Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2013, 09:36 AM

2,256 posts, read 2,131,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokersaremiscreants View Post
Why don't smokers develop enough respect for other people so that they don't smoke?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
You really need to move to a complex that doesn't allow smoking. Many still do allow smoking and they can do as they choose even if you don't like it.
Exactly...

Complexes will tell and even advertise that they are smoke free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 09:37 AM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Do you not know the difference between "legal" and "illegal"?
What s stupid question to ask.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:39 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
Nowhere in out society do we reverse things to such a Bass Ackwards extend as with smokers.

Tell me, do you shoot your guns in the air on New Years and tell all the other people that if they don't want to get h it by falling bullets, it is up to THEM to leave.

Do you drive down the road, drunkenly, telling the pedestrians on the sidewalk, that if they don't want to get hit by your care, it is up to THEM to stay off of the sidewalk to avoid you when your swerve uncontrollably.

Do you let your dog crap all over the place, not pick it up, and then demand that everone else avoid your dog's crap if they don't want it on their shoes?

No, people ahve a right NOT to be assaulted. It is up the YOU, the potential assaulter to manage your addiction in such a way as to not assault them with your drug-filth. It is in no way up to society to get out of your way as you spew your filth with wanton disregard for the normal, non-addicted people.
I wouldn't go onto a rifle range and insist they stop shooting.
The drunk driving analogy isn't worth responding to
I wouldn't feel any sympathy at all for the s*** on their shoes if they got it while walking on MY lawn or even if they saw a pile of dog crap and refused to step around it but insisted on stepping in it on purpose.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:42 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Once something like this passes then they will outlaw BBQ, them after that you won't be able to cook with a gas stove, only electric; after all, it is for the children.
Your right, it never stops, they want more and more and more, and won't stop until everyone's freedoms are taken away....

Old 03-19-2013, 09:43 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
No one's individual liberties are more important than anyone else's.

Person A is at liberty to smoke.

Person B is at liberty to not smoke.

See how it works?

Assault and shooting bullets into the air are illegal.

Smoking is not.

I love the hyperbolic analogies that people come up with such as equating shooting bullets up in the air and smoking. Kind of like my favorite retort when it comes to legalizing pot for all of the "Reefer Madness" folks "DUH...errrr ummm well let's just legalize murder...errrr um!"

Old 03-19-2013, 09:45 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Nope. WRONG! If I as a smoker am sitting outside on a park bench smoking, and you a non-smoker come up and insist on me putting out my cigarette.... well... that isn't the way it works! Now, if it's the other way around, I have no issue with respecting your right to not breathe second hand smoke. I'll kindly go far enough away and smoke my cigarette, so that you don't have to smell it. So, it's really quite simple, if I'm there first, and you want to avoid it, then sit elsewhere! But don't make a scene, and expect someone to cater to you!

Old 03-19-2013, 09:46 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
You can enjoy your freedoms and smokers can enjoy theirs. Stay away from smokers if you don't like second hand smoke. Easy!!!

That would be too easy, and the logical thing to do! But control freaks don't want to do that! They want everyone else to conform to their bull**** rules! It's all about ME ME ME with them!

Old 03-19-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
Nowhere in out society do we reverse things to such a Bass Ackwards extend as with smokers.

Tell me, do you shoot your guns in the air on New Years and tell all the other people that if they don't want to get h it by falling bullets, it is up to THEM to leave.

Do you drive down the road, drunkenly, telling the pedestrians on the sidewalk, that if they don't want to get hit by your care, it is up to THEM to stay off of the sidewalk to avoid you when your swerve uncontrollably.

Do you let your dog crap all over the place, not pick it up, and then demand that everone else avoid your dog's crap if they don't want it on their shoes?

No, people ahve a right NOT to be assaulted. It is up the YOU, the potential assaulter to manage your addiction in such a way as to not assault them with your drug-filth. It is in no way up to society to get out of your way as you spew your filth with wanton disregard for the normal, non-addicted people.
If you don't like smokers then by all means move the some other country where it is illegal. I can smoke if and when I please. What is it with you and guns. I don't like guns but I respect the right that some people do.

Shooting guns in the air is illegal!!!

Old 03-19-2013, 09:51 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
This 2nd hand smoke business is a ploy to hide the real causes of cancer, and now adays, if you can't figure out what is really going on, you live in a plastic bubble.

All the crap they put in our water, food supply, etc, all those items are chemicals....they knew this already years ago when they put a special on TV about young boys growing boobs from all the hormones in our foods....

I don't buy this 2nd hand smoke crap unless you live with someone who is smoking inside all of the time....

you are breathing in all kinds of pollutants in the air...exhaust from air planes, cars, trucks, school buses.....plus all the chemical accidents...?

I mean it is pretty well common knowledge that the nuclear by products stay in the ground forever....plus chemicals they use on lakes to keep them algie free, plus blacktop, does anyone have any idea how toxic blacktoped roads are??????

Oh, and how bout everyone's decks? Do you realize what kind of chemicals are in Pressure treated lumber and everytime it rains that stuff washes into our water tables....?

Come on people wake the heck up....2nd hand smoke? I think not!!!!!! There are less people smoking today than any other time in the past 70 years.....???????

I mean it, whenever these people like the OP here get on this kick, it really really makes me angry that they are that shallow minded, and have not even considered any of the things I've mention....

Oh and how bout radon? Which is naturally in the ground.....and seeps into homes, apartments, etc.

My gosh, OP, take a freakin walk into a child's hospital and look at how many kids have cancers....and none of their parents smoke?

You think your doing something good with banning cigerettes, why don't you take that energy and make them clean up the oceans....stop dumping sewage and trash in the oceans....

Going Green makes me sick...and no one realizes how utterly damaged our infostructure is, like gas and sewer lines??????? Geeze Louise????? It's common sense....

Old 03-19-2013, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
Exactly...

Complexes will tell and even advertise that they are smoke free.
Exactly! Many hotels are like that now also. People have choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies