Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 11:02 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Apparently the police not only mistook the truck, they also mistook two small Hispanic women for one 250+ lb African American man. We've all made similar mistakes before, right? (Not really)

The guy whose truck got rammed and shot up nearby looked nothing like Dorner either. Good thing I don't have a truck, because these police shootings are happening in my neighborhood.
This story has so many layers.

Dorner breaks the blue code an reports the physical abuse doled out by his superior.

Dorner is fired for making the report which now appears to have some credence.

Dorner goes on an inexcusable course of vengeance in the course of which is alleged to have murder two officers with no connection to the abuse charges or his firing.

While searching for Dorner, the LAPD and Torrence police shoot two totally innocent people and another vehicle that is unconnected to to Dorner other that it is a truck.

It is like the story has gone full circle, it begins with the report of police abuse and as so far exposed the very type of abuse - not unprecedented in LA - that he was fired for reporting. It is like Dorner in the most inexcusable manner has cast not only a spotlight on himself but the very issue that began this cycle of violence.

Even Hollywood couldn't have come up with this story arch.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:14 AM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
It's not just the government offering the cash. From the article I linked:

The city of Los Angeles, law enforcement organizations, private groups and anonymous donors have all contributed to the reward fund, according to law enforcement sources familiar with the investigation. Authorities have already raised $500,000 with a goal of $1 million or more.

I just don't know what to make of this entire story. The guy serves honorably in the military. Joins the LAPD, supposedly observes his Training Officer kicking a guy in the head, is warned not to say anything about it and doesn't until he receives a negative job performance from the same Training Officer. He then goes over her head, the PD investigates, finds that the allegations were unsubstatiated, and the cop gets fired. Because of that episode he is honorably discharged from the naval reserves. And then he blows a head gasket.

1. Can officers of the LAPD be fired for simply alleging misconduct by another officer?

2. I don't believe for one moment that he would leave weapons in the truck when he supposedly abandoned it.

3. Is the LAPD so edgy about this guy that they would shoot up a truck that they thought was his, and whose two occupants were women? What happened to target aquisition?

4. Why would he supposedly burn his truck? Anyone in the area would report a truck on fire. Instead, an empty truck could mean hikers, hunters, back country campers were out there and nobody would think twice about it until it had been up there for a couple of days.

5. Would they treat such an important piece of evidence as the burned out truck so carelessly that they don't even know if a broken axle happened before or after they towed it off the mountain?

6. Who are the private groups and anonymous donars helping to make up the million dollars? When was the last time you saw a million dollar bounty on a guy who had killed three people? Yes he's made theats against a bunch of people. If I were one of them I would be blowing out of town until he was captured (likely killed).

At first I thought he was simply a guy overly invested in his career. When he lost his career he lost his identity and jumped over the edge.

The LAPD has a history of corruption and racial tension. They seem to be bending over backwards to get him to come in. "Come in and we'll reinvesigate your allegations" - not for the benefit of the ex-cop, but for the benefit of the community because transparency is paramount.

I can't put the pieces of this thing together, but something doesn't feel right about it. I don't know what, and maybe it is just a guy who lost it, but something doesn't feel right

The cops in California do have a history of corruption and racial tension. I know of a guy who use to hang with Sagon Penn back in the 1980s and he told me first hand about the whole story.

Sagon Penn

Sagon Penn Believes He Left His Own Life Behind as Well - Los Angeles Times

Old 02-12-2013, 11:22 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
This story has so many layers.

Dorner breaks the blue code an reports the physical abuse doled out by his superior.

Dorner is fired for making the report which now appears to have some credence.

Dorner goes on an inexcusable course of vengeance in the course of which is alleged to have murder two officers with no connection to the abuse charges or his firing.

While searching for Dorner, the LAPD and Torrence police shoot two totally innocent people and another vehicle that is unconnected to to Dorner other that it is a truck.

It is like the story has gone full circle, it begins with the report of police abuse and as so far exposed the very type of abuse - not unprecedented in LA - that he was fired for reporting. It is like Dorner in the most inexcusable manner has cast not only a spotlight on himself but the very issue that began this cycle of violence.

Even Hollywood couldn't have come up with this story arch.

If nothing is changed from this it will be the people's own fault. If the mindset of "well they'll get a nice payoff from government or the LAPD" persists, then bribery is being condonded as acceptable. Which I don't find acceptable that these women could have been killed.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:23 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Absolutely he made it all up..! You hate cops so much you would believe anything... Try to get a little common sense, you must be a democrat...
I read the manifesto, the man is bat crap crazy...
.... I'm betting they will find his remains in June when the snow melts...
Please, get a clue...!!
First off calm down.

You have NO proof that he made any of it up. Your making an ASSumption.

And your knock on me is that I'm a Democrat?? Your bat sh*t crazy.

LOL at political parties.

You have NO proof that he made it up. None. What there is proof of is that the mentally ill person who was arrested did in fact have a cut under the eye and other injuries. What IS proof is that his father testified that he got kicked. What IS proof is that the man testified that he was kicked. What IS proof is that Dorner testified that the man was kicked.

Who's bat sh*t crazy again??

Old 02-12-2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
If nothing is changed from this it will be the people's own fault. If the mindset of "well they'll get a nice payoff from government or the LAPD" persists, then bribery is being condonded as acceptable. Which I don't find acceptable that these women could have been killed.
People have lost their minds.

Up in arms about innocent people being killed (police), but not up in arms about civilians nearly being killed.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:34 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
If Dorner is seeking more support, then the best next move for him is to go after those cops involved in the false identity cases. Hell they may erect a statue for him if he did that.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:34 AM

3,807 posts, read 4,276,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
First off calm down.

You have NO proof that he made any of it up. Your making an ASSumption.

And your knock on me is that I'm a Democrat?? Your bat sh*t crazy.

LOL at political parties.

You have NO proof that he made it up. None. What there is proof of is that the mentally ill person who was arrested did in fact have a cut under the eye and other injuries. What IS proof is that his father testified that he got kicked. What IS proof is that the man testified that he was kicked. What IS proof is that Dorner testified that the man was kicked.

Who's bat sh*t crazy again??
What else is true:

Dorner has a history of committing physical violence and beating other people, when he doesn't get his way. Including fights in grade school, the police academy, and fighting physically with other police officers.

In 2006, prior to becoming a police officer, his ex girlfriend said he was "paranoid" and mentally unbalanced. Dorner attempted to get a restraining order against and it was denied.

In the police academy, Dorner had a negligent discharge, shooting himself in the hand (grounds for dismassal, he wasn't).

Dorner was failing his field training program and received negative evaluations from his training officers. The female he accused of kicking the suspect, told her superiors BEFORE the complaint was filed, Dorner was psychologically imbalanced and shouldn't on the street. He was being pulled off the street, when he filed the complaint, 4-6 days AFTER the incident occurred.

Three independant witnesses to the incident said it didn't occur and even the father is now saying what occurred is being blown out of proportion.

An independant judge, with no ties to the LAPD, reviewed Dorner's termination and UPHELD IT. Including listening to whatever "evidence" Dorner has and his attorney's. The termination was still upheld.

Dorner had other avenues. Johnnie Cochran's Law Firm is in Los Angeles. You are trying to tell me, if Dorner had any proof or evidence of his claims, that law firm and others wouldn't be all over it?

Bat **** crazy are the idiots who refuse to see the facts this man is a nutcase, who has a history of bullying his way, when he doesn't get his way. That is exactly what he is doing here. Trying to force something to his way, because he is mentally insane.

The only thing the LAPD dropped the ball on Dorner was his pre-employment psych eval. Whoever did that yes, dropped the ball and screwed up. He should have never been hired as police officer to begin with.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:50 AM

118 posts, read 208,269 times
Phil sounds like you would defend the actions of the state no matter what. Both parties share responsibility, the current problem is that the lapd wont appease dorner and is placing their community at risk because of it.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
What else is true:

Dorner has a history of committing physical violence and beating other people, when he doesn't get his way. Including fights in grade school, the police academy, and fighting physically with other police officers.

He laid all of that out in his manifesto. His grade school fights were due to racism he claimed. The fight with the other police officers was in reference to 2 white cops referring to certain criminals as "nigg*rs. I don't know any other altercations he was in.

In 2006, prior to becoming a police officer, his ex girlfriend said he was "paranoid" and mentally unbalanced. Dorner attempted to get a restraining order against and it was denied.

He attempted to get a restraining order. Meaning his intent wasn't to harm or stalk her. And as far as being "paranoid" have you ever dated a cop?? The cop I dated was paranoid too. He also had other mental health issues. He was an outstanding cop and person though. Just had a lot of issues from dealing with the streets of Chicago.

In the police academy, Dorner had a negligent discharge, shooting himself in the hand (grounds for dismassal, he wasn't).

That means nothing other then he's clumsy.

Dorner was failing his field training program and received negative evaluations from his training officers. The female he accused of kicking the suspect, told her superiors BEFORE the complaint was filed, Dorner was psychologically imbalanced and shouldn't on the street. He was being pulled off the street, when he filed the complaint, 4-6 days AFTER the incident occurred.

Where did you find that info?? ANd its also alleged that the officer has assaulted more than one person. There are claims of other assualts by the officer. And honestly, are you going to say that the police are going to side with a civilian over an officer?

Do you have a link to where the father of the mentally ill person claimed things were blown out of proportion? Could there be an element of intimidation? I wasn't threatened directly, but warned when I chose to fight my case of malpractice in Chicago.

Three independant witnesses to the incident said it didn't occur and even the father is now saying what occurred is being blown out of proportion.

An independant judge, with no ties to the LAPD, reviewed Dorner's termination and UPHELD IT. Including listening to whatever "evidence" Dorner has and his attorney's. The termination was still upheld.

Still doesn't mean anything. Innocent people are convicted every day and some criminals walk free every day.

Dorner had other avenues. Johnnie Cochran's Law Firm is in Los Angeles. You are trying to tell me, if Dorner had any proof or evidence of his claims, that law firm and others wouldn't be all over it?

Johnny Cochran isn't even alive. He's been dead for 8 years. Even so, do you know how expensive it is to fight a case?

Bat **** crazy are the idiots who refuse to see the facts this man is a nutcase, who has a history of bullying his way, when he doesn't get his way. That is exactly what he is doing here. Trying to force something to his way, because he is mentally insane.

The only thing the LAPD dropped the ball on Dorner was his pre-employment psych eval. Whoever did that yes, dropped the ball and screwed up. He should have never been hired as police officer to begin with.
How about shooting 3 innocent civilians? How about promoting an officer from the Rodney King beating to Captain. How about shooting into a crowd of protesters in Anaheim last year? How about beating protesters during the Occupy Movement? How about the other hundreds if not thousands of cases of police brutality and malpractice?

I've been a victim of withholding evidence, perjury, falsifying documents, all from an illegal stop. I personally know of cases where cops have killed people. I've dated a cop and have been warned to keep my mouth shut and to not ruffle feathers.

There's a reason so many people are upset at the LAPD. They are CORRUPT. What do you not get about that?

Old 02-12-2013, 12:09 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
What else is true:

Oh lookie, another self-appointed Internet psychologist. You deserve a medal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies