Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2013, 05:07 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
And that position hinges on his agenda being in effect, which it wasn't and isn't. I'm not going to call Obama a liar for not being able to do what Republicans stopped him from doing.
He was not unaware that Republicans existed in the world when he made that statement, so your excuse for him isn't valid. If he had been unable to implement his policies due to some unforseen catastrophe, your point would be valid. But being unable to solve problems because not everyone agreed with him is not an excuse. Facing political opposition is a known condition of the job. If he made that statement thinking that every vote would go his way, then that naivete and incompetence makes him unfit for the job anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2013, 05:08 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Oh i've tackled quite a few on this thread. If you want to delve into the minutiae of pre- vs. post- campagin, then have at it. The bottom line is this President is the most prolific peddler of lies since Richard M. Nixon.
Ha... so if Obama tells voters that they can look forward to a bright future at their jobs if he's reelected, and an employer fires those voters b/c Obama got reelected, does that count as an Obama lie?

Old 02-26-2013, 05:11 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
He was not unaware that Republicans existed in the world when he made that statement, so your excuse for him isn't valid. If he had been unable to implement his policies due to some unforseen catastrophe, your point would be valid. But being unable to solve problems because not everyone agreed with him is not an excuse. Facing political opposition is a known condition of the job. If he made that statement thinking that every vote would go his way, then that naivete and incompetence makes him unfit for the job anyway.
Irrelevant. He had steps A-B-C to get to his goal. If he wasn't able do those steps then it's not his fault that the goal wasn't reached.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:18 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Oh i've tackled quite a few on this thread. If you want to delve into the minutiae of pre- vs. post- campagin, then have at it. The bottom line is this President is the most prolific peddler of lies since Richard M. Nixon.
Oh, pulleeeeze. He's not even the most prolific peddler of lies in the last five minutes.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:28 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
"We've excluded lobbyist's from policymaking jobs." - Barack Obama

PolitiFact | Obama says lobbyists have been excluded from policy-making jobs
Liberals can't tell fact from fiction, so your original question is lost on them.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:00 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Here's another lie:

Another Lie… Obama Said Deportations Were Up Under His Regime – They’re Not | The Gateway Pundit

Old 02-26-2013, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I'm liberal and certainly think he's done the exact opposite on many of his campaign pledges. On government transparency, War Powers, lobbyists, Social Security, expansion of military strikes, selling access for $500K, etc.

[MOD CUT/off topic]
I complimented you earlier for this post, and I still stand by that compliment, but upon re-reading I notice you couldn't bring yourself to muster the word "liar" to describe Barack Obama. He merely didn't keep his "campaign pledges." Why the dodge and weave?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 02-26-2013 at 08:46 PM.. Reason: edited quted post

Old 02-26-2013, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Oh, pulleeeeze. He's not even the most prolific peddler of lies in the last five minutes.
What I find interesting is that the liberal default response is to pivot to Mitt Romney in their defense of Barack Obama. I don't recall a single mention of George W. Bush, which seems to imply that Bush was a man of integrity, that Mitt Romney was not, and that the only logical defense to put forth is that Obama is no worse than Mitt Romney.

In other words, the de facto liberal stance is that Obama is in fact a bald-faced liar because George Bush is not even a factor in this discussion. We always knew Bush was a man of integrity and that Obama is not. Liberals confirmed that here today.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:35 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,313,628 times
Obama has a track record of treachery against his own base for sure.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:08 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
This thread is dedicated to Barack Obama's blatant, willful lies. I encourage conservatives to list their Favorite Barack Obama Lie and Falsehood™, and I implore liberals to defend those lies and their incessant, unwavering support for the Liar-In-Chief.

I'll start:

"My budget will cut the deficit by $4 Trillion over 10 years." - Barack Obama

Factcheck.org
Did you really just post a link that destroys your own point, LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies