Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 02:01 PM

7,822 posts, read 6,409,101 times

Advertisements

I prefer the kooks to the collectivist liberals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2013, 02:09 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,501,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Most people who voted for Obama voted for the free stuff.
That's less disturbing than voting for The Handmaid's Tale. Moochers may get sated at some point, but Jesus freaks never will.

Old 02-11-2013, 02:10 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,501,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
isn't this sorta like saying, I would vote Democrat again if they would just drop the peace and freedom section of the party?
That's pretty much the neocon view. Especially after the GOP has had 3 bad election cycles out of 4.

Old 02-11-2013, 02:13 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,281,003 times
The problem is in Reagan's time "moderates" were more conservative than moderates today. In the 1980s it was still acceptable to be against gay marriage for instance. As the mainstream has shifted farther and farther left on social issues, it's become increasingly difficult for the GOP to retain the moderates and the religious right simultaneously. The solution: hold ground on abortion but loosen up on gay rights.

Old 02-11-2013, 02:20 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,244,251 times
I just want someone that will repeal the patriot act, stop giving money to lying bankers, practice good diplomacy so that rebels aren't uniting against America, and stop subsidising corporations that send jobs over seas.

Old 02-11-2013, 02:20 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,250,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
If they would just dump the far right kooks who say global warming is not real and that science that does not agree with the bible is wrong, I would take a look at them again. I am for guns and our gun rights. But the far right Christian nut jobs who want to make abortion illegal and put their god in schools, and stop people from marrying who they want, make me walk away. Stop the crazy and you can win.
I fully agree that the anti-intellectual religious fanatics have NO place in modern discussions of government fiscal irresponsibility, infringements on citizen rights, reversal of Founding Fathers ideals, dollar devaluation and inflationary monetary policies, free enterprise, following the failed policies of Europe, and the like.

Let's make them a 3rd Party called "The New Theocracy," and allow Republicans to be Libertarians, as the Founding Fathers and all social liberals and fiscal conservatives want. The two-party system is anything but: it is Far-Left Progressive and Obama and Romney were so alike that Romney was known as "The White Obama."

Time for REAL elections and choice OTHER than what our current corrupt Washington politicians want.

Want to guess how far the "hold your nose and vote" Republicrat clones would get in 2016 if we had a REAL choice?

Old 02-11-2013, 02:21 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,080,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
The problem is in Reagan's time "moderates" were more conservative than moderates today. In the 1980s it was still acceptable to be against gay marriage for instance. As the mainstream has shifted farther and farther left on social issues, it's become increasingly difficult for the GOP to retain the moderates and the religious right simultaneously. The solution: hold ground on abortion but loosen up on gay rights.
They shifted left on gay marriage and rights because it is a civil rights issue with science to back up being gay as natural. Other so called social issues have not seen a shift to the left

Old 02-11-2013, 02:25 PM

172 posts, read 152,136 times
Look at this

Google Image Result for http://digboston.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/bachmann-crazy-eyes.jpg

Old 02-11-2013, 02:29 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,080,759 times

Hey Lib bedwetters..... what say you about crazy eyes..... nasty Nancy looking more nutty than even the typical Dem.....

Old 02-11-2013, 02:45 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,698,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
If they would just dump the far right kooks who say global warming is not real and that science that does not agree with the bible is wrong, I would take a look at them again. I am for guns and our gun rights. But the far right Christian nut jobs who want to make abortion illegal and put their god in schools, and stop people from marrying who they want, make me walk away. Stop the crazy and you can win.
People join political parties, the parties don't pick them, so they can't dump them either.

Some of those Christians might just be single issue voters, they don't join Democrats because the dems are pro gay marriage and pro-abortion on demand. I have heard some of these people being interviewed, and they sound like they vote along democrat lines on many things, but just have an uncompromising position on abortion, or marriage. I'll bet some of these folks would actually be democrats if the dems were suddenly pro-life and not pushing gay marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies