Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 01:56 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
And this is why you will not win in 2016. Because you assume that everyone who doesn't agree with you is a Liberal. But we are not. People who are in the center of Americans politics and registered Independents like me find your extreme conservatism to be a complete turn-off. And until the Republican party stops trying to ram their social conservatism and religious beliefs down our throats they are going to continue losing.

And that might be a lesson that your buddy Rand Paul could take on board.
The Democratic Party has moved so far to the fringe left that you probally do think that you are in the center - but you are mistaken. The center is occupied by conservatives - so if you truly do call yourself a centrist independent, you want to vote for Republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2013, 01:56 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,063,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
I posted something relevant to the thread that you failed to address. Do Police often deny citizens due process or not?
Did you or would you have posed the same question related to using drones on American citizens within US borders to then President Bush?
Your post basically was criticizing someone for defending your civil rights because you think he wouldn't have done the same under Bush.

Why the hell is that important as long as he stands for your rights? Better late than never. I hate this type of thinking. I won't dignify the rest with a response.

Old 03-09-2013, 01:57 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,036,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
Not surprising seeing as she was put up against Christie, Ryan and Rubio.....
Christie and Ryan will never get the GOP nod.

Nice try though.

Rand Paul 2016
And you believe Rand Paul will beat those 3 in the primary?!!

Old 03-09-2013, 01:57 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,063,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
This tells me all I need to know about you. Mrs Clinton enjoys probably the highest approval rating of any political figure out there.
Rand Paul OTOH
Because no one knows what she does to dislike her. Just get her in front of the poodle, and see who wins.

Old 03-09-2013, 01:59 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,924,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The Democratic Party has moved so far to the fringe left that you probally do think that you are in the center - but you are mistaken. The center is occupied by conservatives - so if you truly do call yourself a centrist independent, you want to vote for Republicans.
Then it would appear that the majority of the country must have moved to your 'fringe left' when they re-elected Obama.

Alternatively, you may wish to leave that fantasy land which imagines that a conservative is in the center of American politics.

The sad thing is that you have learned nothing from the last election.

Old 03-09-2013, 02:02 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
Because no one knows what she does to dislike her. Just get her in front of the poodle, and see who wins.
Really hung up on that poodle, aren't ya?

Old 03-09-2013, 02:03 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,944,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Thanks for that...I was wondering how I should vote.

Old 03-09-2013, 02:20 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,818,446 times
sj. I know it will surprise you but many presidents have used prepared materials for speeches. Teleprompters are relatively recent but the equivalent were used well before then.

One of the most famous presidential speeches ever made - Gettysburg Address - was prepared before the event by Lincoln
himself.

Old 03-09-2013, 02:22 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,579,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
And this is why you will not win in 2016. Because you assume that everyone who doesn't agree with you is a Liberal. But we are not. People who are in the center of Americans politics and registered Independents like me find your extreme conservatism to be a complete turn-off. And until the Republican party stops trying to ram their social conservatism and religious beliefs down our throats they are going to continue losing.

And that might be a lesson that your buddy Rand Paul could take on board.
I'm not Republican
I am not socially conservative.

Rand Paul believes in leaving social issues to the States. I agree with that. That is hardly socially conservative.

Rand Paul 2016

Old 03-09-2013, 02:23 PM

957 posts, read 758,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
Your post basically was criticizing someone for defending your civil rights because you think he wouldn't have done the same under Bush.

Why the hell is that important as long as he stands for your rights? Better late than never. I hate this type of thinking. I won't dignify the rest with a response.
I never took the position that my Civil Rights were under attack, so he wasn't defending my Civil Rights. I'm sure Rand Paul is also a card carrying member of the ACLU, right?
Like I said, any rational person wouldn't take the position that the President is going to use drones against them on American soil.
All Rand Paul was doing was making a spectacle of himself. Hey Look at me!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies