Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2013, 10:26 PM

29,835 posts, read 24,927,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
The problems in a state like Mississippi are not a result of federal government. They are a result of state and local government. Who controls education? The state government. Why is education abysmal in these states? Because of the state government.
There are other factors involved I suspect. Look at the incomes and the tax base that results. It doesn't leave much to work with. That's a big reason companies are always looking to expand in these low wage states. People in Mississippi would jump for joy at $14/hr, a big incentive to send work south, but not too far south.

Why would people in Mississippi look to take advantage of our sissy nanny state? Because a hard days work pays about the same as what the government is willing to hand out for nothing in return. At least in the north, you can work and make enough to afford some 1st world standard of living. That's incentive enough for me to get up every morning and drag my behind to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 10:26 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,157,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
i know that but TMYK said this was the product of decades of horrible governing at the top, so then why does he only attack Democrats if Republicans are also part of it.
Clearly he's not a critical thinker. I don't mind teaching.

Old 05-29-2013, 10:57 PM

571 posts, read 791,430 times
How has Obama made Disability Benefits easier to get? If shark attacks go up under Obama, does that mean he's responsible for the increase? Or are there other factors worth consideirng?

Old 05-30-2013, 12:26 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,768,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkfan39126 View Post
How has Obama made Disability Benefits easier to get? If shark attacks go up under Obama, does that mean he's responsible for the increase? Or are there other factors worth consideirng?
Yes! Obama is to blame for every problem that has been unfolding for decades, even that comet that started heading our way a thousand years ago. Obummer caused it!!!!!!

But the rising stock market, home prices, the recovery of the auto industry, the expansion of the oil industry, the rise of the tech sector, the drop in psoriasis, the blossoming Sophia Vergara's figure, and the decline in teenage crime? The GOP cause all those!

That is the way things work in "the mask's" cramped little mind.

Old 05-30-2013, 12:44 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,477,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
States can't eliminate unproductive residents.

States have a long history of using regressive policies to encourage poor residents to vote with their feet and move elsewhere. Local governments do the same, for example most places don't allow you to plop a trailer on a piece of land you own.

Old 05-30-2013, 01:03 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,942,450 times
If there's one thing I've learned to count on from the OP, it's that the sources he cites always suck. At least I've learned one thing from his posts: Hard as it may be to believe, there are actually places out there even more to the right than Rush Limbaugh. Any time now I expect the OP to trot out the latest in Neo Nazi thought or the ravings of some militia group calling themselves The "Timothy McVey Avengers."

Here's an actual fact (a rare item around here, I know). When famed ultra right thinker and just plain good old boy, Adolf Hitler, was working out the kinks in his techniques to exterminate as many undesirables as possible, he started not with the Jews, but with the disabled - a group less likely to put up a good fight.

As the Mother of a disabled child, I strongly resent these right wing attacks on the disabled community - many of whom are living in poverty. Try having a brain injury through no fault of your own and then get back to us about how great it is to live with a disability and how little help you actually get from government sources.

Old 05-30-2013, 01:14 AM

14,683 posts, read 14,662,025 times
Not sure what this has to do with the sitting president. Judging from the list of top states with disability recipients, it pretty much mirrors the top states in obesity rates, which is supposedly a (preventable) disability these days.

Old 05-30-2013, 01:18 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...lity-hits.html

Hmmmmm, following in Mr. XXXs footprints?

In the February thread with the very similar title, it said that it was rising for 196 straight months. Let's see, Obama has been in office for far less than that.

Another failed thread.

Old 05-30-2013, 04:32 AM

26,512 posts, read 15,092,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
It looks like the red states are the worst offenders:
Weren't you the one that tried this with Food Stamps too.

Within those Red States it was the Blue Counties with the highest rates of Food Stamps. And within the Blue States it was the Bluest Counties with the highest numbers of Food Stamps.

Also African Americans, Blue Voters, with the highest rates of Food Stamps.

People of both parties abuse the system and are on the system.

You are naive if you think that the Blue Voters don't have more than their fair share of people on or gaming the system.

Last edited by michiganmoon; 05-30-2013 at 04:45 AM..

Old 05-30-2013, 04:38 AM

14,683 posts, read 14,662,025 times
Ignoring the partisan aspect of the discussion, what exactly can be done to weed out false disability claims?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies