Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 01:53 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,996,400 times

Advertisements

The Huffington Post is postively shocked this could be so.

In other news, CNN is becoming more like MSNBC, which is worse than Fox News. LoL.

Overview | State of the Media
MSNBC has done the most to ratchet up partisanship, the study found. The left-leaning channel devoted 85% of airtime to opinion and commentary and 15% to factual reporting.
The Changing TV News Landscape
At Fox News, the breakdown was 55% commentary and opinion to 45% factual reporting.

Fox News 55/45, that sounds like fair and balanced to me.

From now on whenever some Libnut goes off about "Faux News" we can just point at their favorite propaganda channel BSNBC, which has now been proven to be far, far worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2013, 01:55 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post

From now on whenever some libbie goes off about "Faux News" again we can just point at BSNBC which is far, far worse.
The diehards don't know the difference between opinion and fact.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:57 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
I'm curious to see how many liberals chime in on this. I think you make a very good point about Fox being Fair and Balanced. The study corroborrates this claim and it should be shoved right back into the faces of liberals every single time they get stupid.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:57 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,296,127 times
I don't watch MSNBC or Fox, because I want actual news...not opinions. That is harder and harder to come by in this era of 'infotainment' passing for news.

P.S. I lean left.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:59 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,264,225 times
Quote:
I ...At Fox News, the breakdown was 55% commentary and opinion to 45% factual reporting.[/indent]

Except the factual reporting is only reporting of facts they cherry pick, make up, or massage to fit their agenda. That's the genius of Roger Ailes: disguising opinion as reporting. Like, you know, Republican math.

Genius, I tell you.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:02 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
The Huffington Post is postively shocked this could be so.

In other news, CNN is becoming more like MSNBC, which is worse than Fox News. LoL.

Overview | State of the Media
MSNBC has done the most to ratchet up partisanship, the study found. The left-leaning channel devoted 85% of airtime to opinion and commentary and 15% to factual reporting.
The Changing TV News Landscape
At Fox News, the breakdown was 55% commentary and opinion to 45% factual reporting.

Fox News 55/45, that sounds like fair and balanced to me.

From now on whenever some Libnut goes off about "Faux News" we can just point at their favorite propaganda channel BSNBC, which has now been proven to be far, far worse.
Lots of examples. Fox reported Benghazi long before MSM and other news did. Instead of reporting Benghazi they tried to ignore it. When the main stream media was forced to report it they jumped on the "it was because of the video" and republicans are trying to politicize it" meme. I am not pro porting any news chanel but find I do know what is going on a little more when I watch fox.

Trying to keep an open mind I was watching Chris Matthews during the election and he was running around praising Obama. He asked a young kid who he was voting for and when the kid said Romney Chris Matthews said "your a racist." So that is news? Just recently Chris Matthews was saying that Obama was the perfect man. Come on people really?? No man, no Democrat, no Republican, NO ONE is perfect. And you listen to this guy?

11,768 posts, read 10,266,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
The diehards don't know the difference between opinion and fact.
So if half of what I tell you is factual and the other half is my opinion that is considered fair and balanced? Even if I make no distinction between the two? Take O'Reilly for example, he has been shown to be wrong time and time again yet he presents himself as a credible news anchor. However, when Jon Stewart called him on it he said he only presents his opinion of the news.

IMO, nobody should rely on either MSNBC or FOX, they both have an agenda and it isn't to deliver the news.

2,468 posts, read 1,919,926 times
How is this even possible? Yes MSNBC is left leaning but it has a ton of commentators and host who are or lean Republican.

lets start with Morning Joe, a Republican who has his own show and brings on a lot of Republican guests.

then there's David Gregory of Meet The Press (a show which hosts a lot of prominent Republicans)

Lets not forget Chuck Todd

And Michael Steele, former RNC chair

And Steve Schmidt

Yes MSNBC has Hardball, the Al Sharpton Show and Rachel Maddow...but for a supposed "hard left liberal" channel it has way too many Republicans onboard.

By comparison FoxNews has a paltry two "liberals" who are hardly featured and usually almost always drowned out...and Alan Colmes is always abused and drowned out in whatever show he's on.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:04 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,296,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
imo, nobody should rely on either msnbc or fox, they both have an agenda and it isn't to deliver the news.

this.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:06 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,960,577 times
I don't think liberals who watch MSNBC would really deny it. In fact, cable news is pretty low on the scale of information sources for self described liberals and those few that do watch it do so pretty much for the commentary.

Heck, MSNBC's marketing scheme is blatant about being from a liberal viewpoint. They don't make an effort to hide it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies