Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2013, 11:55 PM

15,534 posts, read 10,507,413 times

Advertisements

Most people aren't going to read his manifesto and those that apparently did only took from it what they wanted to hear. I don't doubt his whistle blowing at all, I believe he was telling the truth. Just look at the cops gone wild and shooting up those women (in the wrong make pickup truck even). However, he broke his own code (for the lack of a better word) when he killed the young couple. He is doing the same thing that he accused others of doing, he went over to the dark side. He's doomed and that's as it should be. He's also wrong on his anti-gun stance, we need them to protect ourselves against people like him.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:23 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,057,820 times
Default Leftie nut job manifesto.

100% ignored by the very same media that created him.

He was obviously a very intelligent, well written man who obviously watched too much left wing propaganda.

"Willie Geist, you're a talented and charismatic journalist.

Chris Matthews, Joe Scarborough, Pat Harvey, Brian Williams, Soledad Obrien, Wolf Blitzer, Meredith Viera, Tavis Smiley, and Anderson Cooper
, keep up the great work and follow Cronkite's lead. I hold many of you in the same regard as Tom Brokaw and the late Peter Jennings. Cooper, stop nagging and berating your guest, they're your (guest). Mr. Scarborough, we met at McGuire's pub in P-cola in 2002 when I was stationed there. It was an honor conversing with you about politics, family, and life.

Willie Geist, you're a talented and charismatic journalist. Stop with all the talk show shenanigans and get back to your core of reporting. Your future is brighter than most.

Revoke the citizenship of Fareed Zakaria and deport him. I've never heard a positive word about America or its interest from his mouth, ever. On the same day, give Piers Morgan an indefinite resident alien and Visa card. Mr. Morgan, the problem that many American gun owners have with you and your continuous discussion of gun control is that you are not an American citizen and have an accent that is distinct and clarifies that you are a foreigner. I want you to know that I agree with you 100% on enacting stricter firearm laws but you must understand that your critics will always have in the back of their mind that you are native to a country that we won our sovereignty from while using firearms as a last resort in defense and you come from a country that has no legal private ownership of firearms. That is disheartening to American gun owners and rightfully so."

Read more: READ: Murder Suspect Chris Dorner's Online Manifesto - Los Angeles Local News, Weather, and Traffic

On another note, the NY Times left out those paragraph in their selective excerpts.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:21 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
100% ignored by the very same media that created him.

He was obviously a very intelligent, well written man who obviously watched too much left wing propaganda.

"Willie Geist, you're a talented and charismatic journalist.

Chris Matthews, Joe Scarborough, Pat Harvey, Brian Williams, Soledad Obrien, Wolf Blitzer, Meredith Viera, Tavis Smiley, and Anderson Cooper
, keep up the great work and follow Cronkite's lead. I hold many of you in the same regard as Tom Brokaw and the late Peter Jennings. Cooper, stop nagging and berating your guest, they're your (guest). Mr. Scarborough, we met at McGuire's pub in P-cola in 2002 when I was stationed there. It was an honor conversing with you about politics, family, and life.

Willie Geist, you're a talented and charismatic journalist. Stop with all the talk show shenanigans and get back to your core of reporting. Your future is brighter than most.

Revoke the citizenship of Fareed Zakaria and deport him. I've never heard a positive word about America or its interest from his mouth, ever. On the same day, give Piers Morgan an indefinite resident alien and Visa card. Mr. Morgan, the problem that many American gun owners have with you and your continuous discussion of gun control is that you are not an American citizen and have an accent that is distinct and clarifies that you are a foreigner. I want you to know that I agree with you 100% on enacting stricter firearm laws but you must understand that your critics will always have in the back of their mind that you are native to a country that we won our sovereignty from while using firearms as a last resort in defense and you come from a country that has no legal private ownership of firearms. That is disheartening to American gun owners and rightfully so."

Read more: READ: Murder Suspect Chris Dorner's Online Manifesto - Los Angeles Local News, Weather, and Traffic

On another note, the NY Times left out those paragraph in their selective excerpts.

Just another whack job lib going crazy with guns. Why does most domestic violence in America come from libs?

Old 02-08-2013, 06:23 AM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
I can only imagine the squealing these anti military gun grabbers would be doing if this was a white guy
And I can also imagine the anti-Black crowd out there using this incident as a way to prop up their hateful agenda.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:28 AM

2,072 posts, read 1,756,826 times
Ranks up there with McVeigh in my book. Hero's both.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:48 AM

57,311 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Serpico was one reason why NYPD had an outside commission investigate the force, the corruption was so rampant and pervasive they were incapable of policing themselves. They actually had a case where one detective accepting payoffs from a drug dealer killed a competing drug dealer. Maybe LAPD needs an outside commission.

Quote:
One enterprising cop moonlighted by illegally wiretapping a particular bar’s public telephone, so he could listen in on random conversations, hoping to find out where he could steal money from drug dealers.
And precinct “desk cops” performing essential administrative functions would routinely expect and receive daily payoffs — a $5 bill was cool — from their fellow patrol officers for nothing more than assigning them patrol cars.
That’s because a patrol car was literally a ticket to ride — guaranteeing beat officers lucrative streams of cash revenue from drug dealers, gamblers, bar owners and local businessmen within their sectors.

Knapp Commission NYPD police corruption Michael F. Armstrong - NYPOST.com

Old 02-08-2013, 06:50 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,290,858 times
Default Trigger happy cops shoot 2 inocent woment delivering newspapers

Women delivering newspapers in Torrance shot in manhunt for ex-cop - latimes.com

When will the public demand that there be changes made to police policies where shoot first is the present protocol.
There is no defense whatsoever for this kind of incident and yet we see it more and more of this kind of senseless attacks on innocent civilians by incompetent LEO.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:51 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,574,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
Why do people join corrupt systems and then become enraged when they can not function as an effective change agent?

But that doesn't seem to be the case here: this fellow's main grievance seems (as far as anyone knows yet) to be that the organization turned against him, not that he was unable to change it from within. As I read it, he's not railing against the corruption per se, but the hypocrisy of a corrupt organization condemning him, when (apparently) he feels he has tried to behave more honorably than many others in it.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:56 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,476,095 times
This stuff really seams like a movie.
Of course the guy is crazy, but that doesn't mean that the cops had to shoot up 2 vehicles they thought looked like his. These cops are supposed to be professional and not so shook about one guy guerrilla hunting them. I mean really? I guess they have no intention on bringing him in alive. They plan on shooting him regardless of whether or not he's armed.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:56 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,574,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Maybe LAPD needs an outside commission.
Or rather, another one. The Rampart affair wasn't that long ago. Not that the independent review panel in that instance achieved much, or anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies