Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2013, 07:47 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,956,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post
Good Job at you naming all entertainers, like I said man I been realized the truth... And white ppl kill innocent deers in the name of food, yet they don't have trials for that... Yes we have black millionaires who came up business wise but you don't hear about that during Black History Month or any other time of the year for that matter, so all the youth know how to do is what they see. I shouldn't have spell that out for you...
Would you like for me to go through and find some accomplished black citizens that have made it in America without thinking people needed to hold their hand?

What are you talking about killing deer? Do black people not hunt? Did you know wild game is better for you than store bought meat?

Spell what out...... you seem to need special attention or you feel no one cares if their not focused on blacks all month. I'm a little confused that you'd want spacial attention for being a certain color and not just enjoying the benefits of being an American if thats who you are.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:58 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,956,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post
So because they're doing us "a favor" its right? But when we fight dogs, as the stray ones and wild ones naturally do its pure "criminal"... GTFOH
I can't believe your comparing hunting to fighting innocent dogs.......hunting is not hurting the animal over and over again, making it suffer, killing it because it didn't win your stupid fight. If you find dog fighting a black culture thing, maybe, your the one who doesn't understand life and how the animal kingdom works.

Dog fighting is a crime period!!!! Do you fight dogs? Natural dog fighting is nothing compared to forced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
Who is "we"? My understanding was that dog fighting was a southern thing, not a black thing.

Also, electrocuting dogs, placing them on rape stands, drowning them, and operating an interstate gambling ring is a lot different than shooting a deer, skinning it, feeding your family venison, and keeping the population under control.
Pretty sick to think anyone would enjoy a sick thing like raping a dog. Some people make me sick!!!!

Old 02-14-2013, 08:12 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,479,927 times
If your biggest accomplishment in life is claiming a race, then you have failed your ancestors.

I think it is funny how people are always claiming the white people accomplished this, or black people accomplished that, or the asian race did this. The people didn't do it, the individual did. I think it hilarious that the same people use this "collectivism" to justify their stupidly myopic views on other people that don't fit into their imagine "superior category.

In conclusion, if you are white you cannot claim that you created advance civilizations unless you know you actually did or at least prominent part in the continuation of civilization. Examples would be policy makers, holding a major office at the federal level AND making a positive impact. You didn't create sh*t unless you actually have. Examples would be substantial patents, major breakthroughs in technology or science. This also goes for black folks, asian folks, hispanics, and anyone else who wants some.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:51 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,191,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Don't even know what the article is getting at, since one can do nothing about skin color. Maybe it is blacks being over sensitive again.
Maybe it's you being too foolish and lazy to figure it out. What does it have to so with so-called blacks? Stop obsessing over other people. African peoples aren't studying you.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:08 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,441,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
If your biggest accomplishment in life is claiming a race, then you have failed your ancestors.

I think it is funny how people are always claiming the white people accomplished this, or black people accomplished that, or the asian race did this. The people didn't do it, the individual did. I think it hilarious that the same people use this "collectivism" to justify their stupidly myopic views on other people that don't fit into their imagine "superior category.

In conclusion, if you are white you cannot claim that you created advance civilizations unless you know you actually did or at least prominent part in the continuation of civilization. Examples would be policy makers, holding a major office at the federal level AND making a positive impact. You didn't create sh*t unless you actually have. Examples would be substantial patents, major breakthroughs in technology or science. This also goes for black folks, asian folks, hispanics, and anyone else who wants some.
Actually you're slightly wrong. True clinging on to race as a badge of honor is somewhat hollow. However while individuals invented this or that they did so against a backdrop of a given culture.

Presumably somewhere in Africa there was at least on guy as smart as Newton or Einstein but he would have found himself in a culture where having a high IQ wasn't stressed or more accurately there wasn't a suitable outlet for his intellectual talents thus his talent went to waste. I mean determine why apples fall from a tree isn't going to do much for you in the bush.

Culture, not race is determinant in regards to what civilizations thrive and others lag.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:11 AM

73,087 posts, read 62,726,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Good book, but you will never get certain segments of society to admit they are mentally behind a bit.
So you really believe certain segments are "mentally behind"? Let me ask you this. Give me one good reason for anyone to admit that, that would benefit the person "admitting" it? Considering that certain segments of society have been told throughout history that they were "mentally behind", we see it as just another form of racism. And I'm not being sarcastic.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:15 AM

1,159 posts, read 1,840,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Students taught: It’s unfair to be white

I LOVE BEING WHITE! My kids LOVE being white,I celebrate my race and heritage and culture whenever I get a chance. I get up in the morning thanking nature for giving me white skin! NOTHING you will do will ever make me upset I am white the same goes for my wife and children.Go ahead make fun,call me racist,bigot,inbred I don't care! I really don't.
hey maybe all this white pride and enthusiasm can be used to have some parades and chant about white people awesomeness....oh wait thats been done..

Old 02-14-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
And I suggest you check out the Bell Curve.
I would give Inequality By Design: Cracking the Bell Curve Myth.

Inequality by Design: Cracking the Bell Curve Myth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sample Chapter for Fischer, C.S., Hout, M., Jankowski, M.S., et al.: Inequality by Design: Cracking the Bell Curve Myth.

and the sources it comes from: Boston Globe STUDIES HIT `BELL CURVE' LINKING OF RACE, IQ BOOKS SAY ENVIRONMENT, NOT HEREDITY, IS MAJOR DETERMINANT OF INTELLIGENCE May 7, 1996 Author: John Yemma, Globe Staff
Civil Rights Journal, September 22, 1997 Author: Carlson, Ken
New Statesman; Vol. 125 Issue 4315, Nurture v nature. 12/20/96-01/03/97 Author: Malik, Kenan [1]
Journal of the American Statistical Association Date: March 1, 1999 Author: Sconing, James

Old 02-14-2013, 09:25 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,479,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Actually you're slightly wrong. True clinging on to race as a badge of honor is somewhat hollow. However while individuals invented this or that they did so against a backdrop of a given culture.

Presumably somewhere in Africa there was at least on guy as smart as Newton or Einstein but he would have found himself in a culture where having a high IQ wasn't stressed or more accurately there wasn't a suitable outlet for his intellectual talents thus his talent went to waste. I mean determine why apples fall from a tree isn't going to do much for you in the bush.

Culture, not race is determinant in regards to what civilizations thrive and others lag.
Thank you for your input Edward. I know what your saying but giving the context of certain individuals on this thread this is just a case of clinging on to a race. As for the bush, you should know better than that.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Thank you for your input Edward. I know what your saying but giving the context of certain individuals on this thread this is just a case of clinging on to a race. As for the bush, you should know better than that.
Here is an important question: How does a culture come about(or subculture)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.