Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 05:19 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Perfect example of the I'm talking about.

I swear, it just never ends. Thousands of years all of a sudden means nothing.
Can you prove that? You know more than National Geographic scientists, who have studied this in the past? As I said, this is not some quirky new theory. It is known that they are not native to the continent. The question is only when did they arrive, and from where? National Geographic advanced some possible answers. If you think you are smarter than National Geographic scientists, then publish your own series. I'll be standing by laughing at you.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-08-2013 at 07:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2013, 05:24 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
My great great grandmother was full blooded Cherokee, so I guess I'm good either way.

People really need to stop living in the past. My great great great grandfather was a civil war officer, the war drove away his wife and young son out if Nashville to live in Mississippi during the duration of the war. I guess I could be bitter about that, since they didn't own slaves, but I use my family history as a way of knowing where I came from, not to feel sorry about myself.
Seriously? You're gonna play the "full blooded Cherokee" card in 2013?

And no one said anything about feeling sorry for themselves.

Old 03-08-2013, 05:27 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Seriously? You're gonna play the "full blooded Cherokee" card in 2013?

And no one said anything about feeling sorry for themselves.
I don't really see myself as being Cherokee or Irish, but if were going by the logic that people should feel bad about what happened 150-800 years ago, then my family ancestry is pertinent to the argument.

Old 03-08-2013, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Can you prove that? You know more than National Geographic scientists, who have studied this in the past? As I said, this is not some quirky new theory. It is known that they are not native to the continent. The question is only when did they arrive, and from where? National Geographic advanced some possible answers. If you think you are smarter than National Geographic scientists, then publish your own series. I'll be standing by laughing at you.
Yea...I get it. The Indians got here the day before Columbus did. I understand.

Old 03-08-2013, 05:29 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
My great great grandmother was full blooded Cherokee, so I guess I'm good either way.

People really need to stop living in the past. My great great great grandfather was a civil war officer, the war drove away his wife and young son out if Nashville to live in Mississippi during the duration of the war. I guess I could be bitter about that, since they didn't own slaves, but I use my family history as a way of knowing where I came from, not to feel sorry about myself.
That Cherokee thing again........

Old 03-08-2013, 05:33 AM

Quote:
I don't really see myself as being Cherokee or Irish, but if were going by the logic that people should feel bad about what happened 150-800 years ago, then my family ancestry is pertinent to the argument.
Well, lemme ask this....

Is there anything in history that we should feel bad about?

Old 03-08-2013, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
That Cherokee thing again........
Quote:
See answer above

Old 03-08-2013, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Well, lemme ask this....

Is there anything in history that we should feel bad about?

During my lifetime, the second Iraq war. My grandfather could feel bad about the Japanese internment I suppose. My dad about segragation, Vietnam, some other stuff. But I have German ancestors also, doesn't mean I feel bad about the Holocaust.

I grew up in a Christian household, I don't feel responsible for the crusades.

Old 03-08-2013, 05:51 AM

Quote:
During my lifetime, the second Iraq war. My grandfather could feel bad about the Japanese internment I suppose. My dad about segragation, Vietnam, some other stuff. But I have German ancestors also, doesn't mean I feel bad about the Holocaust.

I grew up in a Christian household, I don't feel responsible for the crusades.
Ok...fine.

But the Cherokee thing is kinda...well, err..forget it.

Old 03-08-2013, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Ok...fine.

But the Cherokee thing is kinda...well, err..forget it.

I agree with you, its silly. I'm using that to point out how silly it is that people still talk about reparations for slaves and native Americans, whose ancestors were treated awfully 200-800 years ago. I'm as much related to the first Americans as people living on reservations today. I think the whole idea of reparations and feeling sorry for them is stupid.

Its just like Israel, the Palestinians had more of a claim to that land then the European Jews did, but see what happens when we start feeling bad for people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies