Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 05:10 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,787,000 times

Advertisements

Exactly three years ago, the town of King, North Carolina had a hefty snowstorm. And the legislators took advantage of the crisis, to ban citizens from carrying their own guns outside their property, or even buying or selling them.

No explanation was ever given, for WHY there was more reason to ban guns during a snowstorm, than at other times; or even what connection existed at all between blizzards and firearms.

Now that a major storm is hitting the New England area, will more towns follow suit?

As Obama's former Chief of Staff said, "Never let a good crisis go to waste."

If they can just get people used to the idea that government has the authority to take away their guns whenever they think it's a good idea, they will be able to do it more and more.

The snow is falling NOW, from New York to Boston and points north.

Time's a-wastin' !

-------------------------------------------------

North Carolina town calls snow emergency, so gun sales are banned...huh? - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

North Carolina town calls snow emergency, so gun sales are banned...huh?

February 8, 2010
By: Dave Workman

The snow emergency is over in King, N.C., but while it was in effect, according to published reports and a cursory glance at state statute, there was a curfew, restrictions on alcohol and a ban on the sale or possession of firearms off of one’s property.

When I called officials in King, the police department referred me to the mayor’s office, and the mayor’s office referred me to state statute. I don’t know what they call that in North Carolina, but out here in Washington, it’s called “passing the buck,” and that dog don’t hunt.

The inquiry was simple, and the conversation with a lady named Judy at the police department was pleasant. All I wanted to know was “What on earth does a snow emergency have to do with possession of a firearm?”

Only in Washington, D.C. do guns seem to come into play when people play in the snow, but then it’s only the cops who seem to pull those guns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 05:13 PM

1,396 posts, read 2,042,309 times
I'd say kiss my CCW, NICS, 4473 ass!

Old 02-08-2013, 05:19 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
A blizzard? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It's snowing so you can't have a gun. How do you get to your deer hunting stand without your gun?

Old 02-08-2013, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
A blizzard? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It's snowing so you can't have a gun. How do you get to your deer hunting stand without your gun?
How do you make up laws as you go that violate both State and Federal laws? That CCW that is issued doesn't expire because some liberal bedwetter thinks it's going to be snowy for awhile. How can they stop the purchase through an FFL? FBI is going to clear it as a proceed during a NICS.

More fantasy from liberal idiots.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:29 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Interesting, I have never heard of this town or this happening. Kind of a random sneaky move of the mayor.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Interesting, I have never heard of this town or this happening. Kind of a random sneaky move of the mayor.
Kinda like Mayors who jack people around getting a CCW in CCW "Shall issue States".... That means what's your reason? "I want it and I can"....Ok

The same d***head Mayor thinks the '94-'04 AWB is still in effect in his City, in which the whole State it is a green light. Ok, we'll make an exception for you. Yeah right, no one even cares. I hope the taxpayers of his city are prepared to fight a legal battle in court should anyone be arrested on said charges.

The funny thing is, no one has ever been arrested, much less tried on a violation since it appeared.

State Statue and the 2ND Amendment say to p*** off you wanker!

Old 02-08-2013, 05:40 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocker_Spaniel_Lover View Post
Kinda like Mayors who jack people around getting a CCW in CCW "Shall issue States".... That means what's your reason? "I want it and I can"....Ok

The same d***head Mayor thinks the '94-'04 AWB is still in effect in his City, in which the whole State it is a green light. Ok, we'll make an exception for you. Yeah right, no one even cares. I hope the taxpayers of his city are prepared to fight a legal battle in court should anyone be arrested on said charges.

The funny thing is, no one has ever been arrested, much less tried on a violation since it appeared.

State Statue and the 2ND Amendment say to p*** off you wanker!
Ok.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Ok.
Dern straight! LOL LOL

Old 02-08-2013, 06:31 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
They also put limits on alcohol during the snow storm, seems like a rather ruthless regime.

That has to be a doomsday prepper hotspot, when there is bad news they seem to increase the hoarding rate, I think the mayor is just protecting them from themselves.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:42 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,787,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I think the mayor is just protecting them from themselves.
Liberals are people who believe that government's job is to protect them from themselves.

Conservatives are people who know the government's job is protecting them from others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies