Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 02:24 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,308,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post

I get it...men "know the risks"...when they engage in consensual sex and therefore should redeem the consequneces of their actions...

Meanwhile, women are helpless harlots

The liberal has made her point.
Helpless harlots?
So we see how you feel about all women, don't we?
Arguing biology isn't getting you anywhere.
A female doesn't get pregnant without the introduction of sperm.

Yeah, that's really how it happens.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Not arguing with biology sounds reasonable and simplifies the issue. If a pregnancy occurs, you let biology play out. This eliminates the concept of choice. Good call!
Do you do the same with cancer?
Or do you remove it if it offends you?

Old 03-04-2013, 02:31 PM

37,152 posts, read 42,269,129 times
Quote:
I have not received an answer as of yet and This thread is no different.
The root of this is that your mind is starting with a "standard" that isn't real then you apply a "double standard" to that. You HAVE to start with reality or nothing is going to make sense to you. Ever. There is no such thing as what you are trying to create in your head.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:58 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,175,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Do you do the same with cancer?
Or do you remove it if it offends you?
Biologically, the human body fights cancer. Healthcare providers aide the human body in that biological process.

Biologically, the human body supports pregnancy. Healthcare providers should aide the human body in that biological process.

Like you said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You're not going to argue with biology now, are you?

Last edited by NJBest; 03-04-2013 at 03:29 PM..

Old 03-04-2013, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Biologically, the human body fights cancer. Healthcare providers aide the human body in that biological process.

Biologically, the human body supports pregnancy. Healthcare providers should aide the human body in that biological process.

Like you said:
If the human body fights cancer, why do thousands and thousands die of it per year.
It's a losing battle, especially without medical intervention.
See mastectomies.
SEER Cancer Statistics
Cancer Statistics Home Page - National Cancer Institute
CDC Features - United States Cancer Statistics (USCS)

If the body supports pregnancy, do tell me why there are so many spontaneous abortions (miscarriages) per year.
Miscarriage statistics - Tommy's
Estimating the probability of spontaneous abortion in the presence of induced abortion and vice versa.
https://sites.google.com/site/miscar...rriage-general
Overall miscarriage risk is 17-22%; risk after gestational sac is visible is 12-15%

Miscarriage is one of the most frequent problems in human pregnancy. The most widely accepted definition is that proposed by the World Health Organization in 1977. The incidence among clinical pregnancies (a pregnancy that is confirmed by both high levels of hCG and ultrasound confirmation of a gestational sac) is about 12-15%, but including early pregnancy losses it is 17-22%.

So the body supports pregnancy?

Old 03-05-2013, 08:24 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,470,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
The root of this is that your mind is starting with a "standard" that isn't real then you apply a "double standard" to that. You HAVE to start with reality or nothing is going to make sense to you. Ever. There is no such thing as what you are trying to create in your head.
Really? There's no such thing as women giving up babies for adoption? That's just a fantasy I've created in my head?

Old 03-06-2013, 06:08 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,069,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Really? There's no such thing as women giving up babies for adoption? That's just a fantasy I've created in my head?
Since when can a mother put up a baby for adoption without the father's consent?

If a man is that worried about what happens with his sperm, he should keep tabs on his "deposits" and any pregnancies that may come about.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:26 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,276,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Since when can a mother put up a baby for adoption without the father's consent?

If a man is that worried about what happens with his sperm, he should keep tabs on his "deposits" and any pregnancies that may come about.
Condoms have about a 14% annual failure rate.

Nurse: What name do we put for the Father?
Mother: I don't know the father.
Nurse: Oh, ok. We will put unknown.

Adoption center: Hello.
Mother: I want to give my baby up for adoption. I don't know who the father is.
Adopt. Center: Ok, Fill this out.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:52 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,069,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Condoms have about a 14% annual failure rate.

Nurse: What name do we put for the Father?
Mother: I don't know the father.
Nurse: Oh, ok. We will put unknown.

Adoption center: Hello.
Mother: I want to give my baby up for adoption. I don't know who the father is.
Adopt. Center: Ok, Fill this out.
And I said, if a man is that concerned about a pregnancy that may come about.....he should keep tabs on his "deposits"......then he will know if the woman becomes pregnant and can step in and take possession of the baby if she tries to put it up for adoption.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:11 AM

797 posts, read 1,345,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
I do not believe that fathers have enough say in whether or not a woman carrying their fetus should have an abortion.

As it stands, a woman can abort a fetus despite whatever opinion the father may have on the issue. If he wants her to keep the fetus, she can still abort. If he doesn't want her to keep the fetus, she can abort.

What about the scenarios where the man DOESN'T want her to keep the fetus and the woman refuses to abort! This is wrong to me. I think if the father wants the pregnancy terminated the mother should follow through with his wishes and end the pregnacy.

I think in order for a pregnancy to come to term their needs to be MUTUAL consent on whether or not to have a baby. If either parent is in disagreement then the fetus should be aborted promptly.

What do you all think? As a very pro-choice person I think there needs to be consent from both parties before a child is born.

I consider myself the opposite of you ( I'm strongly anti-abortion) however you raise some good points and I agree that the father should have input.

In fact, since abortion is legal...............it should be treated like a car wreck.

Here are the way they should be similar----------

guy gets girl pregnant and admits to be the future father ..........guy driving totals out girl car and is proven to be at fault

In 2nd scenario, he would have to pay for fixing the car or the blue book value of the car ( whichever is LESS )

In first scenario, the guy should have to pay for the cost of the abortion or child support until 18 ( whichever is LESS )

He should be ordered to pay child support only if he is against her having an abortion.
He should not have to pay for the abortion if he is willing to support the child.

That certainly is not my pro-life view, but if abortion is legal it should be the way I described.

If not, why not ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies