Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2013, 09:54 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,035,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
His subsequent choices did nothing to validate his version of the truth of police brutality and cover up.
That is the saddest part of the story. His horrendous course of actions while bringing his allegations to light virtually insures that they will never receive the notice that they may deserve.

As for anyone that harbors thoughts regarding his "innocence," Doener was media savvy enough to get his manifesto out, he was certainly media savvy enough to proclaim his own innocence and orchestrate a non-violent surrender.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 09:56 AM

361 posts, read 272,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odie View Post
Like that's not already being done. And our basic freedom of speech being voilated.
its probably being done for good reason

Old 02-13-2013, 09:58 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,473,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
the fact that he doesn't kill every single person he has a chance to kill means he's not evil?
I never said that. I am just speculating that he only wanted to kill certain people. In most cases, desperate people would have killed those two instead of tie em up.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:58 AM

720 posts, read 1,407,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
same response as to the other poster who brought up this weak point:

geez, use some logic here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Yes, to point out the stupid lies being posted as fact when they are not.

We are not at war, and you need to check your paranoia at the door.

No, it'll be people like you that won't be able to think and be the first fodder for the masses.

No I question. I just know not to make false statements and pass them off as fact as you have tried to do so many times.
Speaking of facts, get yours in order before damning mine. I never said I was stating facts about Dorner. And your absolute ignorance, bubble protected life is sad. You are exactly they type of person the government LOVES. I suppose it's a better world to accept ANYTHING we are told to believe. It that truly was the case, we might be Germans, not Americans. Please, read some history books or something.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:01 AM

720 posts, read 1,407,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 718native View Post
its probably being done for good reason
OMG. Out of all the post replies I've seen, yours is the MOST disturbing. I guess the Jews thought the same thing, right before they were stripped naked and gassed!!!!!

Old 02-13-2013, 10:04 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,684,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
Who believed his story 100%,even if he was mistreated. What is the defense for killing that young woman and her fiancée? Or cowardly killing the police sitting at a stop light? Reading the comments in the LA Times made me as angry as I have been in a long time. What kind of pathetic individual would support this scumbag?
However wrong it might be in the grand scheme of things, Dorner was a cathartic symbol for anyone who has ever been screwed over by the Law or observed others being screwed over.

Same reason throughout human history criminals are turned into folk heros.

Lots of Cognitive Dissonance going on.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:04 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,269,493 times
Quote:
Speaking of facts, get yours in order before damning mine.
you're the one who says he was set up. Not me.

in another thread, you claimed that it was the LAPD who hacked his facebook account and posted his manifesto.

Quote:
I never said I was stating facts about Dorner.
really?

Quote:
Smh. I give up. It's impossible to argue the point that he was set up, evidence planted, emails sent by someone else, etc. We can all agree, we will NEVER know the truth. Never. I suppose the ones pissing on Dorner are the same ones who believe every single bit of info the media has spewed about Sandy Hook as well. There is a bigger agenda, not just some fired ex police officer ranting and killing.
Were these not your words that you just posted not more than 10 posts ago? there is no leading "In my opinion".

Quote:
And your absolute ignorance, bubble protected life is sad.
the only one living in a bubble is you. You're paranoia is making you see things that are not there.

Quote:
You are exactly they type of person the government LOVES.
Nothing I have posted or done in my life shows that I think the government (any government) is innocent in what goes on daily. And I don't treat the government as one big "entity" . it's made up of hundreds of thousands of individuals with their own bias, weaknesses, beliefs, strengths and shortcomings. There are things that need to be done, and some may not like what those people do. Sometimes we will not like what the government decides to do, but there are times that they do good things.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:06 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
The psycho support for deranged punk thug cops is ridiculous too. But hey, we don't need no stinkin' rights do we?

Tell me all about the rights you've lost to deranged punk thug cops, please.

I'm well aware there are rogue cops who pull off dirty deeds and need to be prosecuted. But I don't think there are all that many. I suspect Dorner would have been one if the LAPD hadn't given him the shove several years ago.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:08 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,250,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
You do know that every manhunt in history. . .started with cops going after someone based on evidence/etc. I mean between Dorner's manifesto and the fact he targeted the CHILDREN of the person who represented him. . .it doesn't take a 101 detective to say "we better talk to this guy".

And then you run, kidnap/tie people up, and shoot at cops. . .you will have our attention.

Don't let the term "alleged" through you off. If your a suspect, and you are shooting at cops, they will put you down.

. . .but shooting the children of your rep, and a cop I think surrendering to the cops was out of the question anyway. In that case, if you want to live, you call a lawyer or a reporter and surrender to them. . .and they bring you in.

Obviously, Dorner (per his manifesto) wanted to "bring it on". What do you want the police to do? wait until he runs out of ammo?

and I don't know how the fire started or how he died yet. If its like Waco, then he may of done it to himself. . . .like those crazy people did to their kids (pretty sad).
I haven't read through this whole thread yet (and I may not - I pretty much had my fill of the disgusting defense of this guy in another thread that has since been closed) so I don't know if this was mentioned, but witnesses report hearing a single gun shot just prior to the cabin going up in smoke.

I think it is entirely possible that he started the fire himself and then put a bullet through his own head. I thought when the standoff first started that it was possible that he would end it himself, and in his way.

Whatever happened on his job - maybe the guy had some legitimate beefs, maybe not - but NOTHING justifies going on a murderous rampage like this guy did. If everybody who had disappointments in their personal and professional lives did that, what kind of a world would we be living in?

Anyway, I hope they get that body identified as quickly as possible so the people who are on his hit list can get their lives back and the families of those he killed can bury their loved ones in relative peace.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:08 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,940,441 times
Quote:
I am not saying I am enlightened. I am saying that there is obviously more to this story than what we are being told. I won't apologize for questioning what's happened. Before I even read in depth anything about this case, I already felt something wasn't right. Red flag. He was wanted, yes. And he did shot the cops that were chasing him. Kill or be killed mentallity. I don't believe he shot that couple. If he was a cold blooded killer, he would have killed the two women he tied up. What would have to lose from it? Nothing. He was already dead in the eyes of the law. Killing two more people wouldn't have made him much difference. That doesn't send a red flag up for you??? Seriously??
Cold blooded killer is a conclusion. The police captn can say whatever he wants, the news media can frame it which ever way the want, the posters on CD can opine to there hearts content.

That doesnt change the facts. He was wanted. He had the right to due process. He hid himself form the police.

not killing two women at the lodge means he did not kill those two women.

does not prove his guilt nor innocence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies