Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 07:42 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,473,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Is that what the left wing media is emphasizing. When Obama came into office gas was $1.80 a gallon. I guess they don't mention that fact. Only that it dropped a penny this week. lol

Man, you people don't even realize that every time you put something out there in defense of your god its so easily shot down with the truth. The only time you believe anything is if MSM tells you so. Your a follower.
This conversation is over. Your tin hat conspiracy theory of the left wing media and blaming Obama for gas prices tells me that you are a whack job.

Take care. Have fun in your lalalalala-land.

p.s. It is becoming painful watching RWNJ descend into accusations that FRED, BLS, CPBB, CBO, Nate Silver, and other valid sources of data are the long arm of a liberal media that wishes to subvert society for an evil cause.

The accusations by RWNJ are just becoming more outlandish by the day. Then again, what does one expect from someone who does not believe in evidence, but has to resort to conspiracy theories to make their case?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 08:16 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,385,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
It is amusing watching you lie. Do you lie often, and then turn around and blame others?

1. I never said that tax revenues went down under Bush.

2. Bush took office in 2001, not in 2000. We need to look at data from 2001 to 2008. Tax revenues hardly increased, despite a long period of economic growth.

3. If Republicans never cut taxes in the first place since they were afraid that we were going to balance the budget, then tax revenues would be much higher, and our financial problems would be much less severe.

This idea that we need to explode deficits during times of economic growth and contract deficits during economic downturns is pure insanity.
OK fine, we'll use your preferred years. Revenue was $2.215.3 trillion in 2001, $2288.1 in 2008. Not exactly a sea change due to the Bush tax RATE cuts, n'est ce pas?

Old 02-27-2013, 08:20 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,706,273 times
So, before the sequester even starts, Obama tells ICE to release all the criminal illegal aliens back into the population????
This makes absolutely no sense what so ever.

Judge sentenced criminals, to be set free. He is begging to be removed from office.

Old 02-27-2013, 08:53 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,662,514 times
Ben Bernanke who knows a lot more about the fiscal situation of the nation than either you or I, testified to Congress yesterday that the looming spending cuts will have an adverse effect on the economy, and compromise the fragile recovery that is taking place.

Bernanke repeats testimony to Congress | Reuters

Old 02-27-2013, 08:59 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,773,122 times
Quote:
OH MY... THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END... Obama will have to cut spending... THE WORLD IS ENDING!
There is no spending cut. It's a reduction in the spending increase.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:05 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,779,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
There is no spending cut. It's a reduction in the spending increase.
You are right. It is a reduction in spending. Even after the reduction we will still be spending more than we did last year.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Ben Bernanke who knows a lot more about the fiscal situation of the nation than either you or I, testified to Congress yesterday that the looming spending cuts will have an adverse effect on the economy, and compromise the fragile recovery that is taking place.

Bernanke repeats testimony to Congress | Reuters

And theeeeeere is the set up for the great blame game ahead. Obama knows that his tax hike will hurt the economy so he and his cronies are setting up using sequestration as a way to blame instead of Obama increasing taxes.

OBAMA WANTS SEQUESTRATION. He said he would veto any attempt to stop it.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:10 PM

Quote:
This conversation is over. Your tin hat conspiracy theory of the left wing media and blaming Obama for gas prices tells me that you are a whack job.

Take care. Have fun in your lalalalala-land.

p.s. It is becoming painful watching RWNJ descend into accusations that FRED, BLS, CPBB, CBO, Nate Silver, and other valid sources of data are the long arm of a liberal media that wishes to subvert society for an evil cause.

The accusations by RWNJ are just becoming more outlandish by the day. Then again, what does one expect from someone who does not believe in evidence, but has to resort to conspiracy theories to make their case?
lol, I'm shocked I disagree with you and you didn't resort to the usual racist attack lol. Man you are slipping.

But since I reminded you... some leftie will check in and do it for you.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:49 PM

Quote:
I find it amusing that you blame Clinton for Bush's mess, but then want to write off Bush's mess when talking about Obama.

I don't care much for Clinton, Bush, or Obama. I don't play a team sport. However, I have no problem pointing out your inconsistencies. For instance, you claimed that Bush inherited "a dot-com NASDAQ collapse that lowered revenues and increased tax write offs."

Look at tax receipt data for 2001 and 2002 and compare it to 2009 and 2010.
Historical Amount of Revenue by Source

Sorry, but Obama inherited a much worse situation then Bush. At least after the dot-com bubble, there was still some substance left - advancements in telecommunication, computers, software, etc. At least during the dot com bubble we invested into America, which cannot be said about the housing bubble.
Subprime Housing Bubble Collapse Was Facilitated By Obama Lawsuit In 1995 - Investors.com Subprime Housing Bubble Collapse Was Facilitated By Obama Lawsuit In 1995 - Investors.com

But he blames Bush. Go figure.

Citibank would settle the case, with $950,000 going to the lawyers, including Obama. But it gave only $20,000 to each of the three named plaintiffs, and included $360,000 in benefits to be divided among the 183 other clients. Their portion of the settlement was not in cash, but in coupons. About half of the 186 African-American clients in Obama's lawsuit have since gone bankrupt or received foreclosure notices.

Try again.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:03 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,473,341 times
Quote:
Subprime Housing Bubble Collapse Was Facilitated By Obama Lawsuit In 1995 - Investors.com Subprime Housing Bubble Collapse Was Facilitated By Obama Lawsuit In 1995 - Investors.com

But he blames Bush. Go figure.

Citibank would settle the case, with $950,000 going to the lawyers, including Obama. But it gave only $20,000 to each of the three named plaintiffs, and included $360,000 in benefits to be divided among the 183 other clients. Their portion of the settlement was not in cash, but in coupons. About half of the 186 African-American clients in Obama's lawsuit have since gone bankrupt or received foreclosure notices.

Try again.

Obama caused the sub-prime housing bubble back in '95 - even before Al Gore invented the internet???

Seriously, the stupidity that comes out of these people is amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies