Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 08:44 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,574,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
Does it really matter she's as much a corporate democrat as obama is, 4 more years of what exactly ? If she did run and did win would she re-enact glass steagall ? Would she actually enact any sort of legislation on the financial and real estate sector ? Would she work to overhaul the healthcare system ? I seem to remember she introduced a universal health care system that was quickly cancelled. I'm voting green party this next election and I will be voting it all the way through I personally am tired of the grid lock in this country and it's both sides that are to stupid and stubborn.

So I say to hell with both of them !
Fair enough. I'm the last person here to argue against anyone's frustration with our two-party death-embrace and our system of checks-and-gridlock.

On the other hand, many frustrated Progressives/Liberals voted Democrat in '12 simply to keep the weirdos out, and if it looks close in '16 they will again, simply on the principle "better the devil you know".

But on the specific issue of health insurance reform: technically, Hillary played no role in the Clinton proposal since she held no official post at that time, being merely first lady, but of course we know she was the active force behind it.

I think anyone on the left might fairly be skeptical of her approach to some other favorite causes of the Left, given her record as essentially a Third-Way DLC moderate, like her husband.

But her deep commitment, then and now, to a better system of healthcare provision can hardly be doubted. Depending on the political configuration after the '16 election, I think she can be relied on to either protect whatever advance Obamacare represents or, if she's in a position to do so, push for improvements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 09:06 AM

2,238 posts, read 1,444,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
Fair enough. I'm the last person here to argue against anyone's frustration with our two-party death-embrace and our system of checks-and-gridlock.

On the other hand, many frustrated Progressives/Liberals voted Democrat in '12 simply to keep the weirdos out, and if it looks close in '16 they will again, simply on the principle "better the devil you know".

But on the specific issue of health insurance reform: technically, Hillary played no role in the Clinton proposal since she held no official post at that time, being merely first lady, but of course we know she was the active force behind it.

I think anyone on the left might fairly be skeptical of her approach to some other favorite causes of the Left, given her record as essentially a Third-Way DLC moderate, like her husband.

But her deep commitment, then and now, to a better system of healthcare provision can hardly be doubted. Depending on the political configuration after the '16 election, I think she can be relied on to either protect whatever advance Obamacare represents or, if she's in a position to do so, push for improvements.
Suppose we'll just have to see what happens but honestly I'm not so sure what's going to happen I can only hope something good happens and not just the same old garbage

Old 02-04-2013, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
Suppose we'll just have to see what happens but honestly I'm not so sure what's going to happen I can only hope something good happens and not just the same old garbage
To that I lend a heart-felt "Amen".

Old 02-04-2013, 09:13 AM

2,238 posts, read 1,444,452 times
Quote:
To that I lend a heart-felt "Amen".
Anyway have a good day wherever you live

Old 02-04-2013, 09:17 AM

1,596 posts, read 1,159,362 times
Quote:
Hillary Clinton in 2016: Be Afraid, Republicans - The Daily Beast

It's the GOP's worst nightmare: the downhome cred of Arkansas Bill allied to the coastal Forward Thrust of Barry.

I'm not sure I can agree with Lloyd Green that HRC will make such inroads on the "Reagan Democrat" white bluecollar vote because of her connection (oh, right, they're still married, aren't they?) with folksy Bill. He may be able to imagine "Hillary knocking back a boilermaker in Youngstown or Dearborn", but I frankly can't.

But he's probably spot-on about her appeal to affluent college-educated professional voters: "high-end America is up for grabs, and Hillary appears better suited to take advantage of that fact than Obama was."

And those polling numbers in Red bastions ought to give potential GOP presidential candidates the shakes. If she really will run in 2016, and if she maintains those numbers in place like KY and TX (big ifs, of course), then combined with the effect of demographic change four years down the road, Green is absolutely right: Hillary is the one to beat.
She's a rotting ham harpy for the New World Order.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statutory Ape View Post
She's a rotting ham harpy for the New World Order.
Ah, so now we have the high-brow view.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:12 AM

1,596 posts, read 1,159,362 times
Quote:
Ah, so now we have the high-brow view.
Yeah, I'm not a Jerry Springer fan.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:21 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,299,061 times
Quote:
Hillary Clinton in 2016: Be Afraid, Republicans - The Daily Beast

It's the GOP's worst nightmare: the downhome cred of Arkansas Bill allied to the coastal Forward Thrust of Barry.

I'm not sure I can agree with Lloyd Green that HRC will make such inroads on the "Reagan Democrat" white bluecollar vote because of her connection (oh, right, they're still married, aren't they?) with folksy Bill. He may be able to imagine "Hillary knocking back a boilermaker in Youngstown or Dearborn", but I frankly can't.

But he's probably spot-on about her appeal to affluent college-educated professional voters: "high-end America is up for grabs, and Hillary appears better suited to take advantage of that fact than Obama was."

And those polling numbers in Red bastions ought to give potential GOP presidential candidates the shakes. If she really will run in 2016, and if she maintains those numbers in place like KY and TX (big ifs, of course), then combined with the effect of demographic change four years down the road, Green is absolutely right: Hillary is the one to beat.
Who knows what will happen in 4yrs. If the economy is horrible, It might be very difficult for any Democratic nominee to win. Democratic voters aren't as ideologically rigid as conservative voters. A lot of Democratic voters could vote for a reasonable enough Republican candidate especially if the economy is in the tank.

But if the economy continues to improve, and Hillary doesn't have any health issues or any political scandals, then she will be very, very, very difficult to beat.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:50 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,368,093 times
Hillary Clause

Im sure all the free-loading, leg humping, parasites who elected the current idiot are foaming at the mouth...

Old 02-04-2013, 10:54 AM

2,468 posts, read 1,919,926 times
Its too early and she's not a lock to get the nomination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies