Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 05:12 PM

45,404 posts, read 60,592,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Actually $31.8 billion.

US gun industry is thriving. Seven key figures.

And thats because guns are so damn cheap. Buying a gun in this country, is like buying candy.

Average price of a gun $50, maybe? Average price of a car $30,000. See a difference there?
You'd think you guys would at least be able to set a realistic price. Your car number is high, your gun number is, well, nonsensical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 05:13 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
No not really, but you can go ahead and keep buying the NRA propaganda and keep making the gun manufacturers even more rich. We don't care.
It would be great if you didn't care. so wich is the lie?

Old 02-15-2013, 05:15 PM

45,404 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Perhaps you can enlighten us as to the stupidity of owning a gun? Just because your delicate little hands are afraid of them, that does not go for everyone.

Lifeexplorer's comment was in reference to Memphis1979's claim to be a gun owner who supports universal background checks and magazine restrictions.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:16 PM

552 posts, read 720,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
Just admit it, you use the terms, "sensible gun regulation" "Gun safety" bla bla bla but you just want to make it like England where its near impossible for a citizen to own a gun. You may think it will make the streets safe, and that the second amendment is outdated what ever I really don't care.

But in the end you know you can't jump the hurdle of lets get rid of all guns now. But you think you can cull the weak by taking or banning the so called bad guns. The "assault weapons" . no one needs this kind of gun. No one needs more than 10 rounds in a magazine. Once these are gone are you going to tell me that that's it. You will not want any more laws banning any other weapons? BS BS BS I call on you. If you got what you wanted you would go ape crap the next time someone walked into a school with a shot gun or a movie theater with a shot gun, or took a rifle with scope and shot a school yard up and want to ban the bad assault shot gun or the bad military style sniper rifle. These guns are made for killing. The military uses a scoped rifle for killing long distance, why does a citizen need one? I know as well as the sun will rise in the east in the morning that you will not stop till its illegal to own a gun in these United States. I would have a little respect for you if you just admit it, not much but a little.
You can actually buy a gun in the UK fairly easily from what I hear. The laws against defending yourself is what they get you with, gun or no gun.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:18 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Lifeexplorer's comment was in reference to Memphis1979's claim to be a gun owner who supports universal background checks and magazine restrictions.

Sorry. My fault. Deleted.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:24 PM

29,500 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Actually $31.8 billion.

And thats because guns are so damn cheap. Buying a gun in this country, is like buying candy.

Average price of a gun $50, maybe? Average price of a car $30,000. See a difference there?

Where can you buy a gun for $50?!?! some thug on a street corner? If your going to comment on something please be knowledgeable about it. The average is probably closer to $500 for a handgun.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:26 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
Quote:
Actually $31.8 billion.

Maybe you should leave Toys r us and price real guns. You are talking about water pistols.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:26 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
So you admit you support stupidity?
No, I admit that I don't mind having a background check for something I can buy legally.

90% of Americans agree with me. As many of them are also gun owners, either everyone is stupid, or they don't mind being checked for a legal purpose.

Remember the illegal alien laws in Arizona? When republicans said "well if they are here legally, they won't have a problem showing their id"?

Same difference

Old 02-15-2013, 05:32 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
No not really, but you can go ahead and keep buying the NRA propaganda and keep making the gun manufacturers even more rich. We don't care.
You say it is NRA propaganda, many liberal progressives here on this board and elsewhere have said before " we aren't coming after your guns, got your tinfoil on too tight today?" which they said especially before the election but then after openly went after them. The semi-honest anti-gunners at least openly said they wanted to ban *certain* guns while preserving some guns however look at who has recently created gun bans in legislation in the last couple months and they are almost exclusively....*drum roll please*......

ta da...liberal progressive democrats or at least progressive liberals. Look at NY, at Missouri, at California, at Washington state and elsewhere, not only are they now openly coming for the guns they are wanting to ban anything semi auto that includes hunting rifles not just *assault rifles*, they are limiting capacity that bans 75% of handguns, they are trying to make it so costly that it would be hard to even buy ammo.

So who instigated propaganda and who lied? Meanwhile while the progressive liberals call a AR-15 a *assault rifle* the dept of homeland security calls the very same rifle a "personal defense rifle". The chief of police of the LAPD says guns aren't for self defense but for offense yet the another police agency calls them a "personal defense weapon". So what is what? I'll tell you, it is all bulls*** and liberal progressives of the anti-gun sort are knee deep in theirs.

How can they even call themselves liberal and for civil rights when they believe only police should have these special rights? Especially given what we have seen from the L.A.P.D recently. The bill of rights and foundation of America is based on limiting elitism yet liberals often promote elitism. The other side does at times also but that is no excuse for the liberal side.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:35 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I own guns, and I support a universal background check and magazine size limitations.

Why would I want to ban something I already own?

Maybe you should just admit you don't have a legal or sensible argument against universal background checks and magazine size limitation? I do not support an assault weapons ban, because they are no different then the semi auto hunting rifle I have. Limiting the magazine size makes it even more so.
Hmmm. The background check is fine. Though, that is already in place.Thats an extra 25 bucks added at time of purchase. It's a federal requirement. What new regs would make sense to you to modify the current system?

Right now, here in NV, the NHP conducts the check, and the fees are added to their operating budget. At first, CCW holders could present our permit and the check and fee were waived, since a CCW requires a background check through the FBI.

Then, the state figured that would not do. Gotta get those taxes. That lasted about a year, and they relented on that, thanks to the efforts of a a watchdog group, not a gun rights group either, that birddogs taxpayer fleecing. CCW holders, again, are considered to be good guys. The only thing I can see changing as far as background checks go, is that the Feds will get the fees instead of your state. Of course, in keeping with the Obama mindset, the powers that be will proba ly want to set up a redundant check, so as to further tax firearm buyers. I don't mind submitting to a check, so long as it is not used to register tbe gun I am buying, and that it does not get used to open the door to unfair and punitive taxation of firearms purchases.

As to mag capacity, how do you propose to enforce that? Would you see a requirement that we all must turn in our over ten round magazines? Would this just be a repeat of the original AWB, with only new manufacture weapons to be effected? Honestly, I see a mag cap limit as totally unenforceable, unless we just trim a bit of fat off the Constitution.

So, how will all this nifty new stuff be implemented? Am I missing something here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies