Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 05:26 PM

77 posts, read 82,208 times

Advertisements

He is a loathsome creature.

Happily, more of his days on the high court are behind him than ahead of him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 05:26 PM

340 posts, read 496,044 times
That is just a cheap way to dismiss ideas you don't like.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:29 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samcrow2 View Post
That is just a cheap way to dismiss ideas you don't like.
Very true.

I still havnt received a single reply to my posts that actually outlined what the case is actually about, people are too worried about being offended.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:41 PM

77 posts, read 82,208 times
Of course he's a racist -- in his concurring opinion in Arizona v. United States, he used the fact that after the Civil War Southern states enacted laws prohibiting the internal migration of freed slaves as legal precedence for the Arizona law.

He's also a raging hypocrite, demanding originalism, then ruling that the word 'people' and 'persons' in the Constitution applies to corporations (yeah, the Founders meant that, Antonin... uh huh ). He arrogantly insists that only the law, not the effects of a potential judicial ruling, are relevant to a decision, then rails against the majority opinion in Lawrence v. Texas because... of the effects the ruling will have. Scalia and his (unfortunately young) clone, Alito, are repugnant.

I don't have much use for Clarence Thomas, but at least his rulings are internally consistent and logically coherent from one to the next.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:00 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
That piece of crap is a racist.
Thanks for epitomizing the stance of the left. No quote, no link, no evidence just an accusation. Sentence first, verdict aftwards!" per Alice in Wonderland.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:04 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,063,483 times
There should be some national standards for voting but other than that, forcing a handful of states to report any change of policies to the Fed is unnecessary. I'm not sure if it's "unconstitutional" but unnecessary.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:09 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
There should be some national standards for voting but other than that, forcing a handful of states to report any change of policies to the Fed is unnecessary. I'm not sure if it's "unconstitutional" but unnecessary.
I think it will end up being unconstitutional 5-4

Old 02-27-2013, 06:12 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,036,586 times
Yes he is a racist but we knew that before today.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:14 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
The Voting Rights Act is a "perpetuation of Racial Entitlement"? This is a Justice of our Supreme Court?
This does not make him racist.

Alot of right wingers feel that it is no longer, my problem is they have no proof. Krystal Ball said that 81% of the voter rights complains that won their cases came from the states that are part of the Voter rights act, she mentioned the source, but i cant remember it.

We still have a problem in this nation.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:14 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
The Voting Rights Act is a "perpetuation of Racial Entitlement"? This is a Justice of our Supreme Court?
Very likely he is. And it's clear by his record of comments, he's a hard core right wing partisan.

Objective legal scholars have noted how unprofessional his comments/actions have been that may give some the "impression" of him being biased. You don't do that when you are a SCOTUS Judge.

Quail hunting with Dick Cheney just as an example.

He's just getting senile and we'll be rid of this guy soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies