Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2013, 09:51 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Look, I don't care if Albert Einstein was your uncle, and you had 7 degrees ... BS is BS, and if truth be told, none of that means a damned thing with regard to intelligence and legitimate knowledge. My experienced and educated opinion is that if one is not extremely careful to consciously maintain their intellectual independence, "higher" education can definitely have a "dumbing down" affect, because one can memorize false information just as easily as they might do so with truthful information. So who would be more "knowledgeable" .. the person who memorized a load of crap and got all 100 answers correct, or the one that memorized truthful information and got 95 out of 100 right? The hard cold reality is, what modern university education is all about these days represents little more than an extended memory exercise, measured and graded by one's ability to consume and regurgitate specific volumes of information accurately, which may or may not contain an iota of legitimacy or truth.

And, just to be clear, I am a University graduate (not some podunk bubba with a HSD). Even though I did not choose to make academics a career endeavor to collect as many certificates of reassurances of how smart I was, my IQ scored 148 (taken with a massive hangover and little more than 3 hours of sleep), and that puts me in the top 2%. Not that I find myself compelled to make such declarations a routine point of discussion ... I'm just mentioning it here in response to your delusions of intellectual superiority.

Furthermore, anyone at all familiar with the history of, or the world of psychiatry in general, who also possesses an IQ that has broken the two digit average, has already come to the realization that half of the psychiatric community are just as crazy and maniacal as the mental cases that come to them for help ... with the other half trailing not too far behind.

Additionally, I have reviewed the subject matter published in the mainstream journals (I've not run across any so-called right wing nut job journals personally), otherwise I wouldn't choose to comment on the content. And my review of the material was not isolated to the "conclusions" ... but also an analysis of the methodologies used and the data collected as the basis for some of those conclusions that I found PREPOSTEROUS ..... and guess what? Like most mainstream studies and the journals that publish them, it's obvious to a person of even marginal intelligence that the conclusions were already established beforehand, based on cursory review of such unscientific and illegitimate methodologies as accepting the claims of study participants as an establish fact .... i.e. ... of those participants asked, 98 % of the convicted felons residing in federal prisons "self identified" as not guilty. It doesn't take a rocket scientist, or several degrees to see the slight flaw in that approach, does it?

The fact is, across most disciplines, be it human social studies, medicine, psychiatry ... all rely heavily on studies and statistical analysis that are terminally flawed from the outset. And as a side note to illustrate what I'm talking about ... I dated and lived with a PhD who's focus of study involved statistical analysis, and this woman could mathematically show you a 17% probability that the Sun would not rise tomorrow! And it was a simple matter of slightly increasing the weighting of data collected from Arctic latitudes at certain times of the year ... in more plain, blunt terms ... Statistical Analysis should be renamed "Mathematical Human Delusions and Deliberate Deception Techniques", which supports the old axiom that "Figures lie, and liars figure".

But I won't take the coward's way out by refusing to address "your" specific points, as you have done relative to mine, even though what I am specifically addressing here is actually "regurgitated" crap that you chose to use as your response, which is only someone else's opinions that you decided to use as your own. That begs the question ... is that really why you paid all that money and spent all of that time to attain those degrees? Seems a complete waste, if you ask me .... you could have done this with a 6th grade education ...

First of all ... this is not a "fact" .. this is an opinion ... and as opinions go, this one is extremely "Orwellian" in nature .... the opinion is that people mistakenly confuse the child molester's demonstrated gender preference in victim selection as some indication of his sexual orientation ... how silly! Now, the reality, minus the Orwellian double think, gender preference is the singular factor which defines one's sexual orientation The unfortunate thing here is that anyone could consider this "opinion" as remotely rational, let alone mistake it for a "fact".

Whether or not a child molester has a history of adult sexual activity from which to assess adult orientation is totally irrelevant when the discussion point is molesting children ... totally irrelevant because we are not analyzing this perpetrators adult relations, or lack thereof. Does a 30 year old virgin not have a sexual orientation because she has decided to remain celibate? It's a preposterous and deliberate effort of diversion and obfuscation, pure and simple. The last segment insinuating that these predators demonstrate no preference is a deliberate lie .... the truth is, these predators absolutely do observe a consistent gender selection pattern ... those who target boys, target boys repeatedly and exclusively, and the same is true for perps who target girls. ALL OF THE DATA supports this conclusion.

I tell you, the crap just gets deeper and deeper as we go here .... setting aside the previous insinuations that the gender of the victims these child molesters consistently choose has no bearing at all in defining the perpetrators sexual orientation, we now have the claim "many" child molesters cannot be "meaningfully described" as homosexual, heterosexuals, or bisexuals. REALLY? So how many is "many" anyway? And by using the term "many", this certainly can be construed to mean "not all" ... so apparently some can, and many cannot ... but we have no real number suggested .... heck, 20 out of a thousand could be "many" .. 20 could indeed be considered many compared to none, or one. And then we have this rather ambiguous phrase "meaningfully described" ... is this author suggesting that there are descriptions which are not meaningful? Horse hockey ... all descriptions are meaningful .... but "meaningful" does not directly relate to accuracy or truthfulness.

Now, remember what I said about studies and opinions and data presented by the mainstream being based on predetermined conclusions? Well, we have now arrived at the moment of truth. By simple review of the delirious and delusional opinions and claims previously made, such as gender preference providing no indication of a persons sexual orientation (which is the complete opposite of reality and truth), we can understand the importance of establishing that nonsense as some form of truth, because the following politically motivated, predetermined conclusions absolutely rely on the acceptance of those lies in order to accept the conclusions as legitimate.

This is politically motivated, predetermined conclusion #1 .... accepting the previous nonsensical claims that males molesting other males (of any age) does not constitute homosexual conduct (stated as: "reflecting the results of these and other studies), the conclusion is that homosexuals pose no special threat to "children". Of course, it doesn't say 'homosexuals pose no special threat to male children " , but that;s just an added diversion. The real issue is the notion that male-male sexual conduct is not homosexual in nature is the BIG LIE that must first be accepted before this defunct, baseless and illogical conclusion can be accepted. And of course, this then supports politically motivated, predetermined conclusion #2 which is next:

This is the culmination of all that preceded it ... each idiotic claim and blatantly false contention made previously leads directly to this politically motivated, predetermined conclusion #2 with the obvious goal of removing any obstacles that prohibit or restrict homosexual males from going camping with our little boys .... some of whom are guaranteed to be child molesters, because you can bet that they will flock to such opportunities. And this is such a blatant and obvious farce, that it numbs the minds of intelligent and decent people. If ever there was a decision more favorable to the desires and goals of homosexual pedophiles .... who's express purpose for seeking out such positions in organizations like the boy scouts is to gain access to children to sexually assault .... I haven't heard of one. This is a bonanza for all of the little boy rapists out there ... a clear declaration to the pedophiles ... "Come and get it" ... the little boy buffet is open for your pleasure!

It's a disgusting display of disregard for the safety of our children, all based only on the political goals of homosexuals who do NOTHING but lie and deny ... divert and distort .... and place their selfish interests ahead of the welfare of our children.

A more intellectually dishonest, morally bankrupt group has never taken up space on the planet, and you should all be ashamed of yourselves ... but unfortunately, as a collective, you're shameless.
Once again, it shouldn't require long winded, sometimes combative articles to address concerns about the proposal to allow homosexuals in the Boy Scouts. Just simply encourage parents an important part of their responsibilities is to sit down with their children to teach them to recognize inappropriate gestures or advances of a molester, to flee when it happens and report it to a responsible adult. Those who so strongly feel that most homosexuals are also child molesters might as well welcome open homosexuals, so children can know who they should be leery of, while not letting down their guard it could be anyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 09:55 PM

1,396 posts, read 2,042,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
My kids have all grown up around guns and knives.

What's your point?

Uh......I have granddaughters older than that.
My point is this will probably get wipped clean. Anytime we get ya dead in the rights, you feel the need to cheat.

So anyway, I'll put it here for now, it won't last.

My Ma never threw anything out. I just dug out some of my stuff I haven't looked at in well over 20 years. We didn't buy our neck ties for our scarfs, we made them. I carved this one out of wood when I was about 10-12 years old. Boy Scouts have a connection with Native Amerians or (Indians)...it's an arrowhead. On a two day trip down the river, we stopped after the first full day to camp that night. I made this leather sheath that night at camp, I still have it.

I just found my box my Ma packed away many decades ago......Lookout now net phonies....

Spoiler

Old 02-08-2013, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Once again, it shouldn't require long winded, sometimes combative articles to address concerns about the proposal to allow homosexuals in the Boy Scouts. Just simply encourage parents an important part of their responsibilities is to sit down with their children to teach them to recognize inappropriate gestures or advances of a molester, to flee when it happens and report it to a responsible adult. Those who so strongly feel that most homosexuals are also child molesters might as well welcome open homosexuals, so children can know who they should be leery of, while not letting down their guard it could be anyone else.
We don't need any help. Leave it to you people, the "field" will be replaced with videos and a computer lab like shop class in school cuz "tools are too dangerous".

Get the **** outta here with that!

Old 02-08-2013, 10:01 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocker_Spaniel_Lover View Post
My point is this will probably get wipped clean. Anytime we get ya dead in the rights, you feel the need to cheat.

So anyway, I'll put it here for now, it won't last.

My Ma never threw anything out. I just dug out some of my stuff I haven't looked at in well over 20 years. We didn't buy our neck ties for our scarfs, we made them. I carved this one out of wood when I was about 10-12 years old. Boy Scouts have a connection with Native Amerians or (Indians)...it's an arrowhead. On a two day trip down the river, we stopped after the first full day to camp that night. I made this leather sheath that night at camp, I still have it.

I just found my box my Ma packed away many decades ago......Lookout now net phonies....

Spoiler

Who cares?

Old 02-08-2013, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
If homosexuals want to have a scouting experience, then they are free to start their own Gay Boy Scouts.

The BSA should continue to promote the quality of being morally straight.
Since you so deeply abhor homosexuality, why would you promote it by having a Gay Boy Scouts? What do you think might happen when everyone knows that everyone else can only be gay?

Old 02-08-2013, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
A male who has sex with another male is a homosexual .... and anyone who suggests otherwise is a liar or an imbecile ... psychologists INCLUDED. The age of the participants has no bearing on the homosexual nature of the act. If a man rapes another man, he's a rapist AND a homosexual. If the victim is a minor, that changes nothing with regard to the attacker being a homosexual rapist .... the only difference is that the victim is a child instead of an adult .... THAT'S IT ... and that is the end of the story!
Interesting how you had no comment on what I thought was one of the most important comments made about you:

"The sad part is that people such as yourself are the ones who put children in danger, because you focus your energy in the wrong places, chasing the wrong people out of your group. While you're busy keeping out homosexuals with adult orientations, you're letting in the "family man" with a wife, 3 kids, and a secret taste for children."

Old 02-08-2013, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Who cares?
Not any of you, that's fer damn sure.........

The Cult - Wild Hearted Son - YouTube

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Since you so deeply abhor homosexuality, why would you promote it by having a Gay Boy Scouts? What do you think might happen when everyone knows that everyone else can only be gay?
I wouldn't promote a Gay Boy Scouts nor would I protest their existence if one was created.

I believe in freedom of association,

Apparently, you do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westvirginiafan1 View Post
Would you want your 11 year old boy out camping with homosexual scouts and scout leaders?

I know I wouldn't. And if anything happened - the BSA would be sued bankrupt!!!!!
If I had a son I rather he be where it's known who the homosexuals were, so he would know exactly who to watch our for. But more important to teach him to be aware of molesters in general. It could be anyone.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The BSA is free to decide this issue however they want.

I am stating that I hope they choose to retain the policy of training their members to be morally straight.
Oh, I bet older Boy Scouts love to joke and kid around about sex with girls. They may sound very straight but not very moral about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies