Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 01:25 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,071 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry, but the woman can notify, but she is not obligated to do as he asks. If he tells her to keep the fetus and she doesn't want to, then he needs to find a way to transfer fetus to a surrogate or to himself, or get off his high and mighty pedestal and forget it.

The day that a (natural) man can get pregnant and bring a baby to full term is the day that there will be gender equality fully reached.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:03 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,041,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
True indeed...but um what can be done about this? In the case of adoption the father can get his child back if he finds out. That's the thing though....if the mother or the father goes away what can be done? As far as abortion goes...I really don't see a way to make the ideas of some of the posters reality?

What can be done? Make every woman of child bearing age pee on a stick monthly? Will men start tracking the periods of their hook-ups and ONS?
We could establish a DNA holding company for men who are concerned that their sperm may be incubated without their knowledge.

Before any child can be adopted out without a father's consent, the database would have to be checked.

That way, baby daddy can step up and claim the child.

One problem.....I doubt there are very many men out there who care enough about what happens to their sperm to even sign up. LOL

Old 03-06-2013, 08:44 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,140,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
I'm sorry, but the woman can notify, but she is not obligated to do as he asks. If he tells her to keep the fetus and she doesn't want to, then he needs to find a way to transfer fetus to a surrogate or to himself, or get off his high and mighty pedestal and forget it.

The day that a (natural) man can get pregnant and bring a baby to full term is the day that there will be gender equality fully reached.

This rationale has never made much sense to me. This can be said about anything...This is the same thing as saying dont judge a person until you walk a mile in their shoes and that sort of thing. In which case, why does anybody have a say over anything another person does with their body if they arent harming anyone else aside from themselves?.. Why should anyone have to use their body to work, if people who are naturally disabled can vote to raise our taxes?... One can say the day that another person buys my home or pays the mortgage on it, is the day they can tell me not to sell cocaine out of it. It just seems like such shallow logic, if applied universally.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:45 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
This rationale has never made much sense to me. This can be said about anything...This is the same thing as saying dont judge a person until you walk a mile in their shoes and that sort of thing. In which case, why does anybody have a say over anything another person does with their body if they arent harming anyone else aside from themselves?.. Why should anyone have to use their body to work, if people who are naturally disabled can vote to raise our taxes?... One can say the day that another person buys my home or pays the mortgage on it, is the day they can tell me not to sell cocaine out of it. It just seems like such shallow logic, if applied universally.
Biology really can't be applied universally to non biological matters, like mortgages and selling cocaine.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:04 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,140,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Biology really can't be applied universally to non biological matters, like mortgages and selling cocaine.
Dont forget the disability/taxes analogy also...But of course it can...biology and more importantly, the obligations that are forged by our relationships to one another and our relation to the rest of society, can be applied to anything humans do because everything we do is driven by our sociobiology...our very existence makes it so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies