Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 08:54 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
She is brilliant ...

Oh, her ratings are higher than Hannity in the coveted 25-54 age group and her overall ratings are double CNN. Not bad for "a college dorm basement broadcast."
But seriously, does she ever come up for air

I bet when she calls her friends at home, they can leave, go to the store, come back, and she
would still be talking, not realizing they ever left

She certainly can talk.

But, there is a difference between being talked to, and being talked at.
She falls in the latter for me. I don't find it brilliant, as much as annoying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 08:55 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,629,814 times
Is Rachel in the process of a sex change? She looks more and more manly everyday!

Old 03-21-2013, 09:00 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Oh, her ratings are higher than Hannity in the coveted 25-54 age group and her overall ratings are double CNN. Not bad for "a college dorm basement broadcast."
Depends on the day:

Tuesday March 19th Sean beat her by well over 125 points.

Monday March 18th Maddow only beat Sean by less than 30.

So, yo uare about half true, unless you have an average of time frames....say by the year....

Ratings - TVNewser

Old 03-21-2013, 09:01 AM

340 posts, read 495,939 times
Quote:
She is brilliant and it's a good thing she's pursuing gun control.

I admit she seems to try to be concise. But she also has an agenda that can lead her to pushing an issue rather than reporting on it.

The Gay issue is one and guns seems to be another. The AWB is DOA. Reid did not keep it in because as he said it has less than 40 votes. I was amazed at the people she brought in to cheer it on as if it had some kind of chance. Fienstein said it was said that the 94 Crime Bill was also said to be doa. But Clinton had a house and Senate that was majority Democrat. Not only that he spent a lot of capitol that cost the Democrats dearly in the 94 mid terms. I watched as many old dems went home for good over the gun issue.

If the AWB has little to no chance in the Senate what the hell do they think they are going to do in the house? The house is not something that is an after thought. Its got to pass the house or all the voting in the Senate is nothing but whoopde crap.

At the end of her piece she said that this was the time for people to call their senators to tell them to vote for it. She is no better than fox at pushing an agenda.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:02 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,174,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Depends on the day:

Tuesday March 19th Sean beat her by well over 125 points.

Monday March 18th Maddow only beat Sean by less than 30.

So, yo uare about half true, unless you have an average of time frames....say by the year....

Ratings - TVNewser

Plus you need to factor in his radio audience each day. Sean Hannity reaches MILLIONS more people than Rocky Maddow.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:06 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Is Rachel in the process of a sex change? She looks more and more manly everyday!
No, it's those dark, thick rimmed 1950's glasses that make her look more boyish than she really is.
She's actually quite pretty when she wants to do the "girl" thing.

I often thought Chris Hayes might be getting a sex change
or maybe is Rachel's twin brother, since he looks so much like her.
Once again the thick rimmed glasses.
I guess they really adored Buddy Holly.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:12 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,174,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
No, it's those dark, thick rimmed 1950's glasses that make her look more boyish than she really is.
She's actually quite pretty when she wants to do the "girl" thing.

I often thought Chris Hayes might be getting a sex change
or maybe is Rachel's twin brother, since he looks so much like her.
Once again the thick rimmed glasses.
I guess they really adored Buddy Holly.

I always thought it was the Janet Reno haircut?

Old 03-21-2013, 09:13 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Wow, Rachel Maddow sure does push the wingnut buttons. The fact that they attack her sexuality, her dress and looks and call her an "idiot" without citing anything specific, means that Maddow is on the right track.

Just have to wonder if they're just uncomfortable having a open lesbian hosting a show.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:15 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Wow, Rachel Maddow sure does push the wingnut buttons. The fact that they attack her sexuality, her dress and looks and call her an "idiot" without citing anything specific, means that Maddow is on the right track.

Just have to wonder if they're just uncomfortable having a open lesbian hosting a show.
Hey, they are slowing learning from the left.....Sarah Palin ring a bell?

And 2 hours into this thread.....and your making a statement like that? If this would have been a leftist thread strted by tempist69, this would be 40 pages long of pure hate mongering BS, proof or not....

You know that's a true statement...

Old 03-21-2013, 09:15 AM

340 posts, read 495,939 times
On some issues I agree with her on, I also agree with Hannity on some issues. I think she is pushing an agenda here more than reporting on the news. I am sick of news people pushing an agenda. When ever I hear call or write your congressman its a red flag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies