Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 12:34 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
You know, I was just about add to my previous post that you will probably resort to the, "I'm not going to do your homework for you" weasel dance. Sad, really.
Sad, but true. I don't really have much luck with that vaunted search feature on the company computer.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:34 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
I once listened to In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida and missed Halley's Comet entirely. Pretty sad for a comet enthusiast, eh?

Where does Ben Carson rank relative to Iron Butterfly on the entertainment scale? I need to know that before I invest a half an hour of my time.
Iron Butterfly (who I saw play in L.A. when they were one step up from a garage band): 10.

Ben Carson: Well, let's just say that someone who saw Iron Butterfly play when they were one step up from a garage bad doesn't consider watching Ben Carson to be even closely related to entertainment. Watching paint dry is more of a rush.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Who said anything about the passing of the Affordable Care Act being correct?

LOL@ "Obamacare." Sorry, I have the tendency to use the proper names for legislation.
I was talking about the dates involved in that pile of Pelosi they stacked on us.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:36 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,036,409 times
The right wingnuts are so enamored with this Ben Carson guy I'm surprised they aren't asking him to run for president yet....or did I miss something and they already are?

Old 02-15-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
A 27 minute video?

Dude! The asteroid is scheduled to pass by in seconds. You don't go to heaven if you die while watching a youtube video.

BTW: You might want to have your gun handy in case it passes by Kansas.
The asteroid has done came and went and I didn't have to get my gun because I don't think the bullets travel fast enough to catch up with it.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:38 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Sad, but true. I don't really have much luck with that vaunted search feature on the company computer.
You've spent the entire day posting on this forum at work? I have the day off. What work is it that you do in which you are not wasting someone's dime posting here? Are you one of those guys who likes to talk about people who are lazy and don't work hard and thus are poor?

Old 02-15-2013, 12:41 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I wonder if Dr. Carson is up for this. I wonder if he knew that he would become a poster child for RWNJs. Somehow I don't think that was his intention, but you never know. Lesson learned, if I ever want my 15 minutes of fame, I need to disagree with Obama in a public forum. I'm black so I will be all over Fox News and Fauxservative blogs just for doing so.
Pretty much.
I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but, it does seem pretty calculated to me.

And now here he is, doing the Fox circuit - Hannity, Cavuto... and clearly basking in the attention.

Oh, well, I guess there isn't much else going on these days.

Fox Oohs and Aahs Endlessly Over Obama

Old 02-15-2013, 12:42 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
The right wingnuts are so enamored with this Ben Carson guy I'm surprised they aren't asking him to run for president yet....or did I miss something and they already are?
He's the negro flavor of the week.

I consider myself to rather well informed and before all this nonsense I didn't even know who the brother was and outside of C-D, I still wouldn't.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:42 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Ah yes, the left has begun its "stoning" of a Christian for disagreeing with the President of the United States and they are doing such a grand job of attempting to make him look bad before he even attempts to be a politician. They must really fear him the way they are ignoring so many of the things that Democrats did in getting the Affordable Care?? Act passed. Here is an opportunity to see some of their game playing used to get that law passed.

All of that was prelude to what happened the evening of March 21, 2010, A.D., with a rare vote not merely on a Sunday — God’s day — but the final Sunday in Lent, the week before Palm Sunday that initiates the Lord’s Passion. Obama’s healthcare bill was passed by his Democratic Congress. To Obama, Speaker Pelosi, and the Religious Left faithful, Jesus had gotten his healthcare package, and they had been his faithful handmaidens.

I bet none of this dating is correct in liberal world.

The American Spectator : The Stoning of Dr. Ben Carson
First, The American Spectator is a right wing extremist rag.

Second, what Ben Carson was referring to was this:

Quote:
“There’s no question that [President Obama] has advocated, you know, basically a policy of ‘tax the rich,’” said Carson. “I have advocated a policy that comes from the Bible, which is a very fair policy of proportional taxation. If it was good enough for God, why wouldn’t it be good enough for us? The minute you deviate away from that, you begin to get into all kinds of biases.”

In which he asks the government to use the Bible as a source for how to make law. He does sound unfrikkinbelieably nutty. I know he had prostate cancer and cut down his work a lot, so perhaps he's scared and jumping head-first into the Bible, OR he reeeeeally wants to run for office so he doesn't have to stand any more for long hours doing operations, and he figures the GOP's Bible-bangers will vote him way in.

Third, he's a right winger. Is there something good about that? Last I checked there wasn't.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:44 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,036,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
He's the negro flavor of the week.

I consider myself to rather well informed and before all this nonsense I didn't even know who the brother was and outside of C-D, I still wouldn't.
Oh I see, he's the new Herman Cain!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies