Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 07:51 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,197,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
Isn't Kentucky where you are, in the Bible belt?
Currently, yes. Moving to kentucky 6 years ago from Chicago was one of my life's biggest mistakes. I plan to depart. Never again will I consider living South.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2007, 08:11 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,428,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Currently, yes. Moving to kentucky 6 years ago from Chicago was one of my life's biggest mistakes. I plan to depart. Never again will I consider living South.

Is Tennessee the same? A lot of dissafected Floridians are considering moving to *real Dixie* to escape. Maybe you should travel up to the Florida forum to warn them!

Old 10-26-2007, 08:15 AM

104 posts, read 366,099 times
PLEASE SECEDE FROM THE U.S.!!!!!! TAKE ARIZONA, NEW MEXICO, WITH YOU! POSSIBLY TEXAS TOO! OK, so maybe split Texas up. GIVE THEM TO MEXICO! Wait. We already did that.

Old 10-26-2007, 08:18 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,511,676 times
California Republic

"... Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just
powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any Form
of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right
of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new
Government, laying its foundation on such principles and
organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most
likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

-- United States Declaration of Independence

Californians are ruled by a corrupt hostile federal government at the mercy of the other non-progressive states. This is not our way.

Why should Californians be ruled by anyone other than Californians?

Our innovation will go through the roof without having to abide by federal laws, think about patent laws, stem cell research, aerospace, software.

Think of how much we could progress without the other states holding us back.

Old 10-26-2007, 08:29 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,923,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
California Republic

"... Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just
powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any Form
of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right
of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new
Government, laying its foundation on such principles and
organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most
likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

-- United States Declaration of Independence

Californians are ruled by a corrupt hostile federal government at the mercy of the other non-progressive states. This is not our way.

Why should Californians be ruled by anyone other than Californians?

Our innovation will go through the roof without having to abide by federal laws, think about patent laws, stem cell research, aerospace, software.

Think of how much we could progress without the other states holding us back.
good points.. but where would you be without the northwest states supplying you electricity.. and the inter-mountian rivers supplying water... you wouldn't get too far without the rest of us....

Old 10-26-2007, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
good points.. but where would you be without the northwest states supplying you electricity.. and the inter-mountian rivers supplying water... you wouldn't get too far without the rest of us....
The simple answer would be import it, until we could innovate something.
It would be worth it in the long run, we could also import electricity from Mexico.

Old 10-26-2007, 09:50 AM

104 posts, read 366,099 times
I'm all for States being separate from each other. Get the elephant off our back and watch us take pride in our own state. It may even get more people involved in their local community and state gov't. Eventually I think it will happen anyways.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:29 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,400,224 times
I'M RUNNING AWAY! Seriously. I'm going. I CAN'T LIVE IN THIS HOUSE ANYMORE! Seiously! I'm GOING!!!!

-silence-

I'LL DO IT!

-silence-

SERIOUSLY!

-silence-

Mom? Dad? Didn't you hear me say I'm going to run away?

Old 10-26-2007, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
I'M RUNNING AWAY! Seriously. I'm going. I CAN'T LIVE IN THIS HOUSE ANYMORE! Seiously! I'm GOING!!!!

-silence-

I'LL DO IT!

-silence-

SERIOUSLY!

-silence-

Mom? Dad? Didn't you hear me say I'm going to run away?
Are you saying California doesn't have the fortitude to secede? I'll give you a chance to edit your post to add something intelligent to the conversation

Old 10-26-2007, 10:40 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,153,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Californians,

In the top 10 largest economies of the world, with prodigious industry, a diverse population, rich natural resources, and a growing rift with the federal government, why is California sharing a budget with the rest of the states when we could be enjoying our very own Republic?

I realize it federally cannot happen. However hypothetically, if California were able, would it be better off as its own country?

Economy of California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I wish it would; I'm sick to death of California and its problems...we'll do fine without it. Then we could regulate the flow of Californians moving to Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies