Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 04:19 PM

1,229 posts, read 1,148,217 times

Advertisements

Just admit it, you use the terms, "sensible gun regulation" "Gun safety" bla bla bla but you just want to make it like England where its near impossible for a citizen to own a gun. You may think it will make the streets safe, and that the second amendment is outdated what ever I really don't care.

But in the end you know you can't jump the hurdle of lets get rid of all guns now. But you think you can cull the weak by taking or banning the so called bad guns. The "assault weapons" . no one needs this kind of gun. No one needs more than 10 rounds in a magazine. Once these are gone are you going to tell me that that's it. You will not want any more laws banning any other weapons? BS BS BS I call on you. If you got what you wanted you would go ape crap the next time someone walked into a school with a shot gun or a movie theater with a shot gun, or took a rifle with scope and shot a school yard up and want to ban the bad assault shot gun or the bad military style sniper rifle. These guns are made for killing. The military uses a scoped rifle for killing long distance, why does a citizen need one? I know as well as the sun will rise in the east in the morning that you will not stop till its illegal to own a gun in these United States. I would have a little respect for you if you just admit it, not much but a little.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 04:24 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
None of this matters to them. They are simple minds being steered by the propaganda machine and the corporate shills we call politicians. Nothing needs to make sense, it just needs to be sold. Right now, these idiots are buying the lie that they can give up their/our rights, and be safer for it.

Like I said, simple minds.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:24 PM

45,425 posts, read 60,623,477 times
I do believe that you've come around.

And you're correct, once AR frames are banned then the next ones will be semi shotguns/rifles. Why? Because they're the "worst".

In fact, the above is already happening here in MD where, according to Del. CT Wilson (D-Charles) the only shotguns needed are bolt action.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:26 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
I own guns, and I support a universal background check and magazine size limitations.

Why would I want to ban something I already own?

Maybe you should just admit you don't have a legal or sensible argument against universal background checks and magazine size limitation? I do not support an assault weapons ban, because they are no different then the semi auto hunting rifle I have. Limiting the magazine size makes it even more so.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:26 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,398,548 times
No not really, but you can go ahead and keep buying the NRA propaganda and keep making the gun manufacturers even more rich. We don't care.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:44 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,958,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
Just admit it, you use the terms, "sensible gun regulation" "Gun safety" bla bla bla but you just want to make it like England where its near impossible for a citizen to own a gun. You may think it will make the streets safe, and that the second amendment is outdated what ever I really don't care
Quote:

But in the end you know you can't jump the hurdle of lets get rid of all guns now. But you think you can cull the weak by taking or banning the so called bad guns. The "assault weapons" . no one needs this kind of gun. No one needs more than 10 rounds in a magazine. Once these are gone are you going to tell me that that's it. You will not want any more laws banning any other weapons? BS BS BS I call on you. If you got what you wanted you would go ape crap the next time someone walked into a school with a shot gun or a movie theater with a shot gun, or took a rifle with scope and shot a school yard up and want to ban the bad assault shot gun or the bad military style sniper rifle. These guns are made for killing. The military uses a scoped rifle for killing long distance, why does a citizen need one? I know as well as the sun will rise in the east in the morning that you will not stop till its illegal to own a gun in these United States. I would have a little respect for you if you just admit it, not much but a little.

Of course. They really do not want regulations. They want to outright ban all firearms. To hell with the rights for law abiding citizens. They are more than willing to give their rights away, and they think all Americans should do the same. Leave it up to the libs and we will be like the old USSR. We will be void of all rights. They will give them away one at a time.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:50 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I own guns, and I support a universal background check and magazine size limitations.

Why would I want to ban something I already own?

Maybe you should just admit you don't have a legal or sensible argument against universal background checks and magazine size limitation? I do not support an assault weapons ban, because they are no different then the semi auto hunting rifle I have. Limiting the magazine size makes it even more so.
So you admit you support stupidity?

Old 02-15-2013, 04:53 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
No not really, but you can go ahead and keep buying the NRA propaganda and keep making the gun manufacturers even more rich. We don't care.
Again, if you think NRA represents gun manufacturers, you are wrong. The whole civilian firearm industry is a tiny tiny industry of 10 billion compared to auto industry of 450 billion.

NRA represents the millions lawful gun owners!

Old 02-15-2013, 05:04 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,035,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Again, if you think NRA represents gun manufacturers, you are wrong. The whole civilian firearm industry is a tiny tiny industry of 10 billion compared to auto industry of 450 billion.

NRA represents the millions lawful gun owners!
Actually $31.8 billion.

US gun industry is thriving. Seven key figures.

And thats because guns are so damn cheap. Buying a gun in this country, is like buying candy.

Average price of a gun $50, maybe? Average price of a car $30,000. See a difference there?

Old 02-15-2013, 05:05 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,816,616 times
Quote:
Just admit it, you use the terms, "sensible gun regulation" "Gun safety" bla bla bla but you just want to make it like England where its near impossible for a citizen to own a gun. You may think it will make the streets safe, and that the second amendment is outdated what ever I really don't care.

I'd lay off the fox and Beck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies