Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2013, 09:22 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
You honestly don't get the difference between the biological activity of sex and procreation and a cultural rationale of boys will be boys who rape and pillage, so it's up to girls to protect themselves against what males can't help but do according to some biological imperative? Um, ok.

And, by the way, bringing in abortion is a non-sequitor of epic proportion.

This liberal philosophy of which you speak gives the impression that the rape a teenage girl, taking pictures of the criminal act, making them available online, and then trying to cover the whole thing up is ok because sometimes men consent to having sex with other men? Seriously? Are you sucking on a Big Gulp as you make this stuff up? Please tell me you are, Dale.

Once again, the blaming of girls and women for the criminal activities perpetrated upon them by others.

How about starting with it's never ok to rape someone, no matter the circumstances.
Once again, I have to explain to you. This gets very old.

When you live in an 'everything goes' society, this is what you get.

On second thought, never mind. I'm not in the mood to talk to a brick wall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2013, 09:23 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRage View Post
Punishment was too light. They should know right from wrong and chose to do the wrong thing and they should suffer. However, as a prosecutor I would work out a deal and "promise" a lighter sentence than given if they rat out others.

Once you get the other twerps, send all of there butts to prison including the two convicted today and call it a job well done!

If that were my daughter, there would be a blood bath. I would find the twerp laughing in the video and rip is damn tongue out. As for Jane Hanlin's son, I would beat him to a pulp!

http://www.change.org/petitions/oh-b...for-misconduct
When interviewed, the prosecutor said it's possible others might be charged. Saw that interview on the news today.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:31 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Once again, I have to explain to you. This gets very old.

When you live in an 'everything goes' society, this is what you get.

On second thought, never mind. I'm not in the mood to talk to a brick wall.
We don't live in an "everything goes" society, Dale. Two men having consensual sex does not in any reach of the imagination pave the way for rape being ok, not in the mind and not in the law. Rape also occurs in the most socially strict of societies, so your logic just doesn't fly.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:38 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Not yet. Many want that though. If you are against it your a _____phobe of some type. Whatever they can make up. Pediphobe will be next if your against pedophiles because after all they are just misunderstood according to some of the far left leaners.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:56 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Not yet. Many want that though. If you are against it your a _____phobe of some type. Whatever they can make up. Pediphobe will be next if your against pedophiles because after all they are just misunderstood according to some of the far left leaners.
Can you be any further off topic?

Old 03-17-2013, 10:01 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Like you?

Old 03-17-2013, 10:46 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Not sure what your point is other than you just like typing words you usually wouldn't/couldn't type.

My comment related to someone speculating the girl was drugged, and then expecting people to believe the comment has credibility.

If you have proof she was drugged, bring it on. You don't? That's what I thought.

But have fun typing.
And you have no proof that she wasn't. I, at least, have a witness who testified that the girl told her that she thought she had been drugged. So, the idea that she was drugged did not come out of thin air. There was a basis for it.

One witness, a 17-year-old, testified the alleged victim told her she believed she had been drugged the night of the alleged assault, an allegation the witness said she did not believe because the girl "lies about things."

Alleged victim in Steubenville rape case takes the stand - CNN.com

Old 03-17-2013, 10:49 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,905 times
what they did is completely wrong but why are girls going to parties and getting this drunk

Old 03-17-2013, 10:50 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,133,213 times
The sentence isn't enough

Last edited by stargazzer; 03-17-2013 at 11:15 PM..

Old 03-17-2013, 11:06 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
well i don't know about that, i have a normal life in respect to what happened to me..i won't lie i think about it everyday, but i think there is still hope for me to have a normal life(in respect to what happened).
I wish you well, it's not what normally happens.
How are your relationships working out?
How about those trust issues you have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies