Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2013, 06:44 PM

2,134 posts, read 3,043,403 times

Advertisements

CD has a new thread about this every other month.

What's the point about debating something that can NEVER be enforced?

Let's say they came up with some law requiring the man to sign a consent.....well she can drag any man to the clinic and claim he is the father.

A woman doesn't have to even tell the man she is pregnant and she can have an abortion before she shows or even has morning sickness if she is fast about it.

What's a man going to do? Will he get a calendar to track her period so he will know she is late?
Make his gf or wife pee on a stick once a month?

OP you can rail at the "injustice" of it all but there is no way to enforce your fantasy.

Old 03-03-2013, 06:50 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
What's the point about debating something that can NEVER be enforced?

We have debates about things that will never happen, never be enforced, and are less realistic then Unicorns crapping gold bars for you.

Its politics and other controversies, debating them for no reason is what we do. Now what gets me is that people won't bring back the old threads that have already had a lot of discussion and information, so you've got to go and pull it all up again.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:34 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Zombie - I think you like to make outlandish statements just to see what happens.

How about he take her to court and demand repayemnt? Not dramatic enough?
I'm going by that the law allows the woman to collect even though it isn't the man's biological child (the links shootings4life linked to imply this, I didn't read them though). If that's true the only option is to kill her, and I completely support a man in that circumstance.

Another circumstance I support a man to kill his partner is during a marriage, if the wife cuckolds him with a child that is not his.

If my position is so extreme then men wouldn't rep me saying they would do the same. But they have.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
How very pro-life of you. LMAO
I've always made the distinction: I'm not pro-life, I'm pro INNOCENT life. A woman who would do that deserves to die.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:39 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,436,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Often though you have scenarios where the woman lies about being on birth control to purposely get pregnant. This happens a lot because women think if they have a man's baby then the man will stay with them. That isn't fair to the man at all.
I wouldn't be sleeping with a woman who try something like that in the first place. I'm single, 51 and never married, close a couple of times but, stayed single..sexually I'm straight as an arrow and in my lifetime, I've had to worry even once about anything like this. It's simple, I only slept with women that saw a possible future...there was no question as to whether or not they were on BC and when they weren't, I covered up. I even paid attention to roughly when they would be ovulating if they weren't on the pill (in case of a condom malfunction). I paid attention in sex ed class...it's not that complicated.

I guess if guys want to sex with women they hardly know and think they don't have to worry about BC, then this an issue for men like that.

Last edited by Danno3314; 03-03-2013 at 08:02 PM..

Old 03-03-2013, 07:55 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
I've always made the distinction: I'm not pro-life, I'm pro INNOCENT life. A woman who would do that deserves to die.
We don't sentence people to death over money in this country....man or woman.....too bad for you.

You might find living in the middle east more to your liking....someone with beliefs like yours doesn't belong in this country.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:55 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,436,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
This debate has been done until we've all nearly passed out.

As one of the first posters of this thread...I 'll say what I've always said, if the argument is that a woman should have a choice as to what to do with her own body--then a man should have a choice as to do with his own money.

If no one should be able to force a woman to be a biological mother--no one should be able to force a man to be a father financially. He should have the option not to be added to the birth certifcate and be absolved of any and all responsibilities just as a woman would with an abortion.

Fair is fair.

If the pro abortionists don't like it--then they should heed their own advice and keep their legs closed until they find a man who wants that responsibility.
I could never ignore or sign off on a life I helped create. It's not alimony the man pays, it's child support and both incomes are taken into consideration when it's determined (including your spouse or bed's if either of you later marry). The choice a man has and makes is when you have and who you have it with and when you do that you are automatically accepting the responsibilities that come with possibly creating a life. It's not a matter of money. IMO, any man that's not mature enough to understand that, is not mature enough to be having sex in the first place...then again, I guess they're also not going to be mature enough to realize that either.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
We don't sentence people to death over money in this country....man or woman.....too bad for you.

You might find living in the middle east more to your liking....someone with beliefs like yours doesn't belong in this country.
In the ME, women like that are taken care of. This country needs me to help out. If I can be put on just one of those juries, or convince one man who gets put on one of those juries, I would have done justice.

Old 03-03-2013, 08:07 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
That's how it is, I posted stories about that happening earlier in the thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
I could never ignore or sign off on a life I helped create. It's not alimony the man pays, it's child support and both incomes are taken into consideration when it's determined (including your spouse or bed's if either of you later marry). The choice a man has and makes is when you have and who you have it with and when you do that you are automatically accepting the responsibilities that come with possibly creating a life. It's not a matter of money. IMO, any man that's not mature enough to understand that, is not mature enough to be having sex in the first place...then again, I guess they're also not going to be mature enough to realize that either.
Not quite. Child support generally follows a pretty standard formula, approx. 20% of your income off the top for the first kid. It doesn't matter what the cost to raise the kid is or if the money is spent on the kid as long as you pay. If you lose your job the courts assume you can still make the same amount, even if there is a recession and wages fall.

Old 03-03-2013, 08:10 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,482,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
What about the scenarios where the man DOESN'T want her to keep the fetus and the woman refuses to abort! This is wrong to me. I think if the father wants the pregnancy terminated the mother should follow through with his wishes and end the pregnacy.
You talk about "mutual consent" and claim to be pro-choice, but this line makes it clear you want to take the choice completely away from women and give it to men.

I work in family law. I deal with child support cases every day. Frankly, I am sick to death of men who aren't even responsible enough to wear condoms saying they should have a say in what choices women make about their bodies and their lives. If a man uses condoms correctly and consistently, his chances of impregnating someone by accident are nearly zero. BE A MAN. Take responsibility for your own life and stop whining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies