Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2013, 06:54 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,924,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post

too many of those in the LGBT community have opted for the soft, contradictory and Fascistic "thinking" passed off under the tile of Political Correctness.
This is interesting, as I consider the practice of using the government to restrict who can be married and who cannot be as fascist.

Old 02-24-2013, 06:58 PM

4,768 posts, read 5,438,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by espizarro View Post
In my home island, Puerto Rico, homophobia is rampant, but the United States does not fall behind that much.

The arguments from people who do not want gay marriage to happen are basically related to religion. Here, I believe, state and religion are separate entities, and the constitution's current definition of marriage as a reason to oppose gay marriage is overwhelmingly vague, since it can be amended, it is not static.

Now there is something that worries me about people's "violent" opposition to gay marriage. Some people react as of this was a murder of an innocent person. Some people dare to compare homosexuality to some paraphilias, like pedophilia and zoophilia. I have even read people that say gays should die! Just what the heck is going on with some people? What is all this fear about? If you are not gay, then you are not gay. It's just as simple as that. While seeing two men or two women kissing could result weird today because it is not the norm to see it everyday (well at least in many parts of the world, maybe SF and Europe are exceptions), why would that bother you?

I am not gay and I support full rights for the LBGT community. I am sure of what I am. Are you?
Both religion and government happen to be part of each culture Globally, you will never be able to separate the two. Maybe technically, but not consciously.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:05 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,330,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
See what happens when you vomit your venom all over the place, people are just disgusted by it. Stop whining already will you.
The strongest "venom", and the most pitiful whining I've encountered at this site, comes from people such as yourself, as your "location" clearly illustrates for us all to see.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:16 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,811,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
The sky is the sky. The roof may be overhead but it's not the sky even if you call it that. A man and a woman may be married. Two gay people may be together but it's not marriage, even if you call it that.

It's easy to distinguish between a sky and a roof. I already had a jab at it.

If you claim gay marriage isn't the same as heterosexual marriage, back up that claim. Distinguish why they are different. Repeating rhetoric epically fails to prove your point.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:21 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,251,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
The sky is the sky. The roof may be overhead but it's not the sky even if you call it that. A man and a woman may be married. Two gay people may be together but it's not marriage, even if you call it that.
Not according to the voters in my state.

I don't know the statistics (how many marriages that have taken place since December 6), but all those couples who were granted marriage licenses, were married - legally, and for those who married in a church, spiritually as well.

You can't take that away from them - no matter what you say or what you think or what you want. In the eyes of the law, and in some cases the church, they are married.

Get over it.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:23 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,811,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse Bishop View Post
See what happens? if you even engage in a discussion of homosexual rights they all come out of the woodwork and endlessly peck peck peck and whine.
Whine? I haven't seen any whining. Just people contributing their own thoughts and experiences.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:27 PM

797 posts, read 1,343,928 times
regarding gays----------------animals having sex with the same sex don't know right from wrong.

A male will even have sex with its mother ,daughter and sister plus other males.

Humans should refrain from perversion.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse Bishop View Post
See what happens? if you even engage in a discussion of homosexual rights they all come out of the woodwork and endlessly peck peck peck and whine.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:30 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,708,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Not according to the voters in my state.

I don't know the statistics (how many marriages that have taken place since December 6), but all those couples who were granted marriage licenses, were married - legally, and for those who married in a church, spiritually as well.

You can't take that away from them - no matter what you say or what you think or what you want. In the eyes of the law, and in some cases the church, they are married.

Get over it.
You call it marriage, you may even believe it's marriage, but it's not and never will be and there is absolutely nothing you can do to change that. All you can do is label it marriage, you can't make it something it's not. A roof is still just a roof. No matter what you call it and no matter how much you want it believe to is so, it can never be the sky.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Wolf View Post
Humans should refrain from perversion.
Humans should refrain from ignorance, hate, and bigotry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies