Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 12:05 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,476,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Fox News talking points much?
No, truth much.

Quote:
Do I have to start on the infamous Republican Joe Wilson "You Lie!!" shout in the middle of a congress meeting, the GOP "secret meeting" to hold the country hostage and disrupt the Obama presidency before he was inaugurated, the McConnell "highest priority is to make Obama a one term president" speech, the Tea Party "birther" craziness, etc etc .. there is literally tons of material of GOP led insanity against Obama, but I will just stop there and not embarrass you further.
None of this is relevant. You said Obama was classier than Carson. What other Republicans did is wholly irrelevant to that. Only what Obama has done and what Carson has done is relevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2013, 12:06 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,303,770 times
I don't think he comes across well enough.

He's a smart doctor with right leaning political views. So what? On the surface, that might seem like an anomaly, but i'm sure it's more common than most of you think.

Besides that, what does he have to offer? I've watched him several times since the Prayer Breakfast, and he isn't really saying anything that i haven't heard before.

Ok, so Republicans wanna say the same things except that they think it'll sell better wrapped in a black package just because he's a successful doctor?

I wouldn't put much stock into that. But hey, i've been wrong a million times before and maybe i'm wrong now.

Old 03-18-2013, 12:07 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,734,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I believe he announced his pending retirement some time back. Before his Prayer Breakfast speech.

I'd vote for him. Because he's black. And cool.

That's how we got Obama.

Quote:
Fox News talking points much?

Do I have to start on the infamous Republican Joe Wilson "You Lie!!" shout in the middle of a congress meeting, the GOP "secret meeting" to hold the country hostage and disrupt the Obama presidency before he was inaugurated, the McConnell "highest priority is to make Obama a one term president" speech, the Tea Party "birther" craziness, etc etc .. there is literally tons of material of GOP led insanity against Obama, but I will just stop there and not embarrass you further.
If he wasn't being truthful, then he was lying. Is there another alternative??
I'm sorry McConnell didn't succeed.

You're right, there's so much insanity in our government today -- anything that is against the present administration is insanity. Glad you didn't open up that spigot. We could go on for pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post

Like a couple dogs watching a scientist work.
They look like they have absolutely no clue what he's talking about.

Old 03-18-2013, 12:14 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,924,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post

Well we can already see that he tries to pass himself off as an "independent" yet is a constant presence on the far right wing Hannity show and makes appearances at ultra conservative conferences such as CPAC espousing conservative viewpoints. He has also admitted he was trying to troll Obama and has already made the statement that many blacks "dont think for themselves". So yes I would like for him to jump into politics

Old 03-18-2013, 12:28 PM

12,983 posts, read 13,731,612 times
Surgeon General ,for sure!

Old 03-18-2013, 12:43 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,070,304 times
Quote:
Well we can already see that he tries to pass himself off as an "independent" yet is a constant presence on the far right wing Hannity show and makes appearances at ultra conservative conferences such as CPAC espousing conservative viewpoints. He has also admitted he was trying to troll Obama and has already made the statement that many blacks "dont think for themselves". So yes I would like for him to jump into politics
Why so you can falsely label him as a racist, Uncle Tom?

Too late, the left wing nut job brigade has already attacked this man for making your messiah and his lap dog look like complete morons on national TV.

Old 03-18-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Oh they have a clue, they just don't want to hear it. That's the exact same look you get when you start talking to Democrats about personal responsibility, having a work ethic and actually being a productive member of society.

Old 03-18-2013, 12:47 PM

Quote:

Too late, the left wing nut job brigade has already attacked this man for making your messiah and his lap dog look like complete morons on national TV.
The only thing Obama has said to Carson is "Thank you for coming and for your speech"..

Now lets make a list of things Carson has said to denigrate Obama and blacks..

Old 03-18-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
The only thing Obama has said to Carson is "Thank you for coming and for your speech"..

Now lets make a list of things Carson has said to denigrate Obama and blacks..
I said left wing nutjobs, not just Obama... but thanks for at least trying to understand what I said.

Tolerance brigade calls Ben Carson ‘token,’ ‘Uncle Tom’ and ‘Oreo’ after CPAC speech | Twitchy

Would you look at all that left wing love and tolerance for a black man who spoke his mind.

Old 03-18-2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
I said left wing nutjobs, not just Obama... but thanks for at least trying to understand what I said.

Tolerance brigade calls Ben Carson ‘token,’ ‘Uncle Tom’ and ‘Oreo’ after CPAC speech | Twitchy

Would you look at all that left wing love and tolerance for a black man who spoke his mind.
Lets not forget Carson started all this by admitting he was looking to troll Obama and then proceeded to say "blacks don't think for themselves" - you would expect more restraint from a famous neurosurgeon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies