Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2013, 05:27 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,900,806 times

Advertisements

Jessie Jackson claims that simple sporting rifles like the AR15 can "shoot down airplanes" and "blow up railroads"....... How can these ignoramouses get away with lies like these? I mean, there is absolutely ZERO truth to these claims. I think it's just a way of fooling those who don't know any better in to supporting their anti-gun legislation.

NRA-ILA | Outrage of the Week: Jesse Jackson Claims Semi-Autos can "Blow Up Railroads"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 05:39 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Are There No Limit To The Lies Told By Anti Gunners?
No, there's no limit.

/thread

I saw that yesterday. As frustrating as it is, you just have to look at the source. Nobody takes that guy seriously anymore, except the choir to which he's preaching. No minds are being changed by his sensational babbling, though.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:41 PM

1,137 posts, read 972,394 times
Jackson is a known liar and extortionist and ridiculous claims like those only make him look like an even bigger fool....if thats even possible.

Jackson is as credible as the SPLC and the brady group.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:53 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,366,997 times
Most of these anti-gun liberals could not explain what "semi-automatic" means if you held a gun to their heads. Doubtless this applies to JJ, and probably to Pres. Obama too. To them it is just a word much like 'abracadabra' that they have heard often enough that they are able to repeat it.

Semi-auto goes back a long way. The Mauser C-96 dates to 1896 and is not all that much different from the 'assault-style' weapons that are available today:
Mauser C96 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

John Brownings 1911 semi auto pistol, actually introduced in 1905, remains dominant in shooting competitions to this day. It was created just a few years after Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:07 PM

198 posts, read 167,685 times
Jessie Jackson must be speaking from experiences from his own hands and/or his thug buddy's previous activities. I've never heard or read any reports of air planes being shot down or trains being blown up through the use of a .223 caliber AR15 or the military's version the M16. Soldiers are lucky if they can shoot a plane down with a .50 BMG Machine gun, and if I'm not mistaken, I believe the trains that were destroyed in WW2 were with fighter bombers using machine guns larger than .50 BMG such as 20 to 30mm cannons. Not a .22 caliber rifle bullet. I watch the military channel a lot and have yet to see a platoon and soldiers do such incredible feats with M16 battle rifles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies