Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2013, 07:23 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,000,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
What a oversensitive tyrant of a Judge. Even with contempt of court, I find the punishment excessive and does NOT fit the crime.
The judge is probally a liberal.

Liberals tend to be infatuated with power and control.

They are geneally anti-liberty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 07:23 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
He didn't ruin anything, if anything, he might have given this twit the wake up call she desperately needs. It was clear doubling her bond meant nothing, she might have rich parents who buy her expensive jewelry, what she needs now is 30 days in jail, it *might* cause her to rethink some things that need rethinking.

No way should she have been allowed to disrespect the legal system like that. And she didn't in the end.
She was high on Xanax. On Xanax you're numb to consequences and oblivious to social norms.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:25 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,513,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
She was high on Xanax. On Xanax you're numb to consequences and oblivious to social norms.
He asked her if she had drugs in the last 24 hours. She said, "actually, no"

So she could be charged with more than contempt of court if she lied to the judge, correct?

Maybe she should rethink her strategy. She has 30 days to gain a new perspective.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:26 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,875,670 times
Quote:
Being high on Xanax is a choice. So what?

Old 02-06-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Famous Miami rapper.
I was thinking of this guy.

"Freeway" Rick Ross - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But the Miami setting lends credence to the rapper.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
Being high on Xanax is a choice. So what?
Sentencing her to 30 days was also a choice. An immoral, and unjust and nasty choice. The judge is a far worse individual than the young lady. He should be in jail not her.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I was thinking of this guy.

"Freeway" Rick Ross - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But the Miami setting lends credence to the rapper.
The rapper takes his name from Rick Ross in your link. I doubt she knows of the original Rick Ross.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:30 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
For those who support the judges actions, let me ask you this:

Who is the victim of her alleged crime? Who can show demonstrable damages by her possession of Xanax bars?
This is not a civil case, so damages are not really an issue. Xanax is a controlled substance. It's illegal to have it without a prescription, period. Sounds like a victimless crime for sure. But the crime is possession without a prescription.

Rick Scott has basically declared all out war on prescription drug users and doctors who prescribe these drugs in Florida. Doctors almost have to do back flips to even prescribe things like Xanax. This is a little Rick Scott (Mr. Tea Party) political thing.

I really don't know what she was arrested for, was it just possession?

I don't support the judge's actions, however, I absolutely know that if you eff with a judge you're going to regret it. There's this thing called Contempt of Court......and you can end up in jail and assessed a huge fine. LAWYERS are sometimes held in contempt of court and even sometimes have to spend a bit of time in jail.

What I don't understand is why that girl didn't have a lawyer, a public defender, or SOMEBODY representing her and telling her how to behave. It looked like a first appearance hearing. But I don't understand why she didn't at least have a public defender.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
He asked her if she had drugs in the last 24 hours. She said, "actually, no"

So she could be charged with more than contempt of court if she lied to the judge, correct?

Maybe she should rethink her strategy. She has 30 days to gain a new perspective.
Lying, cursing, and being high on Xanax are peanuts to having your freedom robbed for 30 days. She's in effect being kidnapped. The judge did violence on her. She just spoke words and abused her own body.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:32 PM

Quote:
The rapper takes his name from Rick Ross in your link. I doubt she knows of the original Rick Ross.
Interesting. I just read the wikipedia article.

I learned about Rick Ross by reading the book Dark Alliance by Gary Webb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies