Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2013, 07:57 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,480,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
The "normal people?" So by virtue of simply being a non-smoker, that makes you "normal?" I think normal is highly overrated, so I don't mind being considered unique... but I hate to break it to you, being a non-smoker makes you no more or less normal than I am. Now tell us, do you have any bad habits? Or have you ever done something not 100% safe, like driving fast or rock climbing? I wonder what your carbon footprint is too.

Btw, I'm a smoker who is VERY conscientious about keeping my smoke/butts to myself - as a Californian I've been trained well. I don't smoke around other people (unless they explicitly approve), always stay the appropriate distance from public entrances, NEVER EVER throw butts out my car window (living in fire-hazardous Tahoe taught me that), etc. I give and give, never complain about the strict regulations here, but that's still not enough? Well then, all I can say is to build a bridge and get over it!

I thought conservatives hated nanny laws, but apparently that only applies to things they personally like.
That applies to things Robin likes. If you notice, no other conservative on this thread has said anything but the fact that smoking is legal and people should be free to do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 07:59 PM

642 posts, read 1,117,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
Wow, you must be in the rocket business, 'cause you're a real rocket scientist there. Get a clue. I can loan you one, if you'd like.
I'll take that clue in the form of that youtube vid I requested you make. Until then, keep on trolling, troll.

-And I'm not going to take that back.

Old 03-20-2013, 08:01 PM

15,896 posts, read 12,034,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abqpsychlist View Post
I'll take that clue in the form of that youtube vid I requested you make. Until then, keep on trolling, troll.

-And I'm not going to take that back.
OK... WTF did I miss?

Old 03-20-2013, 08:04 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,480,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
My version of a shrug would have been the middle finger.. Then again that's that blue collar Clevelander in me. I really would like to try to find the right ecig. But sometimes you just can't beat the real thing. A cigarette just goes good with anything. After a meal, with a beer, with a cup of coffee, after sex.... after a hit or two from the bong...... You get the idea.
I use White Cloud. I've tried several and nothing beats it. I do not even miss regular smoking. Their "patented Smooth Draw Technology" is not a gimmick, it is smooth as silk and just like the real thing, without the health risks and with no smell, no ashes, no matches, no nicotine stains. It's great.

Old 03-20-2013, 08:05 PM

30,448 posts, read 52,148,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
My version of a shrug would have been the middle finger.. Then again that's that blue collar Clevelander in me.
Oh, I was tempted! The only reason I refrained was because it was the mini-mall near my work, and this neighborhood is like a small town - so I didn't want them reporting that "the librarian flipped me off." In any other neighborhood, she definitely would've gotten the one-finger salute for that.

Quote:
I really would like to try to find the right ecig. But sometimes you just can't beat the real thing. A cigarette just goes good with anything. After a meal, with a beer, with a cup of coffee, after sex.... after a hit or two from the bong...... You get the idea.
Yeah, very true... I started with a cheap mini-mart variety, and to be honest it doesn't really do the trick. I'm planning to buy the Blue starter kit this weekend (get paid on Friday), and hopefully that will be a fair substitute. But you're right, there is no substitute for the real thing!

Old 03-20-2013, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
That applies to things Robin likes. If you notice, no other conservative on this thread has said anything but the fact that smoking is legal and people should be free to do it.
Fair enough, and I didn't mean to imply that is typical of ALL conservatives - but she is a particularly outspoken conservative, so it surprises me how she's supporting this idea (since most wouldn't).

Old 03-20-2013, 08:08 PM

Quote:
I use White Cloud. I've tried several and nothing beats it. I do not even miss regular smoking. Their "patented Smooth Draw Technology" is not a gimmick, it is smooth as silk and just like the real thing, without the health risks and with no smell, no ashes, no matches, no nicotine stains. It's great.
Thanks. I'll look that up. do you still smoke the real thing?

Old 03-20-2013, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Good to know... maybe I'll try those instead of the Blue brand?

Old 03-20-2013, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Oh, I was tempted! The only reason I refrained was because it was the Starbucks near my work, and this neighborhood is like a small town - so I didn't want them reporting that "the librarian flipped me off." In any other neighborhood, she definitely would've gotten the one-finger salute for that.

Yeah, very true... I started with a cheap mini-mart variety, and to be honest it doesn't really do the trick. I'm planning to buy the Blue starter kit this weekend (get paid on Friday), and hopefully that will be a fair substitute. But you're right, there is no substitute for the real thing!
Well you're a librarian that I wouldn't want to p*** off! LOL!. And I did the mini mart thing, which is why I'm not sold on it yet. Again I have to do more research. I may look at both yours and kidkaos's option.

Old 03-20-2013, 08:18 PM

Awwww... I was just on the White Cloud website, and it looks like they're not available here in CA.

I need a brand that can be purchased in-store, since I'd hate to run out and have to wait for a delivery - plus it's hard for me to receive deliveries, since I live in an apartment (and I'm rarely home when the front office is open to pick them up). Guess I'll try the Blue brand after all, as they're sold in many stores around here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies