters really the bad guys, the bad guys lawyers, the P.R. people for the robbers and thieves, or just really that stupid ?
Well then, you have a gun for the same reason a Wells Fargo truck driver has a gun. You don't belong in the conversation.

Old 03-11-2013, 03:10 PM

57,333 posts, read 26,255,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I have guns to protect myself and my family from criminals, not gun owners.

It's not always criminals, just like the Riflemans Journal Host that was shot by a jealous husband, many of the killers are relatives, friends. A disagreement takes place and a gun is the weapon of convenience. Many have guns to protect their homes but they end up being used in other ways.

Old 03-11-2013, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Oh yeah? LOL! And "criminals" (you wingies' favorite reason for gun ownership) don't have guns, eh? Come on, stop pretending. Gun crime in this country is out of control. OF COURSE YOU HAVE A GUN TO PROTECT YOURSELF AGAINST OTHERS WITH GUNS.
I also have guns to protect myself against others with knives, bats, clubs, cross bows and fists as well.

Criminals will comit mayhem with any tool they can, why do you think criminals will turn into saintos once guns are outlawed?

Old 03-11-2013, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Well then, you have a gun for the same reason a Wells Fargo truck driver has a gun. You don't belong in the conversation.
What conversation is that? The one where everyone has an equal right to protect themselves? Or are some just more equal than others?

Old 03-11-2013, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
It's not always criminals, just like the Riflemans Journal Host that was shot by a jealous husband, many of the killers are relatives, friends. A disagreement takes place and a gun is the weapon of convenience. Many have guns to protect their homes but they end up being used in other ways.
What's your point? People hurt other people, sometimes they know them, sometimes they don't. I'll do whatever I reasonably can to increase my odds, which does not mean I am completely safe, just safer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies