Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 01:58 PM

130 posts, read 147,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
Let's just hope he doesn't sexually assault any more females. He's in effect getting a free pass on this one. But looking at the recidivism rates for sex crimes we'll be hearing about Wilson again. And make no mistake, having sex with an intoxicated and high female is a crime. Men are in prison all over the country for doing it.
I'm beginning to think you grew up on the set of "Leave it to Beaver" or something. I went to a private Catholic high school that was primarily upper middle class caucasians. What went on at the discussed party was not much different then what went on at some of the parties thrown in my high school days. People got drunk and high and did stupid things. People would sleep with each other or whatever under the influence and I'm sure some woke up the next morning thinking, "what the hell did I do that for?" I still keep in touch with many of my high school friends who did these things and believe it or not they did not evolve into sexual predators. Crazy but true
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2007, 02:02 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,678,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatown206 View Post
I'm beginning to think you grew up on the set of "Leave it to Beaver" or something. I went to a private Catholic high school that was primarily upper middle class caucasians. What went on at the discussed party was not much different then what went on at some of the parties thrown in my high school days. People got drunk and high and did stupid things. People would sleep with each other or whatever under the influence and I'm sure some woke up the next morning thinking, "what the hell did I do that for?" I still keep in touch with many of my high school friends who did these things and believe it or not they did not evolve into sexual predators. Crazy but true

What happened at the hotel room was not a typical high school party. Five guys used two drunk and high women for sex. One after she was passed out. And they video taped it. And it was only after the older woman went and told her mother what happened to her was the police called in. The cops responded, seized the camera, and charges were pressed.

Well, at least I hope this doesn't describe a typical high school party.

Old 10-26-2007, 02:07 PM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
Quote:
What happened at the hotel room was not a typical high school party. Five guys used two drunk and high women for sex. One after she was passed out. And they video taped it.

Well, at least I hope this doesn't describe a typical high school party.
Oh believe me it does. My son is in law enforcement..you would be stunned!!
But in all reality I can remember stuff like this when I was growing up.

Not to disparage the young women involved but:
New Years Eve Party
Days Inn Motel
5 guys from the high school
alcohol

Kids are not stupid today..believe me they had a clue to the outcome of this

Old 10-26-2007, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Let's just hope he doesn't sexually assault any more females. He's in effect getting a free pass on this one. But looking at the recidivism rates for sex crimes we'll be hearing about Wilson again. And make no mistake, having sex with an intoxicated and high female is a crime. Men are in prison all over the country for doing it.
You know as a female rape is repulsive to me.

But on the flip side...how many guys are sitting in jail because they were wrongfully accused and found guilty of a rape that really never happened....pizzed off girlfriend...cheating wife / girlfriend.

we can never just seem to get it quite right...at one time law enforcement almost ignored you when you said rape..today the pendulum has swung all the way over and they are ready to crucify the male..

Yes a rapist does belong in jail but sometimes things aren't exactly the way we see it

Old 10-26-2007, 02:22 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,678,600 times
I used to be a corrections officer. So I've seen a quite a few people in jail for doing this exact sort of thing. For the most part I think this sort of crime is vastly under reported. Although I would agree that there are guys who are wrongfully accused. And keeping in mind, sex even once under the wrong circumstances these days can kill someone.

Old 10-26-2007, 02:25 PM

Quote:
I used to be a corrections officer. So I've seen a quite a few people in jail for doing this exact sort of thing. For the most part I think this sort of crime is vastly under reported. Although I would agree that there are guys who are wrongfully accused. And keeping in mind, sex even once under the wrong circumstances these days can kill someone.

Absolutely!!!

Old 10-26-2007, 06:07 PM

26,218 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Default Racism, pure and simple.

Putting that kid in jail was a travesty of justice. Millions of teens do the EXACT same thing every year.

I googled up his photo and bio, yep, another fat old white guy with a hang 'em high mentality. See:
- photo: Douglas County District Attorney
- bio: Biography (broken link)

Betcha his fat butt sits in some evangelical wingnut church where they talk the usual racist code-talk that passes for being a conservative these days, language like:
- End welfare. Translation: none of MY money is gonna go to them g-d niqqer's squirting out babies (Oops, the VAST majority of unwed moms are as WHITE as his bald-ass head).
- Get a job. Translation: flip burgers, scrub toilets or hang drywall - and pray you don't get sick and need a doctor....and go live in some ghetto, cause on that money you ain't gonna live in my 'hood.

Obviously, racism is alive and thriving. This guy proves it.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 10-26-2007 at 07:11 PM..

Old 10-26-2007, 06:27 PM

640 posts, read 461,608 times
This case had nothing to do with race - it had everything to do with a stupid law! Wilson was convicted in 2005; in 2006 the Georgia law was changed. And...last summer a Monroe County, Georgia judge heard an appeal for Wilson and agreed the sentence was wrong. And now the Georgia Supreme Court has finalized it. The law now sees his crime (sexual misconduct with a minor) as a misdemeanor with a sentence of no more than one year.

So stop with the racism crap and good-ol boy hypothesis already!

Last edited by Sooner_Nation_60; 10-26-2007 at 06:28 PM.. Reason: Duplicate word

Old 10-26-2007, 07:08 PM

26,218 posts, read 49,052,722 times
This case has as much to do with race as it does a stupid law. My blunt words were not my words, the language I illustrated is EXACTLY the words I've heard so many times in the past from my fellow whites, relatives even.

Our nation has a sorry past as far as race relations. Whole towns were massacred, thousands lynched. There are plenty of similar court cases, like the infamous Scottsboro Boys case where a whole bunch of young men were carted off to jail on the flimsy word of one wacko woman, who later recanted, but still those guys sat in jail until a national outcry.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:22 PM

640 posts, read 461,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
This case has as much to do with race as it does a stupid law. My blunt words were not my words, the language I illustrated is EXACTLY the words I've heard so many times in the past from my fellow whites, relatives even.

Our nation has a sorry past as far as race relations. Whole towns were massacred, thousands lynched. There are plenty of similar court cases, like the infamous Scottsboro Boys case where a whole bunch of young men were carted off to jail on the flimsy word of one wacko woman, who later recanted, but still those guys sat in jail until a national outcry.
This isn't the past. This is now. And that stupid law was put on the books by the good folks of Georgia because they felt it was worthy when they did it, I suppose. There is no clause that says the law if for blacks only. Now, Genarlow states that he was wrong to be in a cheap motel room with underage, drunk and high girls. He admits he was way wrong. What wasn't right was the sentence. And its been corrected. Yes, he spent too long in jail. But the end result is the law was changed because this TEENAGER (not a black or white kid - just a TEENAGER) was put into jail for getting a BJ from a minor (while it was video-taped). We should be happy that Georgia has corrected the problem rather than screaming race, racism, racist! I'm so weary of that being today's excuse for every dang thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies